According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Top Executives positions are at a 8% growth rate, which is as fast as average. With that said, there are currently 2,704,400 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 209,500 to 2,913,900 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Top Executives jobs was $107,680 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $45,850, and the highest 10% more than $208,000.
Our conclusion? The Top Executives job market is wide open for candidates.
Top account director sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
What to include in your account director resume experience section
Account director resume experience section checklist:
- Use at least 3 and no more than 7 bullet points per position;
- Make your experience sound relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Combine responsibilities, results, and critical situations that you’ve handled well;
- Show that you’re willing to take up on challenges;
- Include numbers in any form you like.
Looking for some real experience section examples? We’ve gathered the best Account Director resume samples to help you. Check them out before building your own resume!
- Took over management of key accounts including Unicef, American Petroleum Institute, and eBay
- Produced high stakes websites and campaigns
- Worked closely with creative team and search engine marketing team
- Brought in MANE and external partners that helped catapult the agency forward
- Supported VP of New Business and sales-oriented President heavily; was on all key sales calls and helped closed multiple accounts
- Senior contact for client accounts
- Managing client service and agency performance
- Analysing campaign outcomes and interpreting data
- Presenting findings to the board, clients and key stakeholders
- Nurturing talent
- Developing a wide network and nurturing key contacts
- Paid social - targeting, scheduling, optimising and reporting
- Social Media Management
- Event organisation
- Hired & developed a team of 5 leading various training programs to ensure staff retention
- Leadership of Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico Account Services team managing marketing strategies for 35 dealerships
- Manage production/advertising sales worth over $1.5 million monthly
- Developed website best practices based on deep data analysis
- Changed internal sales and production processes increasing staff efficiency by 50%
- Ability to read OEM data and create marketing and process strategies to gain market share
- Strategic guidance for Senior Vice Presidents and regions
- Work to educate and get buy in at the senior executive level for all digital projects
- Created a training program to educated General Managers and General Sales Managers how to implement a better customer experience through their digital marketing, website and CRM
- Mentored team of Digital Marketing Managers through weekly calls, monthly trainings and projects
- Provide ongoing strategic counsel to clients
- Oversee the development of creative communication strategies
- Incorporate digital and social strategies into communications programmes to support client objectives
- Build and deepen relationships with key media and influencers to maximize client exposure
- Develop new business proposals and participate in presentations with wider team
- Coach, mentor and train junior team members
- Leading Coca-Cola Zero Sugar (Staffing, Operations & Logistics) for nationwide tour with over 4000 individual events over 2 consecutive years
- Retaining and growing agency clients to land and expand across other verticals
- Developing creative concepts, pitching and implementation for briefs
- Stakeholder management and reporting
- Internal team recruitment, training and development
- Leading new business meetings with prospective clients and developing agency credentials
- Accountable for the communication strategy of Park Hyatt, Andaz, Hilton, Warldorf Astoria, Okko Hotels, Constance Hotels, Kure Bazaar, Crème de la mer - 1.6 M$
- Responsible for the management of the client’s to ensure the smooth production of campaigns, including :
- Taking the lead in clients’ marketing and advertising strategies
- Developing and implementing communication plans and programs
- Conducting extensive media relations efforts to secure coverage
- Aquired clients such as Furniturebox and Motormannen.
- Responsible for project deliveries on time and budget
- Working using Scrum methodology.
- Managing a team of 3-4 developers as well as external partners on a daily basis during projects.
- Promoted annually since joining the business due to the achievement of 140% FY19 and 125% FY20, embracing new responsibility year on year
- Recipient of annual 'Star' award for individual performance FY19
- Recipient of ThankQ award for contribution to the business from MD FY20
- Hunter of new business/net new revenue and working with existing accounts - full sales-cycle management from prospecting, (to demo), to close
- Achieved highest revenue growth business unit - 76% FY19 to FY20
- Selected and onboarded x 3 strategic partners - new revenue stream
- Defined my own learning pathway; completing APMP and APM qualifications to better understand the target industry
- Developed, won budget for and hosted numerous industry events
- Handling key accounts with an annual revenue target of US $ 6mn+
- Business development by spotting & pursuing new opportunities
- Successfully lead FLEXCUBE Project Implementations across different geographies
- Work directly with Levi’s® Ecommerce, Marketing and its retailers to maintain/increase Levi’s presence in a wholesale environment
- Oversee ad campaigns, in-store experience, social media efforts, industry research, omnichannel growth strategy and goal set with wholesale partners
- Manage team of account managers, designer and creative director to ensure brand cohesion and meet goals
- Identification of new business complementing the strategic direction of the company. We worked with R&D to determine trends and attributes of service that meet customer satisfaction by making strategic partnerships and union with 85 visual creative talents on Instagram for visual content production to monetize creativity worldwide. Duties include negotiation and contract compelling of influencers for exclusivity.
- Media planning and budget distribution.
- Proposals Development and Design of Strategies to achieve the KPI's of each brand campaign. Duties include planning production for each project and follow-up of creative process (brief, concept, design, production and content delivery).
- Design of Visual Content Initiative Plan to achieve value with diverse marketing strategies including its purpose, budget constraints, timelines, workflow, roles and key metrics. All projects include delivery of written reports for clients.
- Managing a portfolio of accounts; maintaining and building relationships with existing clients such as Netflix, Hyundai, Huawei, Bushmills, Starbucks, Nike, Adidas, among others.
- Generating and presenting financial forecasts and financial reports to the company’s strategic partner. Research and managing of financial incentives including investments and credits.
- Administration and distribution of budgets and resources.
- Strategic lead on $25 - $35M annual book of business, working with agency & brand-direct partners to grow revenue across ConnectedTV (OTT), Social (Facebook, Instagram, Snap) and Display (Programmatic) advertising
- Directly manage team of Customer Success Managers, responsible for their quota attainment, goal setting, and overall growth & performance
- Build and maintain sales pipeline for direct reports, helping to consistently hit individual and team revenue targets
- Notable clients include: Lands' End, Lumber Liquidators, Overstock, The Travel Corporation
- Managed and delivered mobile solutions for Virgin, Vodafone, London Heathrow Airport, O2, Yellow Pages, Telenor, Glaxo Smith Kline, H&M, DWP, Ubamarket, Call credit and many more
- Managed teams of 10-30 people per project
- Managed budgets around £50k-£100k per month
- Management of numerous large ATL campaigns for McDonald's to drive awareness of new products
- Campaigns included management of all strategy, finance, client and media relationships and production of ATL, Social and Digital elements
- Working on new business pitches including helping to conduct and analyse research to draw key creative insights from
- Key-account management: Daikin, RailTel, Shriram Axiall, Jumbo Electronics, Triveni Group, DPSI Gurgaon, Sangam Direct, The Chopras, TDI Developers
- Managed a team of 3 people to provide the utmost level of client satisfaction
- Termed as the most profitable business unit. 22% month on month revenue growth
- Managed revenue of $8.5 Lac for the agency
- Launched video production unit and successfully delivered 4 ad-films in 3 months
- Responsible for the management of longterm partnerships. My main clients include Guinness, Rockshore, Carlsberg, Captain Morgan, Paddy Power Betfair, AIB, Eir Sport and Mondelz.
- New business identification, new business pitching and consultive sales.
- Managing and guiding Key Account Managers, Key Account Executives and Interns.
- Delivering reoccurring revenue,
- Team process development
- Responsible for sales of entire CA DevOps & security software product portfolio to enterprise customers in North region. The products included - DevOps : IT infrastructure monitoring like UIM, Spectrum, APM, Service Virtualization, - Security : Identity & Access Management, Privilege Access Management, Single Sign on, Veracode - Service Management, API Management & Automation
- Aligned with Security BU sales April 2018 onward
- Closed order for IDAM, PAM & SSO for Nepal telecom Provider
- Left CA Technologies, as it was acquired by Broadcom, and India sales & pre-sales team was not transitioned to Broadcom
- Responsible for sales of CA Security solutions for Enterprise & Government customers.
- Coordinate with internal resources including pre-sales, professional services and product expert group to actively manage customer requirements.
- Role includes sales opportunity generation, qualification and development for CA Identity and Access management solutions with value added proposals to customer.
- Work closely with security partners that include large System Integrators (like Wipro, TechM, Sify, TCS, etc) and consultants on the IAM requirements.
- Good understanding and knowledge in primary IAM domains - Identity Management, Identity Governance, Single Sign-on, Multi-Factor Authentication, Risk Authentication & Privileged Access Management.
- Responsible for sales of entire CA portfolio to Enterprise customers in North for initial 3 months of joining. The products included DevOps, Agile Ops, Service Management, Continuous Delivery, Automation, API Management and Security products.
- Closed order for IDAM, PAM & SSO for largest Telecom Provider of Nepal.
- Responsible for sales of CA Security solutions for Enterprise & Government customers in North region
- The CA security solution portfolio includes Identity Management, Identity Governance, Single Sign-on, Multi-Factor Authentication, Risk Authentication , Privileged Access Management and Veracode
- Coordinated with presales, professional services and product expert group to actively manage customer requirements
- Role included sales opportunity generation, qualification, development and closure for CA security solutions
- Worked closely with security partners including large Systems Integrator (Wipro, TechM, TCS, Sify), VARs (Locuz, Ivalue) and consultants on the IAM requirements
- Good understanding of entire CA DevSecOps product portfolio that includes API management, IT Infrastructure monitoring tools, APM, Automation, Service virtualization, service management & security products
- Closed order for IDAM, PAM & SSO for largest private telecom provider of Nepal
- Reason for Leaving : CA Technologies was acquired by Broadcom and the India sales team was not transitioned to Broadcom
In writing your Account Director resume, you will no doubt want to list your previous duties - as you should. But steer clear of just listing your duties, instead of your achievements. Make your resume stand out by communicating what you have done, and not merely what the job needed you to do.
Action verbs for your account director resume
Top account director skills for your resume
Account director resume skills section checklist:
- Match your hard skills to the job description;
- Add keywords to pass applicant tracking systems;
- Don’t list soft skills such as ’teamwork’ – rather, mention how they’ve helped you gain success in some other sections of your Account Director resume;
- List only skills you actually have, keep lying out of the picture.
Top skills for your account director resume
Point of Sales Systems
Consistency and Reliability
Empathy and sensitivity
Mentoring and coaching
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
Account director resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your account director resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Account Director resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
Craft a strong account director resume summary
account director resume summary checklist:
- Your total years of experience
- The industry you’re coming from
- One or two most remarkable accomplishments that have helped you - turn into a great professional
- Short sentences that add value – avoid filler words and phrases
Resume summary formula:
When writing a resume summary or objective, avoid first-person narrative.
Highlight your education, certifications, and courses
What to include in your education and courses sections.":
- Your highest education degree – this includes institution, course, and duration
- Certifications and courses that have helped you gain additional expertise
- Awards you’ve received as part of your education
- Entry-level positions only: relevant classes and projects
Top Certifications for your Account Director Resume
Basics of Indian Companies Act 2013 for CA/CMA/CS/MBA
A Course on Introductory Part of Indian Companies Act 2013
Account Management for Beginners
Practice Partner Relationship Management and Communication Strategies with Real World Scenarios
Key Account Management Program (KAM)
This program is teaching, how to sell to major accounts. You can develop Key Account Program if you get this course
Accounting & Financial Statement Analysis: Complete Training
Accounting & Financial Ratio Analysis made easy. Learn important accounting skills that will get your foot in the door!
Become a master of client and account management
Learn how to effectively manage, retain and grow clients
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
Drafting a Job-winning Account Director Resume
When drafting your resume, you can choose between three well-known formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which format you decide to go for depends on two things: your personal preference and how experienced you are.
The reverse-chronological format is ideal for both really experienced people and those who joined the workforce just a couple of years ago. It’s also great if your experience combines different industries and jobs. Here, your most recent position comes at the top of your resume.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is ideal for recent graduates or people who have no work experience whatsoever. It’s built around your skills, interests, and expertise. Ultimately, its goal is to show recruiters your biggest strengths and practical skills.
Combination resumes (also known as hybrid resumes) are great for all types of candidates – be they graduates, experienced professionals, or brave career changers. They usually follow a double-column format – one side focuses on your experience, while the other emphasizes your education, skills, interests, and accomplishments.
Here’s our resume format and style checklist:
- Choose a traditional resume font sized 12p;
- Go for standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Match the length of your Account Director resume with your experience – choose a one-page template if you have less than 10 years of experience, and be careful with two-page templates;
- Send your resume in PDF – in this way, you’ll avoid formatting issues and potential editing from third parties.
And in case you want to go the extra mile, check out our guide for crafting a resume that stands out.
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
Other sections worth including in your Account Director resume
Including other sections in your resume depends on the company, the position, and, ultimately, the industry. Here are some sections that will help you spice things up:
An account director resume that stands out
Recruiters look at tens of resumes every day. That’s why helping them remember yours is crucial for landing an interview.
A creative resume can help you show off both your personality and your expertise at the same time.
Creative sections about passions, favorite books, quotes, and even your daily routine are a great way to make your resume feel like a breath of fresh air.
What’s more, it will also point recruiters to the fact that you’re attentive to detail and can think outside the box of Word-generated black and white resumes.
What makes a great account director resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.