Top Hotel Sales Manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a strong Hotel Sales Manager experience section
Hotel Sales Manager Experience Section: Checklist
- List your positions in chronological or reverse-chronological order;
- Go for 4-6 bullet points;
- Add only relevant work experience;
- Include information about the challenges you’ve faced, the actions you’ve taken, and the results you’ve achieved;
- Use action verbs instead of filler words.
We’ve collected some of the top resume experience sections from real Enhancv users. Check them out when drafting your own Hotel Sales Manager resume!
- Achieved 15% increase in revenue by successfully implementing the annual sales & marketing plan
- Negotiated corporate account rates resulting in a 20% growth in business and maintaining strong relationships with key clients
- Developed and executed a successful social media marketing strategy, leading to a 30% increase in social media engagement and 25% increase in direct bookings
- Coordinated and directed multiple successful photoshoots, resulting in an increase in positive brand recognition and guest loyalty
- Organized and hosted successful client familiarization and press trips, showcasing the hotel's unique features and driving sales
- Collaborated with Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager to develop and market innovative food and beverage offerings, resulting in a 10% increase in F&B sales
- Achieved 100% of personal sales goals for 3 consecutive years
- Built and maintained effective working relationships with all key stakeholders, resulting in increased client satisfaction
- Developed and implemented sales strategies that increased market share by 15%
- Managed daily sales activities with a focus on building long term, value-based customer relationships that enabled achievement of sales objectives
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to develop and execute successful marketing campaigns
- Developed and maintained a database of potential customers, resulting in increased sales leads by 30%
- Negotiated and closed contracts with key accounts, resulting in a 10% increase in average revenue per booking
- Implemented sales training program for new hires, resulting in increased productivity and revenue
- Conducted market research and analysis, identifying new business opportunities and trends
- Ensured compliance with all legal requirements and best practices in the sales process
- Identified and secured new business opportunities, resulting in a 20% increase in group business revenue
- Managed the sales pipeline and provided accurate sales forecasts, resulting in a 95% accuracy rate
- Developed and implemented sales strategies for new markets, resulting in a 25% increase in revenue
- Built and maintained strong relationships with key corporate clients, resulting in increased customer loyalty
- Collaborated with revenue management team to optimize pricing and yield strategies
Include quantitative data throughout your Hotel Sales Manager resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action Verbs for your Hotel Sales Manager Resume
Writing a Strong Skills Section for Your Hotel Sales Manager Resume
How to write a strong Hotel Sales Manager resume skills section?
- Make sure to include all types of skills - soft, hard, technical;
- Focus on skills that show your expertise in the field;
- Check the job description for keywords and make sure to add them to your resume – this will help you pass ATS;
- Leave room for discussion – elaborate on some of your strongest skills in other sections of your resume
Top skills for your hotel sales manager resume
Attention to Detail
Add a Talent Section to your resume, where you can pick your top 3 soft skills and describe how you used them to complete a project or balance departmental communication.
Hotel Sales Manager resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Impressive Hotel Sales Manager resume summary checklist:
- Point out the achievements that make you a valuable applicant;
- Mention the total years of experience you have;
- Highlight the things you believe make you the best fit for the position;
- Keep it short: aim at having no more than 3-5 sentences.
Resume summary formula:
When writing a resume summary or objective, avoid first-person narrative.
The Best Format for Your Hotel Sales Manager Resume
Choosing the right format for your resume might seem difficult, regardless of whether you’re a newbie or a master. In short, there are three basic resume formats for you to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The choice you make depends on your level of experience and the company you’re applying for.
The reverse-chronological resume format is great for you if you have at least 10 years of experience, no employment gaps, and are not looking for a career change. Here, you are expected to list all your previous jobs in a reverse-chronological format, starting from your most recent position and going back to the oldest one. It’s perfect for experienced individuals who are looking for a straightforward way to highlight their expertise.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is great for recent graduates or professionals with large employment gaps. It focuses on skills and education, rather than experience. This makes it ideal for showing you’re the right fit without putting too much emphasis on your lack of (relevant) experience.
If you’re looking for something a bit more creative, go for the combination resume format. It’s a mix of the reverse-chronological and the functional skills-based formats, which makes it ideal for all types of applicants. What’s more, it’s considered modern and innovative, and isn’t this what you want your application to feel like anyway?
Don’t miss our resume format checklist:
- Go for a traditional easy-to-read resume font sized 10-12p;
- Don’t risk it: choose standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Make sure your Hotel Sales Manager resume fits in one to two pages;
- Save your resume in PDF to avoid having it edited by someone else.
Looking for more tips? Check out our job-winning guide for crafting a resume that gets you remembered!