According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Marketing & Advertising Sales Agents positions are at a 3% growth rate, which is slower than average. With that said, there are currently 115,100 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 3,600 to 118,700 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Marketing & Advertising Sales Agents jobs was $54,940 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $26,700, and the highest 10% more than $124,030.
Our conclusion? The Marketing & Advertising Sales Agents job market is wide open for candidates.
Top IT sales executive sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
How to Write the Perfect IT Sales Executive Resume Experience Section
It sales executive experience section: checklist
- List your positions in chronological or reverse-chronological order;
- Go for 4-6 bullet points;
- Add only relevant work experience;
- Include information about the challenges you’ve faced, the actions you’ve taken, and the results you’ve achieved;
- Use action verbs instead of filler words.
We’ve selected some of the top IT Sales Executive resumes made using the Enhancv platform to illustrate what a great experience section looks like. Use them as inspiration when building your own resume:
- Top performer of the month in terms of achieving sales target.
- Providing seamless and end to end debt resolution to the clients with collaboration of product & development team.
- Understands customer delinquencies with the use of digital media.
- Creating the batch and develop campaigns.
- Mail Testing and Mail Delivery & Lead Generation and Lead Capturing.
- Providing Demo and Building Client Relationship.
- Lead management - Generate new potential business through a variety of marketing campaigns or programms
- Banner promotion - To promote a brand & to get a visitors to host website
- Works closely with engineering, marketing, and support to ensure business case and customer satisfaction goals are met.Clearly articulate the business value to the product team so they understand the intent behind the new pr
- Responsible for handling all the client activities on the platform(Contests/Hackathons) & Handling all the mailer promotion of contests, webinar and hackathons & Meeting targets through mailer campaign, target data, report extraction.Have done the demo of test creation, contest, hackathons, webinar.
- Developed and maintained relationships with key decision-makers to understand business needs and provide tailored solutions.
- Achieved 120% of annual sales targets in 2019 and 2020, resulting in £2.5 million in revenue.
- Generated new business through cold calling, email campaigns, and attending industry events, resulting in a 30% increase in client base.
- Collaborated with marketing team to develop targeted campaigns and sales collateral.
- Provided product demonstrations and presentations to clients, resulting in a 25% increase in conversion rates.
- Negotiated contracts and pricing to maximize profitability while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Developed a pipeline of new logo prospects, resulting in a 40% increase in sales revenue.
- Scheduled and conducted new business meetings, resulting in a 60% increase in closed deals.
- Collaborated with marketing team to develop targeted campaigns and improve lead generation tactics.
- Maintained accurate records of all sales activities and customer interactions in CRM system.
- Provided excellent customer service and support to existing clients, resulting in a 90% customer retention rate.
- Developed a deep understanding of cyber security issues and solutions, enabling effective communication with clients and prospects.
- Achieved 120% of sales target in the first quarter, resulting in a revenue of £80,000.
- Generated 50 new leads per week through proactive outreach efforts, including cold-calling and email campaigns.
- Developed and managed a portfolio of 30 accounts, resulting in a 20% increase in sales revenue.
- Collaborated with the marketing team to create sales collateral and product messaging for new product launches.
- Provided regular feedback to product development teams to improve customer satisfaction and identify new sales opportunities.
- Maintained accurate customer records and communication in the CRM database to streamline the sales process.
- Generated 200 new leads per month through outbound prospecting efforts, including cold-calling and email campaigns.
- Achieved 80% of the monthly quota consistently for 6 months, resulting in a revenue of £50,000.
- Conducted product demos and presentations to potential customers to drive sales pipeline.
- Collaborated with the sales team to develop new sales strategies and messaging to improve sales effectiveness.
- Provided regular feedback to the product development team to improve customer satisfaction and identify new sales opportunities.
Show off real numbers that display your accomplishments in past roles. Instead of listing out your responsibilities as IT Sales Executive, talk about the measurable impact you made to their business. Did you boost their revenue? Increase customer retention? Mention your proudest points on your resume.
Action verbs for your IT sales executive resume
It sales executive resume: how to write a strong skills section
The ultimate IT sales executive skills section checklist:
- Balance between all kinds of hard skills – technical, analytical, etc.
- When it comes to technical skills, match them to the job description;
- Add keywords present in the job advert to pass ATS;
- Don’t forget to list transferable skills such as communication, teamwork, work ethic, and presentation skills.
Top skills for your IT sales executive resume
Research / Information Gathering.
Don’t feel obliged to spend a separate section for your soft skills - you can weave them throughout your job experience or career summary. But, don’t just write empty words - back them with examples.
It sales executive resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your IT sales executive resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have policies about identifying information like photos on your IT Sales Executive resume. Be sure to check all the relevant rules before submitting yours. If you’re in doubt, you can always try contacting the company’s HR department to ask for their policy.
It sales executive resume summary: things to include and things to avoid
Job-winning IT sales executive resume summary checklist:
- Mention your total years of experience in the field;
- Highlight one or two of your top achievements;
- Avoid getting into too much detail – you’ll do that in the experience section;
- Focus on short sentences that are easy to read and add value to your application.
Resume summary formula:
You’re not going to get hired simply because of a good summary or objective. However, your recruiter can bump you up in front of similarly experienced candidates who didn’t demonstrate such passion and drive.
Highlighting education, courses, and certifications in your IT sales executive resume
Education section checklist:
- What? Where? What’s the result? Answer these questions when mentioning education and courses on your resume;
- Give preference to courses and degrees that are relevant to the job position;
- Be honest! Some recruiters love checking with colleges and universities to see if you’ve really been enrolled in them;
- Share more about certifications that have helped you turn into a professional, and mention the bodies that have issued them.
Top certifications for your IT sales executive resume
Sales Training: Practical Sales Techniques
Sales Hacking: Essential sales skills, sales strategies and sales techniques to sell just about anything!
Executive Presence for Institutional Fundraising/Sales
The principles and practice of being a more powerful, memorable, respected and articulate fund manager/marketer
Recruitment: IT Basics for IT Recruiters
IT fundamentals for Recruiters in IT industry
B2B Sales, LinkedIn Lead Generation & Cold Email Sales
Business to business high ticket sales and marketing to sell to large companies, generate leads, and large customers
CRUSH IT !!! – Sales Strategies
Discover a step by step sales process you can drop into your business to re-connect with lost prospects. Close Sales Now
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
It sales executive resume format 101
If a couple of years ago IT Sales Executive resumes could be text files with no graphic elements, today’s recruiters need a bit more to remember you.
And yet, you can still choose between three basic resume formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
But when it comes to choosing the right format for your IT Sales Executive resume, there are two factors to keep in mind: your experience and whether you’re looking for an industry change.
The reverse-chronological format is the most common one. That being said, it gives recruiters exactly what they’re used to in terms of order and information. However, it’s not suitable for applicants with employment gaps or not enough experience.
We at Enhancv suggest the functional skills-based resume format for people with limited work experience who find reverse-chronological resumes irrelevant. This format showcases the applicant’s most significant accomplishments, skills, and strengths.
Don’t miss our resume format checklist:
- Go for a traditional easy-to-read resume font sized 10-12p;
- Don’t risk it: choose standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Make sure your IT Sales Executive resume fits in one to two pages;
- Save your resume in PDF to avoid having it edited by someone else.
Looking for more tips? Check out our job-winning guide for crafting a resume that gets you remembered!
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
Other sections for your IT sales executive resume
If the position you’re applying for allows for that, you can include some non-traditional sections in your resume. This will add a bit more depth to your application and will also give the hiring manager a better idea of who you are as a person.
Some ideas include:
An IT sales executive resume recruiters would love
You’ve drafted an amazing IT Sales Executive resume, but are still not sure whether it will make a strong first impression? After all, recruiters go over tens of resumes each day, right?
Right! And the recipe for getting their attention includes a dash of creativity.
What’s more, a creative resume is perfect for adding your personality to the mix. For example, you could mention your favorite books, quotes, movies, or even what your day usually looks like.
Regardless of what you choose, make sure your levels of creativity match the industry, the company, and the position. Otherwise, your resume might look silly and inapt.
What Makes a Great IT Sales Executive Resume: Key Takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.