Top Customer Service Cashier sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
Things to remember when writing your Customer Service Cashier experience section
Customer Service Cashier Experience Section Checklist:
- Keep it short: use no more than 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Go for short, easy-to-read sentences to keep recruiters engaged;
- Focus on relevant job experience that will enhance your application;
- Describe your experience using the C-A-R (challenge, action, result) methodology;
- Ditch buzzwords and go for power words instead.
We’ve collected some of the top resume experience sections from real Enhancv users. Check them out when drafting your own Customer Service Cashier resume!
- Maintained accuracy and efficiency while processing over 100 transactions per day with no discrepancies
- Trained and mentored 3 new cashiers in cash register operations and customer service
- Received 95% positive customer feedback in customer satisfaction surveys
- Achieved monthly sales targets by 10% through upselling and cross-selling products to customers
- Resolved customer complaints and issues with empathy and problem-solving skills, resulting in a 95% customer satisfaction rate
- Maintained store appearance and organized merchandise to ensure a pleasant shopping experience for customers
- Reduced customer wait time by 30% by implementing an efficient customer service strategy.
- Processed an average of 50 rental agreements per week with a 99% accuracy rate.
- Achieved a 95% customer satisfaction rating by providing excellent customer service.
- Managed a cash register with a daily average of $2,500 in transactions with zero discrepancies.
- Resolved customer complaints promptly and effectively resulting in a 20% increase in customer loyalty.
- Achieved a 20% increase in sales by implementing effective sales strategies.
- Managed a cash register with a daily average of $1,500 in transactions with zero discrepancies.
- Assisted in the training of new sales associates resulting in a 30% decrease in training time.
- Maintained a clean and organized store resulting in a 95% customer satisfaction rating.
- Provided excellent customer service resulting in a 90% customer satisfaction rating.
- Processed an average of 100 transactions daily resulting in accurate records of transactions and a balanced cash drawer.
- Resolved customer complaints resulting in 95% customer satisfaction.
- Increased store revenue by 10% through suggestive selling techniques.
- Processed an average of 75 transactions daily resulting in accurate records of transactions and a balanced cash drawer.
- Answered customer inquiries resulting in 90% customer satisfaction.
- Increased store revenue by 5% through suggestive selling techniques.
- Assisted an average of 50 customers daily resulting in increased customer satisfaction.
- Processed an average of 60 transactions daily resulting in accurate records of transactions and a balanced cash drawer.
- Increased store revenue by 8% through suggestive selling techniques.
In writing your Customer Service Cashier resume, you will no doubt want to list your previous duties - as you should. But steer clear of just listing your duties, instead of your achievements. Make your resume stand out by communicating what you have done, and not merely what the job needed you to do.
Action Verbs for your Customer Service Cashier Resume
Taking Control of Your Customer Service Cashier Resume’s Skills Section
Checklist for a perfect Customer Service Cashier resume skills section:
- Make sure to include most if not all essential skills for the job;
- Check the job description and add some keywords to pass ATS;
- List both hard and technical skills;
- When it comes to soft skills – elaborate on them in other sections of your resume (e.g. the experience section).
Top skills for your customer service cashier resume
attention to detail
Don’t feel obliged to spend a separate section for your soft skills - you can weave them throughout your job experience or career summary. But, don’t just write empty words - back them with examples.
Customer Service Cashier resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist: the perfect Customer Service Cashier resume summary section
- Add a couple of keywords from the job description;
- Mention some of your most valuable skills and characteristics;
- Highlight your top achievements (and add numbers!);
- Use no more than 3-5 sentences to guarantee readability and keep - the hiring manager interested.
Resume summary formula:
Highlight specific past projects that you’re most proud of in your summary. It sets an excellent tone for the rest of your resume. You can talk about all of your former jobs in your work experience section later on.
The Best Format for Your Customer Service Cashier Resume
Choosing the right format for your resume might seem difficult, regardless of whether you’re a newbie or a master. In short, there are three basic resume formats for you to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The choice you make depends on your level of experience and the company you’re applying for.
The reverse-chronological resume format is great for you if you have at least 10 years of experience, no employment gaps, and are not looking for a career change. Here, you are expected to list all your previous jobs in a reverse-chronological format, starting from your most recent position and going back to the oldest one. It’s perfect for experienced individuals who are looking for a straightforward way to highlight their expertise.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is great for recent graduates or professionals with large employment gaps. It focuses on skills and education, rather than experience. This makes it ideal for showing you’re the right fit without putting too much emphasis on your lack of (relevant) experience.
If you’re looking for something a bit more creative, go for the combination resume format. It’s a mix of the reverse-chronological and the functional skills-based formats, which makes it ideal for all types of applicants. What’s more, it’s considered modern and innovative, and isn’t this what you want your application to feel like anyway?
Here are some more things worth remembering when it comes to formatting your Customer Service Cashier resume:
- Choose standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for traditional resume fonts sized 10-12p;
- Match the length of your Customer Service Cashier resume with your experience – choose a one-page template if you have less than 10 years of experience, and be careful with two-page templates – use them only when applying for executive positions;
- Save your resume in PDF to avoid formatting issues and potential unauthorized editing.
Tired of getting rejected? Check out this article on how to craft a resume that stands out!