Why are Mentoring Skills Important
Mentors are an incredibly important part of helping employees develop both personally and professionally. So employers often want to hire managers and supervisors who have strong mentoring skills. If you have mentoring skills, you can set yourself apart from other candidates who simply manage their employees but fail to make personal connections with them.
See how to use Mentoring skills on your resume:
Worked with community partners to provide a strength-based mentoring program for Ethno-Racial youth aged 9-13
On track to deliver at least A$25m in business benefits in FY20 through advanced analytics initiatives
Led delivery of A$1.2m in benefits from Predictive Maintenance
Led various RFT process including a successful NZ$1m award
Led teams that migrated, consolidated and standardised collaboration platforms, saving the organisation US$7m
Hired, led a team of 85 marketing, 200+ sales staff
Responsible for NPD (TED 5 Seeds Cider, XXXX Summer Bright Lager)
Mentoring fundamental skill set:
- Helped employees create short-term and long-term goals and supported them along the way
- Offered guidance when employees were struggling to meet deadlines or dealing with difficult clients
- Encouraged employees to step out of their comfort zones and take ownership of their projects
- Practiced active listening when employees come to me with concerns and did my best to address those concerns
- Supported employees in career development and continuing education courses and certification
What jobs require Mentoring skills:
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- Senior Project Manager
- Senior Software Engineer
- Director, Ww Partner Operations, Planning And Strategy
- Advisor On Innovation, Startups, Entrepreneurship & Business Development
- Services Team Lead
- Ceo / Founder
Read our article on how to add language skills on resume for additional tips and tricks.
Mentoring skills courses and certificates:
Here are the top related skills to Mentoring:
Mentoring popularity over time:
Courtesy of Google Trends
Go through our full resume header guide for extra insights.
About this report:
Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com.
While those skills are most commonly met on resumes, you should only use them as inspiration and customize your resume for the given job.