According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Top Executives positions are at a 8% growth rate, which is as fast as average. With that said, there are currently 2,704,400 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 209,500 to 2,913,900 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Top Executives jobs was $107,680 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $45,850, and the highest 10% more than $208,000.
Our conclusion? The Top Executives job market is wide open for candidates.
Top director sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
What to include in your director resume experience section
Director resume experience section checklist:
- Use at least 3 and no more than 7 bullet points per position;
- Make your experience sound relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Combine responsibilities, results, and critical situations that you’ve handled well;
- Show that you’re willing to take up on challenges;
- Include numbers in any form you like.
Looking for some real experience section examples? We’ve gathered the best Director resume samples to help you. Check them out before building your own resume!
- include managing administrative staff
- guiding operating methods
- disbursing funds to departments,monitoring budgets
- overseeing human resources requirements
- analyzing financial data, and developing operating
- Closed $1.5 billion integrated distribution agreement with Dignity Health
- Managed $260 million corporate relationship with Kaiser Permanente
- Grew Divisional National Accounts Program from $105 million to $171 million; received Lifetime Achievement Award
- Establecimiento y madurez de la dirección de empaques desde el 2013, a través del mejoramiento continuo de procesos, establecimiento de roles y de equipo, generando valor para la compañía.
- Liderazgo de un equipo de trabajo, responsable de los proyectos de productos tácticos de la compañía, logrando a través de la calidad y el speed to market entregar alrededor de 1000 SKU´S/año.
- Participante activo en alrededor de 100 proyectos estratégicos para las marcas y los procesos de manufactura.
- Direccionamiento en el desarrollo de empaques y upgrades en los países de la región.
- Gestión transversal de conceptos y proyectos de las unidades de negocio y los procesos de manufactura.
- Desarrollo de procesos a través de plataformas tecnológicas.
- Gestión de eficiencias de empaques como meta de sostenibilidad.
- Twice named Regional Manager of the year before being promoted to Sales Director.
- Developed, trained, motivated and led a team of 5 Regional Managers and 50 Sales Representatives to three consecutive years of record sales and record profits.
- Surpassed 2019 North American sales target by 3% while increasing margin percentage by 4%.
- Personally negotiated and improved sales agreement terms, margins and relationships with the nations top 2 national buying groups and 3 largest independent distributors.
- Negotiated and closed new truck equipment specification programs with high visibility national trucking fleets such as Yellow Freight and U.P.S.
- Successfully Implemented data based customer tracking programs designed to increase new and current business development.
- Improved parts logistics by setting up 2 additional PDCs (from 1 to 3)
- Closed Revenue USD 22M in Professional Services and USD 10M in Licenses
- Won new large opportunities and secured business with OEMs and Distribution (22 people, $130M).
- Achieved 14% growth in specifiation sales to Architects and EndUsers
- Managed and led two Sales Managers to their top awards as 2nd and 3rd top Sales Managers in Vismin.
- Signed 3 year frame contract worth approximately €150M.
- Opened 3 new markets in 2017 (Myanmar, Mongolia and Hong Kong).
- We handled about 200 customers
- Appointed member of Avanade Global Sales Advisory Panel in 2002
- Developed robust pipeline (>$3.2MM) within 90-days upon arrival.
- Increased Merchandise sales by 800% in 3 years
- Closed 80+ customers and enroll 40 VARs and 6 VADs
- Led the acquisition of FieldLocate and increased account base by 300%
- FY '14: 118% FY '15: 129% FY '16: 95%
- Key wins: Delta Airlines, StubHub, Crunchbase, Crate and BarrelQuota: 1.8M
- Initiating new ideas to drive business and ensuring sustained growth, focused on achieving /surpassing sales targets month on month; expanding the business reach and created new sales / leads opportunities
- Working on suitable Marketing media plan, in coordination with the marketing team and external agencies which Conceptualized and executed innovative promotions to enhance brand visibility
- Developing new Sales & marketing strategy and road-map for the organization’s network expansion; which led to an increase in business and being Awarded for the same.
- Working as an effective leader with excellent communication, Slashed Payroll/Benefits administration costs 30% by negotiating pricing and fees, while ensuring the contribution and enhancement of services.
- Achieving successful sales & marketing techniques/strategies/tactics using customer and market feedback
- Selecting candidates through interview for the post of A.S.M./S.M./Sr. S.M. and handling the same on branch level.
- Responsible to handle the team of 6-8 Managers on branch level. Executed with proficiency the entire sales process from sales planning to execution
- Acquainted with natural flair of handling field Sales Teams. Ensure product training /knowledge and other requirements of the sales team.
- Keeping daily watch on MIS Report to find out the difference between actual business figures and targeted business.
- Designed and launched a Clinical Research Database System within the first 90 days,
- Initiated and co-wrote “I am a Researcher,” the first national guide booklet published to promote research culture in 2019,
- Co-wrote KAMC Research Lab Feasibility Study in 2020 as a member of the Research Lab Project Committee,
- Directing five-year re-accreditation plan for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP) from 2019-2024,
- Reducing the negotiation timeline of clinical trial agreements and budgets with a median of 70 days,
- Performing quality assurance and research audits for about 20 critical research projects annually to reduce misconduct and ensure 90% compliance,
- Proactive training of Makkah Health Cluster Hospitals Staff to participate in Ministry of Health initiative of the International Phase-III COVID-19 Vaccine Trial,
- Proposing KAMC clinical research and co-proposing KAMC IRB scope expansion plan to serve Makkah Cluster Hospitals, and
- Supervising the Winner of the Hajj Health Innovation Accelerator during 2021 in the research publication track, the innovation project is Smart Shoes.
- Prepare and present powerful, persuasive sales presentations that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of Salut United solutions.
- Collaborated across Development, Marketing, Services, and Salut growth teams, developing an internal services road-map with clear priorities for the implementation of new projects and solutions
- Establish projects success measures and KPIs.
- Prepare and give business reviews and presentations to the management board on a monthly basis.
- National Head of the Office of Examinations for the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), overseeing all Regional Examination Offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, and Washington D.C., comprised of Regional Examination Directors, Supervisory Examiners, Regional Examiners, Attorneys, and 3 contracting Examination firms performing regulatory and legal examinations across over 300+ SBA Registered Investment Companies
- Board member serving on the Investment Board of Directors, Licensing Board of Directors, Data Governance Board, and Responsible Investing Board for the SBA
- Increased YoY Nationwide Exam output by 33% for FY 20, and 30% for FY21, while decreasing fraudulent activity by 22% and maintaining 100% Statutory and Credit Compliance (SBA Agency Record)
- Strategically restructured team efforts within the Office to clear a 3-year-old revolving backlog of 50+ Examination reviews within just 3 months
- Directed the build of new technology for the Office of Examinations, which now allows our staff to share real-time, critical documentation and exam updates with other members of the Office of Examinations, as well as with other inter-agency Divisions, such as the Office of Operations
- Completed a much-needed multi-year revision of the Office of Examinations decade-old Standard of Procedures and other associated risk frameworks to ensure consistency between the Agency's procedural language and current regulatory financial practices
- Regularly interpreting and applying complex securities laws across all cases involving SBA registered investment companies while identifying legal issues, providing legal analyses/solutions, and preparing/reviewing legal documents on behalf of the SBA
- Analyze complex legal and factual issues by conducting significant investigations relating to violations of various securities laws and provide evidentiary backing during meetings with investment company counsel to support regulatory violations or examinations findings and determine measurement to be taken for the investment company's compliance
- Assess market risk and employ strategies to align and prepare the Office of Examinations for changing trends related to federal securities laws (Securities Acts, Investment Company/Advisor Act, SBIA Act) and their impact on SBA Registered Investment Companies
- Frequently represent the SBA in a public focused role by presenting on public platforms and speaking engagements hosted by top firms in the financial industry, usually serving as a panelist providing regulatory guidance around existing and emerging regulatory policies and federal securities laws to Chief Officers and Board members of our 300+ SBA Registered Investment Companies while managing relationships with fellow U. S. Agency regulators in Treasury, SEC, & FDIC
- Working closely with the Associate Administrator and various political appointees across the Agency to develop recommendations regarding securities laws as they relate to the SBA's Investment Companies
- Efficiently handle a wide range of time-sensitive ad hoc tasks and deliverables as deemed necessary by the Administration and Congress, in addition to standard supervisory duties across our Office, including employee evaluations, promotions, interoffice issues, divisional dispute memorandums, and leadership mentoring
- Tracked daily progress of the filming production schedule
- Prepared daily call sheets
- Checked cast & crew and maintained order on set
- Part of the snr leadership team driving business change and transformation across the council
- Responsible for delivering the regeneration programme for Aylesbury town centre and other capital projects
- Chair of the member and officer Major Capital Projects Groups
- Chair of the Aylesbury Town Centre Plan Steering Group
- Member of the Aylesbury Garden Town Board
- Sponsor of the Aylesbury Town Centre Partnership
- Director of Aylesbury Vale Estates LLP and Aylesbury Vale Broadband
- Chair of the Capital Projects unitary sub workstream and a member of the Property &Assets and Economy and Regeneration workstreamsDuty Director as part of
- a rota
- Led the implementation of a listing system for the rental property division in the NYC branch
- Training current & new agents in the rental and sales markets
- Conducting mid-large scale transactions & assisting in the growth of the William Raveis Real Estate brand in NYC
- Participating & Sponsoring various NYC Luxury events in collaboration with other companies related to the luxury markets
- Developed partnerships with large companies to cross market product and real estate services
- Achieved 135,000 ticket sales per month, peaked at 200,000 in Dec 15
- Lowered Lead Cost 74% of weeks in 2016 Y-O-Y
- Created new digital ad plan which increased online engagement by a factor of 10, while reducing costs by 20%
- Awarded ‘Business Website of the Year’ at the 2014 Good Web Guide Awards
- Facilitated the recruitment, training and management of a team of 7 PPC specialists
- Took charge of the PPC strategy for all clients
- Assisted the sales team to grow revenue with new and existing clients
- Met and exceeded sales and efficiency goals by 10% my first year as Store Director
- Developed a product processing program system that expedited merchandising by an average of 3 days
- Analyzed sales data, including profit and loss statements, to compose a store budget to cut costs by 22%
- Planned and implemented all seasonal floor sets to ensure they met company standards and deadlines
- Recruited, hired, and trained 40+ associates, developing them
- Exceeded annual sales and efficiency goals by 10%+ in 2004, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Responsible for overall operation of store, P&L, control of cash, inventory and security, customer service and management of team.
- Negotiated operational issues with suppliers and initiate actions to improve performance
- Leaded and managed teams of up to 150 team members. Coached, forecasted and monitored labor to be consistent with store sales and budgets. Created/implemented action plan to reduce cost control issues by 10%
- Performed basic project management assigned, i.e. successfully managed a 9 month remodel in 6 months
- Identified and monitored risks, opportunities in all cross-functional departments.
- Ensured compliance with legal requirements and company policies, procedures, including check cashing, security, safety sanitation, wage and hour.
- Oversaw and managed handling of cash and accounting. Ensured security of store during non-business hours
Don't make the same mistake everyone else does. What we mean is, don't list your Director job responsibilities instead of your achievements. Recruiters know what you do. They want to know what kind of difference you can bring to their company. Focus on what you've accomplished.
Action verbs for your director resume
Top director skills for your resume
Director resume skills section checklist:
- Match your hard skills to the job description;
- Add keywords to pass applicant tracking systems;
- Don’t list soft skills such as ’teamwork’ – rather, mention how they’ve helped you gain success in some other sections of your Director resume;
- List only skills you actually have, keep lying out of the picture.
Top skills for your director resume
Point of Sales Systems
Consistency and Reliability
Empathy and sensitivity
Mentoring and coaching
When describing your experience, don’t go too far from its terminology. Recruiters use ATS systems to filter resumes based on them having certain keywords, so make sure you use at least a few keywords mentioned in the job description.
Director resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your director resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Include a link to your portfolio in your Director resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
Craft a strong director resume summary
Director resume summary checklist:
- Your total years of experience
- The industry you’re coming from
- One or two most remarkable accomplishments that have helped you - turn into a great professional
- Short sentences that add value – avoid filler words and phrases
Resume summary formula:
Highlight specific past projects that you’re most proud of in your summary. It sets an excellent tone for the rest of your resume. You can talk about all of your former jobs in your work experience section later on.
Highlight your education, certifications, and courses
What to include in your education and courses sections.
- Your highest education degree – this includes institution, course, and duration
- Certifications and courses that have helped you gain additional expertise
- Awards you’ve received as part of your education
- Entry-level positions only: relevant classes and projects
Top certifications for your director resume
Hollywood Film School: Filmmaking & TV Directing Masterclass
Learn How to Be a Working Hollywood Director, Take Your Filmmaking, Film School & Video Production to the Next Level.
Casting Director: All about Casting Directors and being Cast
Learn to Cast or be Cast for television and film productions. Understanding the process is the only to become a pro.
The Assistant Director in filmmaking - Basic level
Basic requirements for the job of an AD in a movie project across Scripting,Pre-production,Production & Post-Production
Become a Film or TV Casting Director
Become a Film or TV Casting Director - Working Closely with the Director, the actors and their agents.
The essence of Producing and Directing
Discover the foundations required to become a great Producer and Director in Film, TV or Commercial Story Telling
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Director. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
Drafting a Job-winning Director Resume
When drafting your resume, you can choose between three well-known formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which format you decide to go for depends on two things: your personal preference and how experienced you are.
The reverse-chronological format is ideal for both really experienced people and those who joined the workforce just a couple of years ago. It’s also great if your experience combines different industries and jobs. Here, your most recent position comes at the top of your resume.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is ideal for recent graduates or people who have no work experience whatsoever. It’s built around your skills, interests, and expertise. Ultimately, its goal is to show recruiters your biggest strengths and practical skills.
Combination resumes (also known as hybrid resumes) are great for all types of candidates – be they graduates, experienced professionals, or brave career changers. They usually follow a double-column format – one side focuses on your experience, while the other emphasizes your education, skills, interests, and accomplishments.
Here’s our resume format and style checklist:
- Choose a traditional resume font sized 12p;
- Go for standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Match the length of your Director resume with your experience – choose a one-page template if you have less than 10 years of experience, and be careful with two-page templates;
- Send your resume in PDF – in this way, you’ll avoid formatting issues and potential editing from third parties.
And in case you want to go the extra mile, check out our guide for crafting a resume that stands out.
Sometimes you’ll want to go after a job which requires more experience than you have. Instead of using a typical Director resume layout, you can use a creative layout. Getting noticed is the most important challenge and a creative resume layout might help you get invited for an interview as most of other accountants have boring resume designs.
Other sections worth including in your Director resume
Including other sections in your resume depends on the company, the position, and, ultimately, the industry. Here are some sections that will help you spice things up:
A director resume that stands out
Recruiters look at tens of resumes every day. That’s why helping them remember yours is crucial for landing an interview.
A creative resume can help you show off both your personality and your expertise at the same time.
Creative sections about passions, favorite books, quotes, and even your daily routine are a great way to make your resume feel like a breath of fresh air.
What’s more, it will also point recruiters to the fact that you’re attentive to detail and can think outside the box of Word-generated black and white resumes.
What makes a great director resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.