According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Wholesale & Manufacturing Sales positions are at a 5% growth rate, which is slower than average. With that said, there are currently 1,625,700 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 77,600 to 1,703,300 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Wholesale & Manufacturing Sales jobs was $65,420 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $31,950, and the highest 10% more than $129,200.
Our conclusion? The Wholesale & Manufacturing Sales job market is wide open for candidates.
Top sales promoter sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
How to craft the perfect sales promoter resume experience section
Perfecting the experience section: Sales promoter resume checklist:
- Be careful with bullet points: use no more than 4-6 per position;
- Mention only positions that are relevant to the job you’re applying for;
- List your experience in chronological or reverse-chronological order;
- Highlight your results by using numbers – e.g. percentage increase/decrease in an important metric that’s followed by - your hard work;
- Use action words whenever possible… but more on that below.
Need examples? We looked through thousands of Sales Promoter resumes and gathered some examples of what the ideal experience section looks like. Check them out below!
- Demonstrated and explained products, and services to persuade customers to buy or utilize services.
- Identified interested and qualified customers in order to provide them with additional information.
- Sold products being promoted and kept record of sales.
- Suggested specific product purchases to meet customers' need.
- Learned about competitor's products consumer' interest and concerns in order to answer questions and provide more
- complete information
- Recommended product or service improvement to employers.
- Contributed to the development of the promotional planning system
- Communicated all ad information to asset managers and category managers
- old advertising ad space for Suburban Life Newspapers /Elmhurst Press
- Contacted business through established relationships and cold calling to increase revenues
- Conferred with mobile representatives and reviewed sales records to determine procurement of cell phones and cell phone accessories.
- Quoted prices and credit terms and prepared sales contracts for orders obtained.
- old services for multiple cell phone carriers such as Sprint, T-mobile, and Verizon
- Checked income insurance and other applicable borrower paperwork.
- Assessed and reported on loan application accuracy.
- Handled high volume of inbound borrower and lender query telephone calls.
- Responded to customer inbound phone sales queries.
- Meningkatkan penjualan (sales) yang ditargetkan oleh team leader
- Mengelola merchandise di area penjualan
- Memberikan informasi terkait kebutuhan produk kepada calon pelanggan
- Membantu calon konsumen terhadap kebutuhan produk yang diinginkan
- Menghandle komplain dari konsumen dengan baik
- Memberikan sapaan hangat kepada calon konsumen
- Menerapkan direct sales kepada konsumen agar mau membeli produk dari perusahaan
- Melaporkan setiap pencapaian yang telah diperoleh kepada team leader atau supervisor yang bersangkutan
- Menjaga angka kehilangan produk yang sering terjadi di area sales
- Menciptakan suasana bersih dan rapih di lingkungan area sales
- Promozione dei prodotti del settore dell'Home Entertainment, in particolar modo di Televisori(tecnologie LED e OLED), lettori DVD/Blu-ray e impianti home cinema;
- Promozione dei prodotti del settore Mobile, in particolar modo di Smartphone e prodotti Wearable (Smartwatch);
- Assistenza al cliente.
Include quantitative data throughout your Sales Promoter resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action verbs for your sales promoter resume
Impressing recruiters with a top sales promoter resume skills section
Checklist for an impressive Sales Promoter resume skills section:
- List both hard and technical skills that are important for the role;
- Check what the job description says and add some keywords based on that;
- Focus only on relevant skills;
- Try not to list things such as “communication”; rather, highlight your soft skills in other sections of your Sales Promoter resume.
Top skills for your sales promoter resume
Research / Information Gathering.
Add a Talent Section to your resume, where you can pick your top 3 soft skills and describe how you used them to complete a project or balance departmental communication.
Sales promoter resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your sales promoter resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Sales Promoter resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
Crafting a strong summary for your sales promoter resume
Checklist: The perfect Sales Promoter resume summary section
- Add a couple of keywords from the job description;
- Mention some of your most valuable skills and characteristics;
- Highlight your top achievements (and add numbers!);
- Use no more than 3-5 sentences to guarantee readability and keep - the hiring manager interested.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a professional taster. Use it wisely. Effectively convey your professional profile and let the hiring manager know that if they hire you, they won’t be disappointed. Make sure to include keywords from the job description too! Elaborate on your abilities further in your experience section. Again, cater to the job description.
An Impressive Education Section: Sales Promoter Resume
Sales promoter resume: education section checklist
- Highlight your highest education degree;
- Include the degree subject, year of graduation, and institution name;
- Mention some of the awards you’ve received during your studies;
- List your certifications (incl. the body that’s issued them);
- Entry-level positions: Give preference to courses that are relevant to the position.
Top Certifications for Your Sales Promoter Resume
Sales Training: Practical Sales Techniques
Sales Hacking: Essential sales skills, sales strategies and sales techniques to sell just about anything!
The Complete Sales MBA: 10 Sales Skills Courses in 1
Accredit Yourself With the Sales Skills MBA - All There is to Know on Ethical Sales (Scripts, Examples, Pitchdecks inc.)
Sales Machine: The Sales Training B2B Master Course
Learn Sales Strategies & Sales Techniques to Sell ANYTHING for Entrepreneurs, Startup, B2B Sales, & Business Development
Sales skills: A complete sales training to increase sales
Sales Training: Learn the best sales strategies & sales techniques to close more and skyrocket your sales.
Sales Training: How To Close More Sales
Closing Sales: Sales Training Course: Sales Skills; Selling Techniques; Sales Strategies for B2B, B2C Direct Sales
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
The right format for your sales promoter resume
When it comes to formatting your Sales Promoter resume, there are certain things you need to keep in mind. These include your level of expertise, your total years of experience, and the position and company you’re applying for, to name a few.
You can choose between three basic resume formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The reverse-chronological format is just that – all your experience listed in a reverse-chronological way. It’s great for experienced professionals who have been in the industry for many years and have no career gaps.
The functional skills-based resume, on the other hand, focuses on skills, education, and personality traits, rather than experience. This makes it great for graduates, people with less experience, or bigger career gaps. The idea is to show you’re the perfect match without putting too much emphasis on your lack of relevant experience.
If none of these sound suitable, go for a hybrid (or combination) resume. It’s a mix of experience, skills, and personality traits. It’s also considered modern and innovative because of its non-traditional structure and sections. Here, you can add details about what your typical day looks like or what your life philosophy is. In short, the hybrid resume format shows who you are, both as a professional and as an individual.
More tips on perfecting your resume style and layout:
- Choose a traditional 12p font;
- Make sure your resume margins are no bigger than an inch;
- Go for a one-page template. If you have broad experience and can’t fit your resume on one page, choose a two-page resume template
- Save your resume as PDF to avoid formatting issues and unauthorized editing.
Read this: Ways to make your Sales Promoter resume stand out
Sometimes you’ll want to go after a job which requires more experience than you have. Instead of using a typical Sales Promoter resume layout, you can use a creative layout. Getting noticed is the most important challenge and a creative resume layout might help you get invited for an interview as most of other accountants have boring resume designs.
More sections worth adding to your sales promoter resume
If the industry, company, and position you’re applying for allow for that, you could include other sections in your Sales Promoter resume. By doing this, you’ll show the recruiter that you’re a real human and not a robot.
Here are some ideas:
The right kind of creativity for your sales promoter resume
Several years ago, everyone preferred keeping a safe distance from creative resumes. Today, adding creativity to your CV is considered cool, innovative, and one of the best ways to stand out.
You can add a creative section that describes your typical day or even go for a colorful creative template. No matter what you choose, make sure to keep the position, company, and industry in mind. Otherwise, you risk looking silly.
What makes a great sales promoter resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.