Is your finance consultant resume specific enough to land you an interview at the company of your dreams?
To answer that, you first need to know what recruiters look for in your resume.
Updating your resume by including the information below will hugely impact your chances of getting hired.
How to write your Financial Consultant resume experience section
Financial ConsultantEurolife BulgariaInsurance Company
Many professional trainings in Bulgaria and abroad.
Useful knowledge about insurance opportunities, saving and family
Working with international companies with years of valuable
experience and practice in financial services.
Financial ConsultantAXAFinancial Services
To investigate the needs of clients. Considering their expenditure and analyse how their asset could be allocated to maintain the quality of life. Make up combinations of products which are best fit for every clients, or even their family, to ensure they have a consummate indemnity.
Marketed and sold financial planning services and investment products to individuals and families in the Northern Virginia area.
Managed various R&D teams of specialists and achieved successful results for our clients' high value investments.
Financial ConsultantMerrill LynchGVA offers project management and business consulting services to medium sized construction companies in CIS.
Interviewed prospective clients to learn about their financial
needs and coverage.
Promote to the company’s services to potential customers in
personal, telephone and in Mailing.
FAST facilitates efficiency, transparency, and stability in financial markets for sustainable SMEs. My work was based in the use of tools, services and project models to help our partners implement their SME finance goals.
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a financial consultant resume
- Academic and professional education - Before you apply for a financial consultant's job, you must have a degree. The most related fields are finance, math, business, or economics.
- Job certifications - Improving your professional standing requires you to claim specific financial certifications. That will help you stand out from other financial consultants.
- Professional licenses - Licenses are a must-have for financial consultants. Recruiters want someone who can sell additional products and expand the company's horizons.
- Business and sales skills - Interpersonal skills are the basis on which you'll thrive in the job. Most of your work is done through direct interactions to advise and convince — whether it's new clients or businesses looking for the best solutions.
- Work experience - It's rarely the case that a financial consultant is hired straight out of college. Recruiters look for qualified applicants with years of experience — even if you've worked in other related fields such as accounting and investing.
PRO TIPThere are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a financial consultant. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.