Set up a checklist with every bit of information you want your resume to convey at the end. These may include:
- Job achievements of high importance
- Culture fit through personality and relevant hobbies
- Extracurricular activities, relevant websites or projects
Once you have the rough content of your resume, compare it with the checklist so you don’t forget anything important.
Another point of reference should be the job description. All competencies, experience, and skills needed to do the job well are outlined there, so make sure what accomplishments you highlight match the job offer.
To sum up, your resume must answer the following questions:
- Who are you?
- What’s your experience?
- What’s your motivation for joining this company?
- How will you contribute to the company?