Professional Front Desk Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-01-30
So, you’re ready to take the next step in your career. Fantastic!
As a front desk associate, you're often the first person people see. So recruiters want to make sure they hire the right person for the job. But in order to get hired—or even interviewed—you need an eye-catching Front Desk resume.
Go through our full resume header guide for extra insights.
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a Front Desk resume
- Resume sections: This includes a header, summary, experience, education, and skills sections. These should be easily distinguishable.
- Administrative experience: There are certain skills recruiters will look for on your resume. This includes budgeting, scheduling, bookkeeping, inventory, mail handling, filing, and record keeping.
- Customer service skills: Recruiters look for someone who is comfortable greeting guests and answering the phone. They should also be able to answer any questions visitors have.
- Expertise in MS Office: Front desk associates need to know how to use Word, Outlook, and Excel at the very least.
- Familiarity with office equipment: This includes printers, scanners, and fax machines.
PRO TIPUse a professionally designed resume template. Because if your resume looks like every other one in the stack, it's unlikely you'll get a callback. Find one that's unique and eye-catching. A recruiter usually spends only 7 seconds on each resume, so those 7 seconds need to count.
What phrases to use in my Front Desk resume skills
- Microsoft Office
- MS Office
- Customer Service
How to describe your Front Desk resume skills
How to use Microsoft Office in your Front Desk resume:
Create bi-weekly and monthly financial logs using Microsoft office package. Create presentations for company promotion and education outreach opportunities.
How to use Excel in your Front Desk resume:
Developed a collaborative workplace for our clients, architects and subcontractors which resulted in fulfiling our vision; excellence in project delivery and strong and rewarding relationships with our clients, our partners and the communities we serve
How to use Word in your Front Desk resume:
Perform word processing tasks such as writing letters, reports, and our monthly employee newsletter.
How to use Customer Service in your Front Desk resume:
communicating with guest, providing great customer service, working in busy restaurant enviroment
How to use PowerPoint in your Front Desk resume:
This included carefully reading the new textbook and creating lesson plans and powerpoint slides
How to use Teamwork in your Front Desk resume:
Gained experience in working with Greek guests, improved teamwork skills and time management.
How to use Salesforce in your Front Desk resume:
Worked closely with finance department in monthly expense reports using Salesforce and Concur.
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Front Desk resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Front Desk resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Try free for 7 days
Variety of custom sections