Strong persuasion skills are incredibly important in today's business world. Persuasive people can help change attitudes, beliefs, buying habits, or behaviors of customers. So it's clear why employers highly value these skills. Persuasive people can help increase sales, donations, and funding for businesses and organizations.
See examples of how Persuasion is used in resumes:
English TutorTeqto Ltd.
Generated more than £200k in annual revenue
In 3 years time with me leading all change, company increased revenues by 350% ↥ and avoided bankruptcy
Achieved over 8,000 sales in total / Avg. Profit Margin 255% ↥
Established a team of 3 to manage all store business activity
Established a team of 2 to take care of customer service+social media, order handling and other business related work
Started my career at the age of 16 in the family business with a complex and unrefined business model
Managed 700+ sales orders & 350+ sales return requests per month from all areas covered by MCI
These Persuasion skills are always in high demand:
- Examples of sales pitches you've given to potential buyers
- Strong storytelling ability. People who are persuasive know how to connect with their audience.
- Understand the art of motivation. Persuasion and motivation go hand-in-hand. To persuade people, you need to know what motivates them.
- List real-life examples of the outcome of persuasive marketing campaigns, copywriting, sales calls, etc.
- Ability to establish credibility. Trust and confidence are at the core of persuasion. Without it, you can't expect to influence anyone.
What jobs require Persuasion skills:
- English Tutor
- Responsable Régional
- Retail Assistant
- Co-founder/ Coo, Acting Chief Sales Engineering, & Business Development.
- Front-end Developer
- Account Manager
- Regional Presales & Delivery Lead (france, Benelux)
- Business Development Executive - Wizz Magazine
Read our article on how to add language skills on resume for additional tips and tricks.
Persuasion skills courses and certificates:
Here are the top related skills to Persuasion:
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
Persuasion popularity over time:
Courtesy of Google Trends
For a deeper look into what’s the best resume format for you based on experience, check out our guides:
About this report:
Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com.
While those skills are most commonly met on resumes, you should only use them as inspiration and customize your resume for the given job.