According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Assistant Front Office Manager positions are at a 9% growth rate, which is as fast as average. With that said, there are currently 322,000 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 28,600 to 350,600 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Assistant Front Office Manager jobs was $98,890 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $56,080, and the highest 10% more than $169,930.
Our conclusion? The Assistant Front Office Manager job market is wide open for candidates.
Top assistant front office manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
What to include in your assistant front office manager resume experience section
Assistant Front Office Manager Resume Experience Section Checklist:":
- Use at least 3 and no more than 7 bullet points per position;
- Make your experience sound relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Combine responsibilities, results, and critical situations that you’ve handled well;
- Show that you’re willing to take up on challenges;
- Include numbers in any form you like.
Looking for some real experience section examples? We’ve gathered the best Assistant Front Office Manager resume samples to help you. Check them out before building your own resume!
- Launched the 24 hour's check in - check out service
- Successful Pre-Opening of all 3 Hotels, helped in preparing the standard operating policies & procedures for the department.
- To increase the customer satisfaction index and TripAdvisor ranking, Launched Surprise & Delight guests amenity program.
- Prepared the Night Audit tasks lists for all the 3 properties in coordination with the Finance Department.
- Launched the GDPR compliance protocol for the department and successfully became the GDPR champion for all the 3 Hotels.
- Managing and training the concierge, night auditor and team of receptionists.
- Troubleshooting emergencies.
- Liaising with other departments
- Rooms division budgeting. .
- Ensuring employees are offering exceptionalCustomer service.
- Delegating duties.
- Routing sales productivity reports to staff.Motivating employees.
- Handling cash and end of day checking.
- Dealing with customer complaints and issues.
- Led and managed a team of 10-15+ colleagues
- Implemented strategies and new standard of operation with COVID19 guidelines in place
- In charge of monthly reports including inventory and forecasting
In writing your Assistant Front Office Manager resume, you will no doubt want to list your previous duties - as you should. But steer clear of just listing your duties, instead of your achievements. Make your resume stand out by communicating what you have done, and not merely what the job needed you to do.
Action verbs for your assistant front office manager resume
Top assistant front office manager skills for your resume
Assistant front office manager resume skills section checklist:
- Match your hard skills to the job description;
- Add keywords to pass applicant tracking systems;
- Don’t list soft skills such as ’teamwork’ – rather, mention how they’ve helped you gain success in some other sections of your Assistant Front Office Manager resume;
- List only skills you actually have, keep lying out of the picture.
Top skills for your assistant front office manager resume
Front Desk Software
Planning and organisation
Attention to detail
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
Assistant front office manager resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your assistant front office manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Assistant Front Office Manager resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
Craft a strong assistant front office manager resume summary
Assistant front office manager resume summary checklist:
- Your total years of experience
- The industry you’re coming from
- One or two most remarkable accomplishments that have helped you - turn into a great professional
- Short sentences that add value – avoid filler words and phrases
Resume summary formula:
Your summary should act as an elevator speech, briefly promoting how you will benefit the employer if hired. Pitch your strengths in the summary and expand on them in your Assistant Front Office Manager experience section. Give examples like how your work benefited each employer.
Highlight your education, certifications, and courses
What to include in your education and courses sections.
- Your highest education degree – this includes institution, course, and duration
- Certifications and courses that have helped you gain additional expertise
- Awards you’ve received as part of your education
- Entry-level positions only: relevant classes and projects
Top certifications for your assistant front office manager resume
Microsoft Excel - Excel from Beginner to Advanced
Excel with this A-Z Microsoft Excel Course. Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013, 2016, Excel 2019 and Microsoft/Office 365
Ultimate Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access
Learn basic to advanced Microsoft Office skills in this 9-course bundle for Office 365 or Office 2019
React Front To Back 2022
Learn modern React by building 4 projects including a Firebase 9 app and a full stack MERN app
Hotel Front Office for Beginners
Get your basics right
The Project Management Course: Beginner to PROject Manager
The Complete Course for becoming a Successful Project Manager
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
Drafting a Job-winning Assistant Front Office Manager Resume
When drafting your resume, you can choose between three well-known formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which format you decide to go for depends on two things: your personal preference and how experienced you are.
The reverse-chronological format is ideal for both really experienced people and those who joined the workforce just a couple of years ago. It’s also great if your experience combines different industries and jobs. Here, your most recent position comes at the top of your resume.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is ideal for recent graduates or people who have no work experience whatsoever. It’s built around your skills, interests, and expertise. Ultimately, its goal is to show recruiters your biggest strengths and practical skills.
Combination resumes (also known as hybrid resumes) are great for all types of candidates – be they graduates, experienced professionals, or brave career changers. They usually follow a double-column format – one side focuses on your experience, while the other emphasizes your education, skills, interests, and accomplishments.
Here’s our resume format and style checklist:
- Choose a traditional resume font sized 12p;
- Go for standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Match the length of your Assistant Front Office Manager resume with your experience – choose a one-page template if you have less than 10 years of experience, and be careful with two-page templates;
- Send your resume in PDF – in this way, you’ll avoid formatting issues and potential editing from third parties.
And in case you want to go the extra mile, check out our guide for crafting a resume that stands out.
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
Other sections worth including in your assistant front office manager resume
Including other sections in your resume depends on the company, the position, and, ultimately, the industry. Here are some sections that will help you spice things up:
An assistant front office manager resume that stands out
Recruiters look at tens of resumes every day. That’s why helping them remember yours is crucial for landing an interview.
A creative resume can help you show off both your personality and your expertise at the same time.
Creative sections about passions, favorite books, quotes, and even your daily routine are a great way to make your resume feel like a breath of fresh air.
What’s more, it will also point recruiters to the fact that you’re attentive to detail and can think outside the box of Word-generated black and white resumes.
What makes a great assistant front office manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.