You’re ready to take the next big step in your career.
As a sales aficionado, you know how to sell the vision of a product or service to a customer.
It’s time to find a new role where you can do just that, but first, you need to sell the vision of yourself to the hiring manager.
How can you do that?
With a stand-out Vice President of Sales resume that puts you straight through to the interview stage.
This guide will walk you through how to write a resume that sets you apart from other candidates.
Let’s jump into it.
This VP of Sales Resume Guide Will Teach You:
- 6+ examples of job-winning vice president of sales resumes
- How to use real-life data to support your career highlights
- Ways to personalize your resume to impress the recruiter
- 23 industry and soft skills to prove your competency
VP of Sales Resume Samples
Looking for related resumes?
How to Write an Impressive VP of Sales Resume
You are one of the top heroes of an organization.
Being in charge of revenue, market penetration, profit margins and managing the rest of the sales team is no easy feat.
Hiring managers want to see that you can handle all this and more.
They only spend an average ofsix seconds scanning your resume before deciding if they want to read more.
Those six seconds will be the difference between whether or not you land an interview.
But don’t worry!
If you craft a resume that is easy to scan and shows off your impressive abilities, you will make it past the six-second test.
A job-winning VP of Sales resume will show:
- A proven track record in sales
- Leadership skills
- Passion for role in particular
Highlight your sales track record in your summary and work experience section.
Show off your leadership skills by describing the positive impact you made for your team.
And most importantly, personalize every section of the resume for the job you want.
The Most Important Sections of a VP of Sales Resume:
- Resume header that grabs the hiring manager’s attention
- Resume summary that sell them on why you’re the right candidate
- Work experience that proves past success in your roles
- Industry skills and soft skills that show you have what it takes
What Is The Best Layout For Your Resume?
So, we just discussed how hiring managers spend an average of six seconds scanning your resume.
Choosing the right resume format is how you can make the most of those precious few seconds.
Thereverse chronological resume format is the best option for senior resumes, like vice president of sales.
They emphasize your work experience, which is the most important component for VP of Sales resumes.
Here are some more pointers to consider when formatting your resume:
- Use lots of white space and short paragraphs
- Organize your resume into sections with subheadings
- Use a mobile-friendly font size - 11pt or higher
- Save your resume as a PDF
For more information on the best resume format options, read our guide:The Best Re