Top regional sales manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
How to craft the perfect regional sales manager resume experience section
Perfecting the experience section: regional sales manager resume checklist:
- Be careful with bullet points: use no more than 4-6 per position;
- Mention only positions that are relevant to the job you’re applying for;
- List your experience in chronological or reverse-chronological order;
- Highlight your results by using numbers – e.g. percentage increase/decrease in an important metric that’s followed by - your hard work;
- Use action words whenever possible… but more on that below.
Need examples? We looked through thousands of Regional Sales Manager resumes and gathered some examples of what the ideal experience section looks like. Check them out below!
- Achieved Q3 2009 120% of sales quota, by strengthening product mix and supporting existing Independent Sales Agents (ISA) and Independent Sales Organization (ISO) base
- Identified strategic new business opportunities, marketing plans, business plans, sales strategies for identified targets of opportunity
- Negotiated contracts, business terms including non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, and confidentiality. Consulted with FDMS counsel and senior management as appropriate
- Built strong relationships with existing FDMS Agents and Independent Sales Organizations in order to maximize growth potential by assessing their needs, proposing new products, services and solutions that added value to the overall relationship
- Negotiated new vendor partner contracts to completion contributing up to $168K monthly of new gross sales volume per agreement
- Complete sales function for EU/San Diego based strategic accounts including u-blox in the internet of things & connected module space & TDK/EPCOS for the RF front end, power amplification, envelope tracking and antenna switch module business
- Ownership of the entire weekly and monthly forecast process for 30+ accounts including Nokia/Microsoft, Telit, Gemalto, Peiker, Vestel, Alcatel and others. Defined and resolved forecast process issues, making it repeatable and manageable for regional teams
- EU team lead, superuser & trainer for all major sales tools including SalesForce implementation, Oracle ERP/Demantra, Kinaxis Rapid Response, Business Objects and Qlikview reporting expert
- Subject matter expert in sales processes including overhaul of legal contract workflow, review of software agreements, pricing, quoting, supply chain, operations, new products and finance processes
- Manage the sales team in Sofia & North region. Achieved leadership position in the region in terms of market share;
- Work with distributors to achieve the targets of the Company;
- Responsible for the management and development of the sales team in the region;
- Responsibility of Sales & Marketing at South Region and to identify new customer prospects, evaluate & qualify leads.
- Active business development to penetrate the pharma logistics market with meticulous market research on prospective companies,
- Maintain and grow existing customers business in collaboration with Regional Accounts, GKAMS and Partner Managers.
- Increased annual sales from $4 million annually to $18.5 million annually over a 3 year period.
- Developed several dynamic health insurance products to increase company market share.
- Developed several incentive programs that led to significant increases in sales production.
- Established operations in South - 12 locations
- Set up strong distribution network, established brand through customer & retailer activities.
- Built retailer & contractor initiatives to generate secondary sales demand
- Project management - worked with builders and architects
- Played an important role in product development to extend the portfolio
- Responsible for the launch of the CDN & Security services in the USA
- Closed large CDN deal in China for GoChina TV
- increased US customer base in media sector
- built customer based for the newly introduced security services
- closed large and long term MRR deals with 120% achievement to target
- Overall responsible for Mexico operation (EMS/OEMS).
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Lead and schedule weekly and/or monthly team meetings with sales team (Direct/Rep).
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Track sales team metrics and report data to leadership on a regular basis.
- Management of the Sales Teams (3 Representatives, 1 assistant, 1 telesales)
- Key Account direct management
- Management of the customer portfolio (over 500 BtoB clients, turnover 12millions €)
- First Region in terms of revenue increase in 2008 and 2009 (+9% and +13%)
- Management of the contracts with the Travel Agency Network
- Management of a team of 6 people 4 Sales Rep and 2 Sales assistants Coordination with the operations department
- In charge of the Objectives Management for the Sales Teams 800 customers 16 m€
- Reorganization of the business portfolio for the Sales Team
- Sales Target: $550,000 AR - Sales Achieved: $633,214 AR
- Charged with creating lead source lists from national/regional conferences via lead retrieval devices
- Started as Intern in January 2014, promoted to a Regional Sales Associate in May 2014, promoted to Regional Sales Manager in December 2014
- Hired and trained both internal & external sales reps in the region
- Delivered 14% volume growth vs. previous year
- Delivered 100% numeric distribution in open markets and 90% in groceries and supermarkets.
- Led and won the fight against counterfeit products in the region
- Account management focuses on driving business opportunities in all sites and subsidiaries
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly forecast accuracy, pipeline development and customer satisfaction.
- Strategic account planning extended resource engagement, sales cycle, etc.
- Through business expansion in rural locations, distribution efficiency boost and proper brand/resources prioritization gained the record company market share and in-market sales in the region (against negative market dynamics)
- In 2012 increased sales turnover by 7%, distribution by 15 %, coverage by 20%, OCI by 12%
- Built effective distribution in wholesale channel via successful launch of effective policy supported by incentive programs
- Built up the showroom with various different suppliers and marketing to retrieve more revenue
- Setting goals and coaching of a sales team to meet monthly targets
- Optimized every minor detail to increase productivity and operation
- Oversee 30+ sales people,buyers and customer service representatives
The person reading your Regional Sales Manager resume will be busy, make sure you never waste their time with fluff.
Action verbs for your regional sales manager resume
Impressing recruiters with a top regional sales manager resume skills section
Checklist for an impressive regional sales manager resume skills section:
- List both hard and technical skills that are important for the role;
- Check what the job description says and add some keywords based on that;
- Focus only on relevant skills;
- Try not to list things such as “communication”; rather, highlight your soft skills in other sections of your Regional Sales Manager resume.
Top skills for your regional sales manager resume
Kinaxis Rapid Response
Research / Information Gathering
When describing your experience, don’t go too far from its terminology. Recruiters use ATS systems to filter resumes based on them having certain keywords, so make sure you use at least a few keywords mentioned in the job description.
Regional sales manager resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your regional sales manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Include a link to your portfolio in your Regional Sales Manager resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
Crafting a strong summary for your regional sales manager resume
Checklist: The perfect regional sales manager resume summary section
- Add a couple of keywords from the job description;
- Mention some of your most valuable skills and characteristics;
- Highlight your top achievements (and add numbers!);
- Use no more than 3-5 sentences to guarantee readability and keep - the hiring manager interested.
Resume summary formula:
You’re not going to get hired simply because of a good summary or objective. However, your recruiter can bump you up in front of similarly experienced candidates who didn’t demonstrate such passion and drive.
An impressive education section: regional sales manager resume
Regional sales manager resume: Education section checklist
- Highlight your highest education degree;
- Include the degree subject, year of graduation, and institution name;
- Mention some of the awards you’ve received during your studies;
- List your certifications (incl. the body that’s issued them);
- Entry-level positions: Give preference to courses that are relevant to the position.
Top Certifications for your regional sales manager resume
Sales Management Masterclass For Sales Managers & Management
Complete Guide For Aspiring & Current Sales Managers & Management Team To Create A High Performing Sales Enablement Team
Sales Training: Practical Sales Techniques
Sales Hacking: Essential sales skills, sales strategies and sales techniques to sell just about anything!
Fundamentals of Sales Management for New Sales Managers
The First 90 Days for a Sales Manager
Sales Machine: The Sales Training B2B Master Course
Learn Sales Strategies & Sales Techniques to Sell ANYTHING for Entrepreneurs, Startup, B2B Sales, & Business Development
Sales Skills Training: Consultative Selling Master Class
Sales Training - Professional B2B Selling Skills for Consultants, Entrepreneurs and all Who Bring in the Business!
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Regional Sales Manager. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
The right format for your regional sales manager resume
When it comes to formatting your Regional Sales Manager resume, there are certain things you need to keep in mind. These include your level of expertise, your total years of experience, and the position and company you’re applying for, to name a few.
You can choose between three basic resume formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The reverse-chronological format is just that – all your experience listed in a reverse-chronological way. It’s great for experienced professionals who have been in the industry for many years and have no career gaps.
The functional skills-based resume, on the other hand, focuses on skills, education, and personality traits, rather than experience. This makes it great for graduates, people with less experience, or bigger career gaps. The idea is to show you’re the perfect match without putting too much emphasis on your lack of relevant experience.
If none of these sound suitable, go for a hybrid (or combination) resume. It’s a mix of experience, skills, and personality traits. It’s also considered modern and innovative because of its non-traditional structure and sections. Here, you can add details about what your typical day looks like or what your life philosophy is. In short, the hybrid resume format shows who you are, both as a professional and as an individual.
More tips on perfecting your resume style and layout:
- Choose a traditional 12p font;
- Make sure your resume margins are no bigger than an inch;
- Go for a one-page template. If you have broad experience and can’t fit your resume on one page, choose a two-page resume template
- Save your resume as PDF to avoid formatting issues and unauthorized editing.
Read this: Ways to make your Regional Sales Manager resume stand out
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
More sections worth adding to your regional sales manager resume
If the industry, company, and position you’re applying for allow for that, you could include other sections in your Regional Sales Manager resume. By doing this, you’ll show the recruiter that you’re a real human and not a robot.
Here are some ideas:
The right kind of creativity for your regional sales manager resume
Several years ago, everyone preferred keeping a safe distance from creative resumes. Today, adding creativity to your CV is considered cool, innovative, and one of the best ways to stand out.
You can add a creative section that describes your typical day or even go for a colorful creative template. No matter what you choose, make sure to keep the position, company, and industry in mind. Otherwise, you risk looking silly.
What makes a great regional sales manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.