Top HR Administrative Assistant sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
How to craft the perfect HR Administrative Assistant resume experience section
HR Administrative Assistant Resume Experience: Checklist
- Use either chronological or reverse-chronological format when listing your previous jobs;
- Mention only relevant positions that add value to your resume;
- Briefly state the challenges you’ve faced and how you’ve overcome them;
- Highlight the results from your efforts (for bonus points, add numbers, percentage rates, etc.);
- Forget about buzzwords! Use power verbs instead.
The work experience samples below come from real HR Administrative Assistant resumes that got people hired at top companies. You can use them as an inspiration to build your own resume:
- Updated and maintained over 100 employee files, ensuring all information was accurate and up-to-date
- Provided exceptional customer service to clients and candidates, answering phone and email inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Assisted with planning and execution of employee functions, resulting in a 95% employee satisfaction rate
- Supported hiring and onboarding of new candidates, resulting in a 30% reduction in time-to-hire
- Handled confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Performed data entry tasks accurately and efficiently using HRMS and ADP software
- Maintained calendars for HR team members, scheduling meetings and appointments with 100% accuracy
- Provided exceptional customer service to employees, answering questions and addressing concerns via phone and email
- Assisted with hiring process, including posting job ads, screening resumes, and scheduling interviews
- Managed confidential employee information, ensuring all data was kept secure and confidential
- Maintained accurate records in HRMS software, resulting in a 20% increase in efficiency
- Provided administrative support to HR team, including preparing reports and presentations, managing expenses, and organizing employee events
- Managed the preparation and distribution of monthly birthday cards for over 400 full time and part time staff members
- Updated leave applications into the HR system accurately and efficiently
- Maintained and updated staff records, including the HR System and HR employment list, resulting in an error-free database
- Streamlined data clean-up procedures, reducing errors and inaccuracies by 20%
- Prepared long service certificates and employment confirmation letters within tight deadlines
- Ensured timely renewal of work passes for over 400 full time and part time staff members
- Maintained accurate records of work passes, resulting in zero fines or penalties from MOM
- Reduced administrative errors in processing work passes by 25%
- Prepared and submitted accurate Monthly MOM GIRO bill and Foreign Worker Levy report on time
- Played a key role in the successful transition of a new HR system, ensuring that data was accurately transferred and staff were trained on the new system
- Managed stationery ordering for the HR team, ensuring that adequate supplies were always available for use
- Provided efficient and effective administrative support for HR projects and other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Managed multiple tasks simultaneously, ensuring that all deadlines were met
- Successfully screened and tested over 100 applicants resulting in the hiring of 10 qualified candidates.
- Conducted internal audits resulting in the identification and correction of 20 compliance issues.
- Tracked compliance training for over 200 employees resulting in 100% completion rate.
- Provided orientation for new employees resulting in a 90% employee satisfaction rate.
- Assisted with recruiting and onboarding resulting in the successful hiring of 20 new employees.
- Maintained HR records resulting in a 99% accuracy rate.
- Assisted with payroll and benefits administration for over 300 employees.
- Coordinated employee events resulting in a 95% employee satisfaction rate.
- Managed office supplies and inventory resulting in a 20% reduction in supply costs.
- Assisted with scheduling and travel arrangements resulting in a 95% on-time arrival rate for meetings.
- Responded to inquiries and directed calls resulting in a 100% customer satisfaction rate.
Show off real numbers that display your accomplishments in past roles. Instead of listing out your responsibilities as HR Administrative Assistant, talk about the measurable impact you made to their business. Did you boost their revenue? Increase customer retention? Mention your proudest points on your resume.
Action Verbs for your HR Administrative Assistant Resume
Taking Control of Your HR Administrative Assistant Resume’s Skills Section
Writing a skills section that stands out:
- Check the job advert for keywords that you can use: this will help you pass ATS;
- Focus on relevant and valuable skills that will support your application;
- Make sure to include both hard and technical skills, leaving soft skills for other sections of your HR Administrative Assistant resume;
- Don’t list skills you don’t have.
Top skills for your hr administrative assistant resume
Microsoft Office Suite
Filing and Organization
Attention to Detail
When picking skills to feature in your resume, make sure they'll be relevant to the position you’re applying to. The point of listing skills is for you to stand out from the competition. Stay away from repetitive, meaningless skills that everyone uses in their resumes. Or else, they’ll backfire and make you look like an average candidate.
HR Administrative Assistant resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Making a strong first impression:
- Keep your summary section short and easy to read; avoid long sentences;
- Highlight your total years of experience in the field;
- Mention 1-2 of your biggest achievements and strengths;
- Add a couple of keywords from the job advert.
Resume summary formula:
Highlight specific past projects that you’re most proud of in your summary. It sets an excellent tone for the rest of your resume. You can talk about all of your former jobs in your work experience section later on.
Choosing the Right Format for Your HR Administrative Assistant Resume
In general, there are three basic formats for your resume:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Some things to consider when choosing the right format for your HR Administrative Assistant resume include the stage of your career, whether you have all the right skills required for the job or are looking for an industry change, and what field you’re looking to grow in.
The reverse-chronological resume format is the most common one. It lets you describe your most recent job and then move backward. This makes it great for people who have around or less than 10 years of experience and are looking to highlight only their work-related skills and qualities.
If you’re just starting your career journey and reverse-chronological resumes sound too demanding, go for the functional resume format. It’s ideal for showcasing your strengths, personal qualities, skills, education, and the courses you’ve taken, without putting too much pressure on experience and expertise.
Don’t worry if neither of these sounds suitable for you – the hybrid or combination resume format will surely match your needs. It’s similar to the reverse-chronological, but with a catchy twist. Combination or hybrid resumes are great for showcasing both your experience and work-related skills and your personal qualities. Add a “What my day looks like” section for enhancing the jaw-dropping experience!
HR Administrative Assistant Resume Formatting Checklist
- Choose the resume format based on your level of experience and the company you’re applying for
- Go for a traditional 10-12p font
- Stick to 1-inch page margins to ensure high readability
- Match the length of your resume to your experience, but don’t go for more than two pages!
To take it a step further, check out how your resume can stand out without leaning too much on the creative side.