According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Wholesale & Manufacturing Sales positions are at a 5% growth rate, which is slower than average. With that said, there are currently 1,625,700 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 77,600 to 1,703,300 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Wholesale & Manufacturing Sales jobs was $65,420 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $31,950, and the highest 10% more than $129,200.
Our conclusion? The Wholesale & Manufacturing Sales job market is wide open for candidates.
Top sales account manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
Things to remember when writing your sales account manager experience section
Sales account manager experience section checklist:
- Keep it short: use no more than 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Go for short, easy-to-read sentences to keep recruiters engaged;
- Focus on relevant job experience that will enhance your application;
- Describe your experience using the C-A-R (challenge, action, result) methodology;
- Ditch buzzwords and go for power words instead.
To illustrate it more clearly, we’ve collected some of the best experience section examples from real Sales Account Manager resumes. Check them out below!
- Consultative Sales / Prospecting - engineering equipment - B2B / B2C
- Fixed Income investments advisor
- Real Estate investments advisor
- Working as business consultant for Google Cloud Platform clients
- Researching, identifying, prospecting, qualifying leads for new clients and closing opportunities - medium and large businesses
- Delivering product presentations to C level players and inform them about new developments in the company's products
- Overachieving monthly targets from the first month up to now in a competitive environment
- Pipeline portfolio of customer with a quarterly revenue of 250K
- Prospecting and qualifying existent clients in order to up-sell premium product
- Working for Google as business consultant and technical point of contact for Google Cloud Platform clients
- Researching, identifying, prospecting, qualifying leads for new SMB clients and closing opportunities
- Developing and accessing new prospects and new markets for sales promotions & campaigns
- Preparing and delivering online demonstrations of G Suite application to prospective clients
- Clearly articulated the value proposition of the company to potential clients for an initial trial transaction
- Retained clients through solution selling and results
- Overachievment in all main KPI's in the project
- All in-contract sales for approximately 40 Queensland Enterprise customers
- Driving and achieving incremental sales and revenue performance within my aligned customers
- Identifying and gaining new business through sustained contact with the customer (including cold calling, emails and following up referrals/leads)
- Providing analysis, identification and qualification of defined campaigns/programs across targeted customers and taking these market leads through to a sales lead
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of trends in the technology market and the solution options available from Telstra
- Working closely with Telstra’s key solution partners such as Cisco, Microsoft and AWS in order to maintain a high level of product knowledge and customer engagement
- Utilising Salesforce for accurate opportunity entry and sales forecasting
- Exceeding sales targets. In my first year I achieved 138% to target for incremental sales, and in H1 of 2020/21 I achieved 126% to target
- Resilience in a world hit by the pandemic
- Increased territory revenue by over 500%
- Developed business strategies with partners & resellers
- Managed an account set with over 1,200 accounts
- Face-to-face meetings with customers
- Managing companies accounts including the entire sales process from businesses development prospecting through post-sales support;
- Develop and execute a sales plan that provides complete territory coverage;
- Contacting clients to maximize revenue by understanding business challenges and tailor the best solution for their specific needs;
- Delivering machine presentations to potential clients and inform them about new developments in the company's equipment;
- Responsible for making the proposals and clients contracts;
- Close deals in a competitive environment to achieve and over achieve sales targets;
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with new and existing clients;
- In charge of the foundation drawing and layout of the plant to produce blocks and pavers;
- Control engineering activities to maintain work standards, adhere to timelines and meet quality assurance targets;
- Defined engineering problems, collected data, established facts and drew conclusions to solve technical engineering issues.
- For the company:• Hit my yearly quota by 102% in FY17.• Hit my yearly quota by 128% in FY18.• Hit my quota for current year to date for FY19.
- Personal:• High Achiever Award in 2017 & 2018 consecutively.• Mentor and leader for the ISR Mid-Market Team for Malaysia.• Received recognition's & certificates for excelling attended courses.
- Managed a set of 32 accounts contributing to the revenue generation of the team
- Builds, maintains and forecasts sales pipeline, creates and develops account plans
- Sets and executes sales strategy for assigned portion of account, territory or industry vertical.
- Generate and qualify leads to create new sales opportunities
- Mapping client's requirements & providing them customized business solutions through technical and commercial proposals.
- Developing sales plans & value added solutions designed to assure achievement of agreed to volume, market share and profit objectives
- Increasing my sales target by 25% - 30% year on year.
- Finding ways to improve sales
- Closing orders and deals.
- Sourcing new clients using Houzz, social media, Google and networking. Including looking back at existing old systems for review.
- Mood boards to win sales using our full ranges.
- Meeting with new suppliers and agencies
- Attending Deco off showroom in Paris to sell new ranges to international markets.
- Managing both Residential and commercial top accounts.
- Developed & managed 100's of new as well as existing accounts in the Beauty/ Spa industry.
- Traveled nationwide to industry trade shows. Average of $20,000 in Trade Show Revenue generated each event attended.
- Scheduling dinners/appointments with industry executives and fellow vendors to strengthen established accounts while also building potential business.
- Equipment Technical Support/Customer Service -Accounts Payable (Collections) -Logistics (LTL/Ground) -Warehouse (Inventory/Cargo)
- Targeted business to implement servicing programs to improve operating facility efficiencies while reducing overall housekeeping and operational costs
- Current sales projections on pace to achieve FY '20 Q4 Summit Club, FY '21 Presidents Club, and FY '21 Diamond Club status
- Furloughed in April 2020 due to economic impacts of COVID-19
- Analyze and understand business requirements and communicate with appropriate teams to facilitate customer requirements gathering
- Coordinate between Presales team and delivery teams to reach customer desired solution from a customer satisfaction stand point
- Accountable for sales account management by assigned region
- Assure client satisfaction by communicating with Management, Vendors, Presales team, Delivery team, Finance, & Procurement
- Generate new prospect leads and new accounts
- Consistently grow the gross profit and achieve the targets as set out by country account manager
- Maintain an up to date record of all activities, and initiatives with customers and prospects in the CRM
- Vendor relationship management in order to generate new leads and prospects from the vendor side
- Achieve Sales productivity and revenue targets
- Collaborate with presales team to identify business opportunities
- Complete understanding of company’s portfolio of products and services
- hare customer success stories with new leads and prospects to display the organization’s capability in the same market sector while maintain the confidentiality of the customer
- Understand customer’s needs and requirements and develop and maintain relationships
- Process customer inquiries, quotes, purchase orders, delivery notes, and invoicing
- Process customer inquiries, quotes, purchase orders, delivery notes, and invoicing
- Managing large and medium sized accounts on corporate business, events, entertainment business, outside caterings and managed yearly exceed targets by at least 20%, on each segment
- Negotiating contracts, ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented
- Daily and consistently proactive prospecting from established business sources, to bring in new accounts with accommodation and events business potential
- Team coordination to achieving objectives and targets (organizing the weekly sales meetings, analysis when sending a corporate rate proposal, weekly planning of sales activities, coordinating the Qualifier and RFP seasons, the daily prospecting activities, important sales reports reviewed by Regional Management)
- Consistently achieved direct sales targets.
- Delivered sales presentations and training across the South East
- Account management of more than 100 Boardworks customers
- Achieved highest upsell value (2016).
- Building and developing key customer relationships
- Creating and working to territory sales plans
- Preparation and production of proposals and tender documents
- Promoted from outbound telephone sales to Sales Account Manager
- Took career break to start family and study for my degree.
Include quantitative data throughout your Sales Account Manager resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action verbs for your sales account manager resume
The Best Way to Write Your Sales Account Manager Resume’s Skills Section
Sales account manager resume: skills section checklist
- Scan the job advert for keywords worth including in your resume;
- List both hard and transferable skills;
- Leave room for discussion: include some of your skills in other sections of your resume;
- Focus on skills that prove your expertise and leave the irrelevant ones behind.
Top skills for your sales account manager resume
Research / Information Gathering.
Add a Talent Section to your resume, where you can pick your top 3 soft skills and describe how you used them to complete a project or balance departmental communication.
Sales account manager resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your sales account manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have policies about identifying information like photos on your Sales Account Manager resume. Be sure to check all the relevant rules before submitting yours. If you’re in doubt, you can always try contacting the company’s HR department to ask for their policy.
Writing a strong sales account manager resume summary
Sales account manager resume summary checklist:
- Mention your position and total years of experience in the field;
- Highlight 1-2 of your top achievements;
- Go for shorter sentences and keep them to the point – don’t include anything that doesn’t support your application;
- Add 2-4 keywords present in the job description.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a professional taster. Use it wisely. Effectively convey your professional profile and let the hiring manager know that if they hire you, they won’t be disappointed. Make sure to include keywords from the job description too! Elaborate on your abilities further in your experience section. Again, cater to the job description.
Adding education, courses, and certifications to your Sales Account Manager resume
Education section tips and tricks:
- Add info about your highest degree level, incl. year of graduation, place of study, and degree subject;
- Mention some education-related awards you’ve received;
- Share a bit more about your certifications (if they are relevant);
- Entry-level applicants: Tailor your education section by including classes that are relevant to the position you’re applying for.
Top certifications for your sales account manager resume
Telephone Sales Training Certification
All you need to know to succeed in telephone sales. Start a new lucrative career as a Telephone Account Manager.
Sales Training: Practical Sales Techniques
Sales Hacking: Essential sales skills, sales strategies and sales techniques to sell just about anything!
Sales Management Masterclass For Sales Managers & Management
Complete Guide For Aspiring & Current Sales Managers & Management Team To Create A High Performing Sales Enablement Team
Budgeting for non accounting managers.
Know the accountant's Jargon. Know how to prepare the sales budget; production budget the purchasing budget
Fundamentals of Sales Management for New Sales Managers
The First 90 Days for a Sales Manager
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Sales Account Manager. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
The best format for your sales account manager resume
Choosing the right format for your resume might seem difficult, regardless of whether you’re a newbie or a master. In short, there are three basic resume formats for you to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The choice you make depends on your level of experience and the company you’re applying for.
The reverse-chronological resume format is great for you if you have at least 10 years of experience, no employment gaps, and are not looking for a career change. Here, you are expected to list all your previous jobs in a reverse-chronological format, starting from your most recent position and going back to the oldest one. It’s perfect for experienced individuals who are looking for a straightforward way to highlight their expertise.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is great for recent graduates or professionals with large employment gaps. It focuses on skills and education, rather than experience. This makes it ideal for showing you’re the right fit without putting too much emphasis on your lack of (relevant) experience.
If you’re looking for something a bit more creative, go for the combination resume format. It’s a mix of the reverse-chronological and the functional skills-based formats, which makes it ideal for all types of applicants. What’s more, it’s considered modern and innovative, and isn’t this what you want your application to feel like anyway?
After choosing the right format for your Sales Account Manager resume, it’s time to perfect the layout and style.
- Go for traditional 1-inch resume margins;
- Choose a simple resume font, sized 10-12p;
- Make sure that the length of your resume matches your applicant profile: try to fit in a one-page template; two-page templateare suitable only for candidates with over 10 years of experience.
- Save your resume in PDF to avoid issues around formatting and unauthorized editing.
Looking for more ways to make your application stand out? Read this article!
Sometimes you’ll want to go after a job which requires more experience than you have. Instead of using a typical Sales Account Manager resume layout, you can use a creative layout. Getting noticed is the most important challenge and a creative resume layout might help you get invited for an interview as most of other accountants have boring resume designs.
Other sections to include in your resume
Depending on the type of company, your position, and your general desire to experiment and showcase your creative side, you might want to add some additional sections to your resume. Some examples include:
Creating a memorable sales account manager resume
You want your resume to put you in front of other candidates even when the competition is high, right? Right!
One of the easiest ways to do this is by adding a drop or two of creativity. You can choose a colorful and out-of-the-box template, or maybe even put a ‘what my typical days look like’ section at the bottom of your resume
It’s totally up to you. Just make sure to match the level of creativity to the industry, the position, and the company.
What makes a great sales account manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.