According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Marketing & Advertising Sales Agents positions are at a 3% growth rate, which is slower than average. With that said, there are currently 115,100 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 3,600 to 118,700 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Marketing & Advertising Sales Agents jobs was $54,940 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $26,700, and the highest 10% more than $124,030.
Our conclusion? The Marketing & Advertising Sales Agents job market is wide open for candidates.
Top advertising sales executive sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a strong Advertising Sales Executive experience section
Advertising sales executive resume experience section: ultimate checklist
- Use no more than 4-6 bullet points per position;
- List relevant positions and situations that add value to your application;
- Describe situations, tasks, actions, and results (the S-T-A-R method);
- Remember to include numbers in whatever form you like (e.g. the number of projects you’ve finished);
- Begin each bullet point with an action verb.
Check out the examples below when building your experience section. They will help you stand out!
- Transferred competencies from the Headquarter
- Implemented the new department in the Italian subsidiary
- Caught the attention of the customers
- Defined a structure to handle the projects in the new location
- Created contacts and negotiated with internal and external players
- Obtained the first orders achieving the goal of the company
- Collaborated with an international team
- Helping make commerce better for high growth, high volume merchants
- Given problems, find solutions; find problems, present solutions
- Working with the outbound sales team with projects ranging from cold calls, internal content creation, project planning, HubSpot, and prospecting
- Revenues: Responsible to plan and achieve the budgeted sales of Handsets, Mobile Accessories, Prepaid, Postpaid, 4G Devices across 130 plus The Mobile Stores in North..
- Sales Management: Planning and achieving of Store
- wise, Category
- wise Targets. Driving 20000 Prepaid, 1100 Postpaid, 50
- 4G Data Card & 35 Crores. Recharge Revenue on annual basis.
- Store Operations: Team size
- 2 DR, 300 promoters with support of 11 Area Operation Managers, 400 plus Store team & Store Managers. Maintaining store productivity Promoter Productivity.
- Execution of Store VM, Launch of new products, Incentive Schemes, Payouts, Training Marketing Inshop Branding etc, Opening New Stores.
- Responsible for revenue of 65 Crores Per Annum, 25000+ New Customer Acquisitions per month through 6 distributors/2700 retailers; Supervising 2 Off
- role Executives & 80+ Distributor Executives. Activations growth by 20% and Tertiary Growth 10% MOM.
- Deliver overall Customer Market Share (CMS) target for the area which is @28.1%.
- Expanded Distribution Network Width & Depth to Improve Delivery to End Customer. Implemented Sales Plans and Local Sales Promotion Schemes for Visibility Campaigns and New Product Launches.
- Directed work of efficient administrative team maintaining accurate sales, inventory and order documentation.
- Collaborated with internal teams to evaluate costs against expected market price points and set structures to achieve profit targets.
- Worked diligently to resolve unique and recurring complaints, promoting loyalty and enhancing operations
- Gave benefit-oriented, polished presentations driving revenue growth across multiple sales channels
- Managed and motivated sales team to increase revenue by 4 Cr. in 1 year
- Captured and completed sales with customer-savvy quotes, proposals and contract management strategies.
- Connected with prospects through multi-pronged approaches, including trade shows, cold calling and local area networking.
- Established ambitious sales targets, managed deployment strategies and developed go-to-market plans to capitalize on every revenue opportunity.
- Monitored customer buying trends, market conditions and competitor actions to adjust strategies and achieve sales goals.
- Implemented new marketing initiatives to drive sales and improve overall performance.
- Streamlined sales processes for team of 08 employees to increase productivity and decrease closing time.
- Monitored sales processes to identify areas in need of improvement and implemented systems to rectify issues
- Provided exceptional customer service to foster client loyalty and satisfaction
- Negotiated contracts and sales terms with new and existing clients.
- Monitored sales team performance and provided constructive feedback.
- Hired, supervised and coached 08 employees on sales strategies to optimize performance.
- Managed accounts to retain existing relationships and grow share of business.
- Request For Proposal: Increased the RFP base for the hotel by 16% through accurate business case presentation to Global Sales Team.
- Wholesale and Inbound Business: Increased the Inbound and Wholesale business through new acquisition and focused contracting.
- Attracted new clientele and developed customer relationships by hosting product-focused events.
- Built relationships with customers and community to establish long-term business growth.
- Departmental Responsibilities: Officiated as Head of Department from June 2015 to December 2015 and actively participated in Rooms Budget finalization and presenting it to Owners.
- Drive Customer Service & Experience: Part of Hotel's Pilot project of aligning Organizations Vision to Customer Service and Experience through effective Empathy interviews and Client Emotional experiences.
- SMART Strategy Implementation: Increased Market Share through implementation of specific strategies and achieved 8% increase in Average Rate and 2% increase in Volume segment.
- Project Stage: Assisted Director of Sales in the below mentioned tasks- Establish Departmental Policies- Marketing and Business Plan- Market Research and Pricing- SWOT Analysis
- Delivered engaging sales presentations to new clients, explaining technical information in simplified language to promote features and increase client base.
- Identified opportunities for growth within Central India territory and collaborated with sales teams to reach sales goal.
- Aggressively pursued competitive accounts by differentiating company from competitors.
- Handled all customer relations issues pleasantly, enabling quick resolution and client satisfaction.
- Request For Proposal: Business Case presentation to clients to source RFP for PAN India Hilton hotels.
- Feeder Market Business: Ensure business generation from Pune and Aurangabad regions for PAN India Hilton Hotels.
- AUTO EXPO: Generated 1.3 Cr group room revenue for Hilton hotel in Delhi region during Auto Expo event in 2012.
- Acquisition: Market Share for Barclays moved from Competition hotel by 100% through effective RFP contracting.
- Aggressively pursued competitive accounts by differentiating company from competitors.
- Develop strategic relationships with key clients to foster profitable business initiatives
- Organized promotional events and interacted with community to increase sales volume.
- Develop value-added solutions and approaches by leveraging trends in customer marketplaces and industries.
- Project Team Member.
- Managed entire sales cycle across customer accounts, proposing and closing sales to achieve total revenue growth, profit and customer satisfaction plans.
- Remained current on industry trends to better understand customer needs, product effectiveness and sales tactics
- Competition Knowledge: To understand the competition hotel strategies and develop SWOT analysis so as to maximize the revenues.
- Collaborated with internal teams to evaluate costs against expected market price points and set structures to achieve profitrgets.
- Maintained detailed records of sales progress, inventories and marketing success to better align goals with company priorities.
- Remained current on industry trends to better understand customer needs, product effectiveness and sales tactics.
- Exceeded sales goals of INR 98 lacs by leveraging interpersonal communication skills and product knowledge to cultivate and secure new customer relationships through effective sales process cycle.
- MIS & Database Management: Reporting MIS to Corporate office on monthly basis.
- Chain Contracting: Contracting for PAN India Royal Orchid Hotel and drive business.
- Exceeded goals through effective task prioritization and great work ethics.
- Proved successful working within tight deadlines and fast-paced atmosphere.
- Offered friendly and efficient service to all customers, handled challenging situations with ease.
- Completed all paperwork, recognizing any discrepancies and addressing them in a timely fashion.
- Worked flexible hours; weekend, and holidays
- In my current role as an office sales assistant, I serve and provide consumers with recommendations about any products and services they are interested in. Responsibilities include:
- Providing customers with advice on the right products for them.
- Dealing with customer complaints, and escalating the issue to management level if necessary.
- Organising deliveries in and out of the warehouse.Dealing with customer emails.
- Very clear communication abilities both in person and on the phone.Reminding customers of any company promotions.
- Achieve my monthly goals of 200 000 from the third month
- Deploy enterprise-wide CRM
- Develop a sales team
- Implement crm
- I sold more than one million pesos per team per month
- Get the team to commission for the first time
- Design of energy efficiency improvement projects for chillers/air handling unit systems.
- Representing unique solutions with quality for industrial projects to customers.
- Consulting services HVAC project design phase to industrial companies.
- Forecast target by searching the market needs and to develop the business and promote our Paint products to companies in Pakistan
- Present solutions to clients and secure sales contracts
- Design of steam/condensate systems, including flow diagrams, pipe sizing and preparation of bill of materials
- Design of efficiency improvement projects for steam/condensate systems
- Design of energy recovery systems (flue gas, waste water, flash steam), calculation of energy savings, preparation of feasibility study and calculation of investment cost
- Plant audits, investigation of steam efficiency, troubleshooting of problems in steam/condensate system, and proposing energy saving/recovery projects
- Design of the BMS system for large-scale projects (like hospitals, hotels, plants, ....etc).
- Studying project tender documents and preparing a techno-commercial offer.
- Selection and sizing of control valves.
- Selection and sizing of air valves.
- Preparing system take-off and system BOQ according to project documentation.
- Demonstrating new products and technologies to the consultants and end-users.
- Preparation of the cost analysis for the project.
- Technical support.
- Testing, commissioning, and start-up of Enraf automatic tank gauging system.
- Effectively handled the communications 2nd line team, clients, and stakeholders
- Main task was to give cold calls (telesales / telemarketing) to random people using the data provided by the company and sell the services of the company which is English training for people who wants to improve their skills in English such as writing, reading, speaking and listening.
- Assist the operations department in terms of schedules and unresolved issues with customers/students.
- Doing presentation and orientation to customer who visits the institute for inquiries and giving them general information regarding the services of the company.
Include quantitative data throughout your Advertising Sales Executive resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action verbs for your advertising sales executive resume
Writing a strong skills section for your advertising sales executive resume
Checklist for your advertising sales executive skills section:
- Include all relevant skills from the job description to pass ATS;
- Focus on skills that show your expertise;
- List your technical skills in a clear and concise manner;
- Leave room for transferable skills related to teamwork, communication, negotiation, and conflict management.
Top skills for your advertising sales executive resume
Research / Information Gathering.
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
Advertising sales executive resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your advertising sales executive resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Include a link to your portfolio in your Advertising Sales Executive resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
The ideal summary for your advertising sales executive resume
Mastering the summary section: checklist
- Mention the total years of experience you have in the field;
- Focus on 2 to 3 of your top achievements;
- Highlight the things that make you the best fit for the position;
- Go for short, easy-to-read sentences to keep the recruiter’s attention.
Resume Summary Formula:
Your summary section should act as a brief but informative introduction to your experience section. In this section you should go into more depth about what you have done, and how you did it.
Things to Include in Your Advertising Sales Executive Resume Education Section
Advertising sales executive resume education section checklist:
- Mention your highest education degree;
- Add the duration of your course and the institution you attended;
- List the awards you’ve received during your studies;
- Feature your certifications if they are relevant to the position;
- Entry-level positions: Share more about projects and classes.
Top certifications for your advertising sales executive resume
Ultimate Google Ads Training 2021: Profit with Pay Per Click
Google Ads 2021: How our clients have transformed their sales using Google Ads & get your Google Ads certification!
Sales Training: Practical Sales Techniques
Sales Hacking: Essential sales skills, sales strategies and sales techniques to sell just about anything!
Executive Sales Dashboard
Introduction to Power BI
Facebook Ads & Instagram Ads Course 2022 + Meta 410-101 Exam
Learn Facebook Ads Properly. Boost E-commerce Sales. Enjoy Quizzes. Become 410-101: Certified Media Buying Professional.
Facebook Ads Profit Bootcamp: Covert Ads into Sales!
Learn everything you need to know about Facebook Advertising and create high performing Ads that convert to Sales!
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
Formatting your advertising sales executive resume
What’s worse than a .docx resume? A resume with a poorly chosen format.
In general, there are three basic resume formats we advise you to stick with:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Choosing between them is easy when you’re aware of your applicant profile – it depends on your years of experience, the position you’re applying for, and whether you’re looking for an industry change or not.
The reverse-chronological resume format is just that – all your relevant jobs in reverse-chronological order. It’s great for applicants with lots of experience, no career gaps, and little desire for creativity.
When working with less experienced applicants, we suggest the functional skills-based resume format. It’s great for recent graduates or people with large career gaps. Functional skills-based resumes focus on your personality, the skills you have, your interests, and your education. Ultimately, the idea is to show you’re the perfect fit without putting too much emphasis on your work experience (or lack thereof).
If you’re in the middle or are generally looking to make your resume feel more modern and personal, go for the combination or hybrid resume format. It offers the best of both worlds by combining sections focused on experience and work-related skills and at the same time keeping space for projects, awards, certifications, or even creative sections like ‘my typical day’ and ‘my words to live by’.
Advertising Sales Executive Resume Formatting Checklist
- Choose the resume format based on your level of experience and the company you’re applying for
- Go for a traditional 10-12p font
- Stick to 1-inch page margins to ensure high readability
- Match the length of your resume to your experience, but don’t go for more than two pages!
To take it a step further, check out how your resume can stand out without leaning too much on the creative side.
Test your draft Advertising Sales Executive resume by sending it out to peers and mentors in your circles. Ask them to review it as if they are hiring you for a project and implement the feedback afterwards.
Additional sections for your advertising sales executive resume
In some cases, especially when it comes to entry-level positions, adding more sections beyond the usual ‘experience’, ‘skills’, and ‘education’ works well in your favor. Such additional sections will help you paint a fuller picture of who you are in the recruiter’s head.
Here’s a list of fun yet informative additional sections for your resume:
Making your advertising sales executive resume creative
We know too well that recruiters go through tons of resumes every day. The worse part is, they often need to hire people for different positions and teams. So how do you make yourself stand out in such cases?
By adding a dash of creativity to your Advertising Sales Executive resume. It can be in the form of a colorful layout, a section describing your typical day, or even a picture of your favorite book – you decide!
Just make sure that the levels of creativity match the industry, company, and position you’re applying for.
What makes a great advertising sales executive resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.