Top VP Digital Marketing sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a job-winning experience section: VP Digital Marketing resume edition
Perfecting Your VP Digital Marketing Resume Experience Section:
- Focus on results, not responsibilities;
- Use 4-6 bullet points per position;
- List only positions that are relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Include at least some form of quantitative data – it can be linked to the number of people you’ve managed or the - percentage decrease in costs that’s followed from your work - you decide;
- Choose action verbs over buzzwords.
Looking for real-life examples of what a strong experience section looks like? Check out our suggestions below!
- Increased website traffic by 50% through SEO and SEM optimization resulting in a 30% increase in sales.
- Developed and executed a global content marketing plan resulting in a 25% increase in brand awareness.
- Managed a team of 15 marketers across multiple regions and functions.
- Implemented a lead scoring model resulting in a 20% increase in lead quality.
- Launched a successful ABM program resulting in a 15% increase in deal size and 10% increase in win rate.
- Built and maintained relationships with digital marketing agencies and vendors resulting in a 10% reduction in marketing spend.
- Developed and managed a $10M annual marketing budget.
- Implemented a lead nurturing program that resulted in a 50% increase in SQLs and a 20% increase in conversion rates.
- Developed and executed a comprehensive social media strategy that resulted in a 25% increase in social media engagement and a 15% increase in website traffic.
- Managed a team of 10 digital marketers and oversaw the development of all digital marketing campaigns.
- Increased email open rates by 35% through A/B testing and segmentation.
- Developed and managed a $5M annual marketing budget.
- Implemented a marketing automation platform resulting in a 30% increase in marketing efficiency.
- Increased lead generation by 50% through targeted email campaigns and social media advertising.
- Doubled website traffic through SEO optimization and content marketing strategies.
- Managed a team of 10 marketers and designers, overseeing project timelines and budgets.
- Developed and executed comprehensive digital marketing plans for clients in industries including finance, healthcare, and technology.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of digital marketing efforts with broader business strategies.
- Grew email list for a leading fintech company by 200%, resulting in increased lead generation and revenue.
- Developed and implemented social media advertising campaigns for a major healthcare provider, resulting in a 30% increase in patient referrals.
- Conducted comprehensive SEO audit for a leading e-commerce company, resulting in a 25% increase in organic search traffic.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to develop and execute digital campaigns that aligned with broader business goals.
- Managed a team of 5 digital strategists, providing guidance and support to ensure successful execution of campaigns.
- Developed and executed paid search campaigns that resulted in a 75% increase in lead generation for a leading legal services provider.
- Created and implemented a comprehensive social media strategy for a major consumer products company, resulting in a 20% increase in engagement.
- Led the redesign of a client's website, resulting in a 40% increase in website traffic and improved user experience.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to ensure successful execution of campaigns, including designers, developers, and copywriters.
- Managed a team of 3 digital marketers, providing guidance and support to ensure successful execution of campaigns.
Include quantitative data throughout your VP Digital Marketing resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action Verbs for your VP Digital Marketing Resume
VP Digital Marketing Resume: Crafting a Strong Skills Section
How to write a strong VP Digital Marketing resume skills section?
- Make sure to include all types of skills - soft, hard, technical;
- Focus on skills that show your expertise in the field;
- Check the job description for keywords and make sure to add them to your resume – this will help you pass ATS;
- Leave room for discussion – elaborate on some of your strongest skills in other sections of your resume
Top skills for your vp digital marketing resume
Social Media Marketing
Don’t feel obliged to spend a separate section for your soft skills - you can weave them throughout your job experience or career summary. But, don’t just write empty words - back them with examples.
VP Digital Marketing resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Job-winning VP Digital Marketing resume summary checklist:
- Mention your total years of experience in the field;
- Highlight one or two of your top achievements;
- Avoid getting into too much detail – you’ll do that in the experience section;
- Focus on short sentences that are easy to read and add value to your application.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a brief but informative introduction to your experience section. In this section you should go into more depth about what you have done, and how you did it.
Choosing the Best Format for Your VP Digital Marketing Resume
The content of your VP Digital Marketing resume is what will get you hired, right?
But even when your content’s amazing and you’re a true over-achiever, recruiters might not think you’re a good fit if your resume looks messy or is not formatted the right way.
In general, there are three basic resume formats we advise you to stick with:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Deciding which one to use depends on your experience, the industry, and the company. In short — you need to know what your applicant profile is.
For instance, reverse-chronological resumes are great for people with over 10 years of experience and no employment gaps. Here, you need to list all your relevant experience in a reverse-chronological format, starting from the most recent and going back to less recent positions.
Functional skills-based resumes, on the other hand, are great for entry-level applicants, graduate students, or people who have different kinds of experience. It focuses on skills, education, and character traits, rather than experience.
If none of these work for you, and you dream of adopting a more creative approach that makes a difference, the combination (or hybrid) resume format is exactly what you’re looking for. It allows you to focus on both your experience and your skills, making it a ‘best of both worlds’ format. It’s also suitable for those who want to spice things up by adding different creative sections (e.g. ‘life philosophy’ or ‘what my day looks like’).
Here are some more things worth remembering when it comes to formatting your VP Digital Marketing resume:
- Choose standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for traditional resume fonts sized 10-12p;
- Match the length of your VP Digital Marketing resume with your experience – choose a one-page template if you have less than 10 years of experience, and be careful with two-page templates – use them only when applying for executive positions;
- Save your resume in PDF to avoid formatting issues and potential unauthorized editing.
Tired of getting rejected? Check out this article on how to craft a resume that stands out!