Crafting a great director of finance resume is a crucial step in the job application process. It makes the difference between an applicant with many job offers and other unemployed candidates.
Part of making your resume is seeing things from the recruiter’s perspective.
We’ve made a list of the most important qualities hiring managers look for in any resume.
Make sure your resume is error-free with our resume spelling check guide.
How to write your Director Of Finance resume experience section
Director Of FinanceViva VocePublic speaking organization Director Of FinanceCharter CommunicationsIndustry leader in providing television, internet and phone to locations across America Director Of FinanceFandangoProprietary Education
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a director of finance resume
- Strategic planning and accounting expertise - This is the basis of your day to day operations when filling this role.
- Leadership and management skills - Successful directors of finance manifest outstanding leadership skills while working in groups. That allows them to thrive in their jobs and easily make critical decisions.
- Relevant higher education - The director of finance position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting for most job applications.
- Financial analysis and budget development - A big part of your job as a director of finance is about predicting economic trends and establishing new targets to help the company achieve its financial goals.
- Knowledge of financial laws and guidelines - Abiding by the rules is a top priority for professional companies today. That’s why recruiters look for directors of finance who are knowledgeable of financial laws and guidelines depending on the location of the business.
PRO TIPNo matter what your work experience is like, we recommend making your resume in a reverse-chronological format. It works best for you for many reasons. It allows you to fit your work history, skills, and achievements on the same page. And you wouldn't have to sacrifice any crucial information that might get you the job.