Top Business Office Manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
Things to remember when writing your Business Office Manager experience section
Business Office Manager Resume’s Job Experience Checklist:
- Use 4-6 bullet points per job title;
- Don’t go further than a decade behind when describing your job history, unless you’re applying for an executive position;
- Combine job responsibilities as well as achievements with numbers in results when you describe your past work;
- Start each sentence with a power verb and avoid overused buzzwords;
- Use either C-A-R or S-T-A-R methodology, when describing your experience.
We’ve gathered the most impressive Business Office Manager experience sections from real Enhancv resumes. Check them out for some additional inspiration!
- Increased Medicaid reimbursement rate by 15% through diligent billing and follow-up procedures
- Reduced accounts receivable aging by 25% within the first year of employment
- Implemented an automated billing system resulting in a 30% reduction in billing errors
- Provided financial counseling to residents and families, resulting in a 20% increase in collections
- Maintained compliance with all state and federal regulations related to LTC facilities
- Reduced the average days outstanding for accounts receivable from 45 to 30 days
- Increased the monthly collections rate by 20% through implementation of more effective collection procedures
- Conducted regular audits of accounts receivable to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Collaborated with the billing department to improve billing accuracy and reduce errors
- Provided regular financial counseling to patients and families, resulting in increased patient satisfaction
- Reduced average accounts receivable days from 45 to 30 through implementing new billing and collections processes.
- Developed and implemented a patient satisfaction survey resulting in a 10% increase in overall satisfaction scores.
- Managed the transition to electronic medical records system, resulting in a 20% increase in efficiency and accuracy of billing processes.
- Conducted monthly staff meetings to ensure team members were meeting departmental goals and objectives.
- Successfully negotiated contracts with multiple insurance companies, resulting in a 15% increase in reimbursement rates.
- Implemented new patient registration process, resulting in a 25% decrease in errors and a 15% decrease in patient wait times.
- Managed a team of 10 staff members, conducting annual performance evaluations and providing ongoing coaching and training.
- Developed and implemented new billing processes resulting in a 20% increase in revenue and a 10% decrease in accounts receivable days.
- Negotiated contracts with multiple insurance companies resulting in a 10% increase in reimbursement rates.
- Created and maintained departmental budget, ensuring operations were within budgetary parameters.
Include quantitative data throughout your Business Office Manager resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action Verbs for your Business Office Manager Resume
Taking Control of Your Business Office Manager Resume’s Skills Section
Checklist for your Business Office Manager skills section:
- Include all relevant skills from the job description to pass ATS;
- Focus on skills that show your expertise;
- List your technical skills in a clear and concise manner;
- Leave room for transferable skills related to teamwork, communication, negotiation, and conflict management.
Top skills for your business office manager resume
Attention to Detail
When describing your experience, don’t go too far from its terminology. Recruiters use ATS systems to filter resumes based on them having certain keywords, so make sure you use at least a few keywords mentioned in the job description.
Business Office Manager resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist: a strong Business Office Manager resume summary:
- Use adjectives that highlight the character traits you’re most proud of;
- Mention 1-2 of your biggest achievements;
- Add keywords from the job advert to increase your chances of passing ATS;
- Keep the recruiter’s attention by going for short sentences.
Resume summary formula:
Highlight specific past projects that you’re most proud of in your summary. It sets an excellent tone for the rest of your resume. You can talk about all of your former jobs in your work experience section later on.
How to write a Business Office Manager resume
There are three basic resume formats you can choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional resume format;
- Hybrid (or Combination) resume format;
The most optimal format for your particular case will depend on your years of experience, as well as whether you’re switching industries or not.
Reverse chronological resumes are best suited for experienced individuals who are sticking to their industry. The experience section takes a central place, and its bullets contain your responsibilities and achievements, coupled with numbers and results.
Functional resumes are used by less experienced jobseekers or career changers. Note that it’s not a format that recruiters prefer, as most are used to the classic chronological alignment. Instead of a list of job titles, functional resumes focus on your skills, and through what experiences you gained them.
Hybrid resumes are great for both experienced and entry-level candidates, as well as career changers. They combine the best of both worlds - most often in a double column format, where one side of the content is focused on your experience, whereas the other - on your skills, strengths, and proudest moments.
Don’t miss our resume format checklist:
- Go for a traditional easy-to-read resume font sized 10-12p;
- Don’t risk it: choose standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Make sure your Business Office Manager resume fits in one to two pages;
- Save your resume in PDF to avoid having it edited by someone else.
Looking for more tips? Check out our job-winning guide for crafting a resume that gets you remembered!