Professional Office Administrator Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-07-07
Office administration can be a competitive field. And creating a well-written resume isn't necessarily intuitive.
Keep reading to give yourself a competitive edge. We have all the tips and tricks to write an Office Administrator resume that will land you your next job.
Check out our full guide on how to review your resume for additional tips.
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in an Office Administrator resume
- Resume sections: Your resume should be broken out into sections. At very least, your resume should include a header, summary, experience, education, and skills section.
- Administrative experience: The experience section of your resume is arguably the most important. Be sure to highlight all administrative experience you have. This includes things like scheduling, bookkeeping, filing, mail handling, record keeping, and any other daily office operations.
- Customer service skills: Are you comfortable managing the daily operations and communications of an office? This includes answering the phones, directing calls, and taking messages.
- Proficient in MS Office: Recruiters look for candidates proficient in Word, Outlook, and Excel. Quickbooks is another handy skill to have.
- Familiarity using office equipment: Administrative Assistants often use printers, scanners, and fax machines.
PRO TIPYour resume is essentially a written form of an elevator speech. Don’t just add information to add information. Be very intentional about the content of it. Each word and each sentence should serve a purpose—not just fill up space.
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Office Administrator resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Office Administrator resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Try free for 7 days
Variety of custom sections