How can hackathon experience be included on a resume?
Hackathon experience can be included on a resume in several ways:
- As a separate section: Create a section labeled "Hackathons" or "Competitive Programming" and list the hackathons you have participated in, along with the technologies and languages used, and any prizes or accolades received.
- As part of the work experience: If the hackathon was related to your field of work, you can include it as part of your work experience, listing the company or organization that organized the hackathon, the role you played, and any relevant achievements.
- As a bullet point under skills: If the hackathon experience is relevant to the job you are applying for, you can list the skills you gained or used during the hackathon under the skills section of your resume.
- As a side project: If you have created an app, software or product during the hackathon that you believe is relevant to your field, you can include it as a side project on your resume.
Overall, it's important to keep in mind that the hackathon experience should be included in a way that is relevant to the job you are applying for, and that it highlights the skills and experiences that are most relevant to the position.
- •Developed a web application using React and Node.js to automate the donation process for a local food bank.
- •Collaborated with a team of developers, designers, and non-profit professionals to create a functional prototype.