According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Sales Analyst positions are at a 4% growth rate, which is slower than average. With that said, there are currently 518,800 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 21,800 to 540,600 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Sales Analyst jobs was $51,220 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $25,100, and the highest 10% more than $112,410.
Our conclusion? The Sales Analyst job market is wide open for candidates.
Top sales analyst sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
Things to remember when writing your sales analyst experience section
Sales analyst experience section checklist:
- Keep it short: use no more than 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Go for short, easy-to-read sentences to keep recruiters engaged;
- Focus on relevant job experience that will enhance your application;
- Describe your experience using the C-A-R (challenge, action, result) methodology;
- Ditch buzzwords and go for power words instead.
To illustrate it more clearly, we’ve collected some of the best experience section examples from real Sales Analyst resumes. Check them out below!
- Provision of country data, sales analyses, ad-hoc reports and developing tools and processes to meet the ongoing sales activities (at least one ad-hoc activation initiative and several planned per campaign).
- Automation and improvement of the reporting processes and tools in order to avoid typo errors and to speed up the delivery of reports. Technologies used: PL/SQL, Excel VBA, iMacros, bash scripts.
- Provide required information and analyses to support business decisions for number of projects, i.e. reorganization of the sales regions and staff in supported markets, aiming to optimize costs and improve the coverage.
- Provision of Change management and QA tests related to the respective reporting systems and ERP enhancements.
- implementation of a new forecast and pipeline management process, to improve stearability of the sales community and improvement of the product forecast
- allign the forecast with the VP sales and operations in weekly meetings with planning and scheduling
- challenge and persuade the sales community to improve on forecast accuracy
- SalesForce.com poweruser
- responsible for the preparation of the recurrent global sales reporting
- sales analysis based on request for regions or product lines and identification of potential improvement
- implementation of SAP/BI reporting to enhance speed and quality of reporting
- Controlo dos serviços dos vários operadores logísticos;
- Recolha e análise de dados para controlo da actividade;
- Definição de requisitos, análise, implementação e teste de projectos de ferramentas de Business Intelligence;
- Suporte à rede de concessionários.
- Prepared the sales offers, elaborating marketing materials and making preliminary calculations
- Accomplished the financial market research and sales evaluation on operational and financial leasing at the national level
- Drafted the sales teritory divisions and the sales strategies
- Created the SWOT diagrams and SWOT analysis and detailed sales maps
- Created, maintained, and cleaned out database systems and reports.
- Used data mining to create reports and presentations.
- Maintained and built SWS KY website and product catalog.
- Trade marketing plan management for Euritalia Pharma div. (35% BDGT)
- Promo trade ATL and BTL.
- Customer price list creation.
- SFA, customer incentives, costs and contribution.
- Sales forecasting, sell out and sell in analysis for SOP-OTC market/client.
- Gross Margin analysis for client
- Market trends analysis
- 5 key clients management (to 1.5M€)
- Category management per SKUs
- Trade marketing plan, sell out forecast, sales budget.
- Direct Costing, ABC, Full costing per brand/ref.
- Hunter y captador de empresas de tecnología con el fin de sumar su catalogo al de Linio.cl (con foco según las prioridades del surtido).
- Conocer y proponer modelo de negocio adoc al proveedor.
- Negociar comisiones según categorías principales y secundarias.
- Managed client accounts for large, private publishing/media corporation
- Monitored monthly aging summary reports
- Responsible for 300+ advertising accounts, over $1M in monthly receivables and Top 25 National Accounts
- Provided weekly credit reports to Executive Management
- Managed accounts, spreadsheets, and dispute resolution procedures
- Determined client’s financial strength through third party credit assessments to establish line of credit
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams/business units, creating synergy and transferring knowledge
- Mi misión dentro de RB consiste en aumentar el entendimiento del negocio y, de ese modo, mejorar la toma de decisiones.
- Recolectar, evaluar y y reportar diferentes KPI's e informes de ventas diarios y mensuales.
- Generar informes Ad-hoc para diferentes roles & departamentos dentro y fuera de la empresa.
- Otras tareas de soporte: Gestión de la herramienta CRM; Atender y resolver las dudas y peticiones de los diferentes departamentos.
- Analisi, reportistica e comunicazione dei dati alla forza vendita area Sud
- Supporto e formazione forza vendita per la realizzazione del materiale destinato ai clienti (estrazione dati sell in-out dai sistemi informatici, materiali ppt)
- Analisi delle promozioni con volantino (Foldernet)
- Analisi con fonti interne ed esterne (IRI & NIELSEN) dell' andamento dei vari brand del gruppo, identificando aree di miglioramento/ intervento ed opportunità
- measuring and tracking eyewear sales performance of 24 Brands, review KPIs: Dior, Dior Homme, Gucci, Céline, Givenchy, MaxMara, Tommy Hilfigher, Hugo Boss, Jimmy Choo, Fendi, Polaroid, Carrera etc
- modifying rolling 12 months sales plan for all brands, evaluating reasonability, explaining plan vs trend via building blocks for HQ
- prepare monthly net sales forecast
- perform margin and profitability analysis on customer/product level
- measuring POP efficiency, prepare plan for improvement, communication follow up with Sales
- Lead Dior door productivity improvement: analysis, business case, action plan, aligning with HQ, implementation
- control of Trade fair budget
- Montaggio di telai e apparecchiature di centrale in fibra ottica.
- Giunzioni di fibra ottica.
- Misurazioni e certificazione reti ottica e cavi UTP CAT5e/CAT6.
- Installazione Armadi Rack con relativi accessori.
- Implementation of Business Intelligence tools into sales process -QlikView helped to identify how clients portfolio must be moderated.
- Sales strategies modelling aimed to achieve pre-determined sales objectives and business performance improvement in regional Europe and part of Middle East.
- Improved client portfolio performance by increase of margin between 3-5% over one year by business process optimisation and value chain distribution.
- Leading quatro-lingual SWISS Fixed Income Currencies & Commodities business: from the inception of each trade to risk management/ analytics (incl. economic/ market intelligence and trends, reporting, hedging and pricing exposure), to after trade services
- Covering legal and compliance topics/ issues
- Six-Sigma quality and risk management/ reporting (incl. valuations, P&L, credit exposure)
- Developing and implementing various business efficiency measures, IT system enhancement, change management
- Supporting Sales Department in detailed analysis of clients on a monthly providing insights into performance and key drivers
- Being in charge of the relation with the external merchandising agency
- Supporting salespeople and regional teams to manage data across the business
- Conducting periodical analysis of the product distribution
- Collecting the launch evaluations
- Participating at sales meetings, getting acquainted with Marketing and Trade Marketing activities
- Analyze marketing status/sales performances indicators/sales behavioral process, especially focus on sales KPI target.
- Track sales behavior data and deep analysis how to obtain the top important customers, maximize the value of sales staff.
- Build Customer Life-cycle model to help sales to win and manage customers.
- Lead FTB Project, mine the stock data to find sales leads which assist sales to win new customers.
- Annually evaluated as top 15% excellent employee, rated as 'best partner'.
- Hired as part of the initial task force in order to set up, assist, organize, legalize & launch licenses needed in order to legally operate the company in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Developed the touristic packages, strategies, market-public targets, channels, routes, offers, as well priced and monitored all services provided by doing market research/share.
- Head of marketing: created, developed & launched all digital marketing campaigns.
- Managed all digital, electronic data & social media for the company and created weekly content to Instagram and Facebook and monitored all reactions within offers online/public feedback.
- Provided assistance to customers before and during stay in Portugal.
Include quantitative data throughout your Sales Analyst resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action verbs for your sales analyst resume
The Best Way to Write Your Sales Analyst Resume’s Skills Section
Sales analyst resume: skills section checklist
- Scan the job advert for keywords worth including in your resume;
- List both hard and transferable skills;
- Leave room for discussion: include some of your skills in other sections of your resume;
- Focus on skills that prove your expertise and leave the irrelevant ones behind.
Top skills for your sales analyst resume
Research / Information Gathering
When describing your experience, don’t go too far from its terminology. Recruiters use ATS systems to filter resumes based on them having certain keywords, so make sure you use at least a few keywords mentioned in the job description.
Sales analyst resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your sales analyst resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Include a link to your portfolio in your Sales Analyst resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
Writing a strong sales analyst resume summary
Sales analyst resume summary checklist:
- Mention your position and total years of experience in the field;
- Highlight 1-2 of your top achievements;
- Go for shorter sentences and keep them to the point – don’t include anything that doesn’t support your application;
- Add 2-4 keywords present in the job description.
Resume summary formula:
When writing a resume summary or objective, avoid first-person narrative.
Adding education, courses, and certifications to your sales analyst resume
Education section tips and tricks:
- Add info about your highest degree level, incl. year of graduation, place of study, and degree subject;
- Mention some education-related awards you’ve received;
- Share a bit more about your certifications (if they are relevant);
- Entry-level applicants: Tailor your education section by including classes that are relevant to the position you’re applying for.
Top certifications for your sales analyst resume
How to become world class Business Analyst - Cases in Excel
A practical guide on how to do business analysis in Excel especially of sales and operations
Business Analysis Fundamentals
Set yourself up for success, learn the key business analysis concepts to thrive in your Business Analyst career
Business Analysis Modeling Skills & Techniques
Learn to create Process Flowcharts, User Stories, Use Cases, SWOT, RACI Matrices, Org Charts, User Stories, and more!
Identify & Define the Problem with Business Analysis
Use business analysis techniques to identify a business pain point, find its root cause, and sell the value of fixing it
Fundamentals of Business Analysis
Get the foundation in business analysis you need to solve your organization's biggest problems.
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Sales Analyst. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
The best format for your sales analyst resume
Choosing the right format for your resume might seem difficult, regardless of whether you’re a newbie or a master. In short, there are three basic resume formats for you to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The choice you make depends on your level of experience and the company you’re applying for.
The reverse-chronological resume format is great for you if you have at least 10 years of experience, no employment gaps, and are not looking for a career change. Here, you are expected to list all your previous jobs in a reverse-chronological format, starting from your most recent position and going back to the oldest one. It’s perfect for experienced individuals who are looking for a straightforward way to highlight their expertise.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is great for recent graduates or professionals with large employment gaps. It focuses on skills and education, rather than experience. This makes it ideal for showing you’re the right fit without putting too much emphasis on your lack of (relevant) experience.
If you’re looking for something a bit more creative, go for the combination resume format. It’s a mix of the reverse-chronological and the functional skills-based formats, which makes it ideal for all types of applicants. What’s more, it’s considered modern and innovative, and isn’t this what you want your application to feel like anyway?
After choosing the right format for your Sales Analyst resume, it’s time to perfect the layout and style.
- Go for traditional 1-inch resume margins;
- Choose a simple resume font, sized 10-12p;
- Make sure that the length of your resume matches your applicant profile: try to fit in a one-page template; two-page templateare suitable only for candidates with over 10 years of experience.
- Save your resume in PDF to avoid issues around formatting and unauthorized editing.
Looking for more ways to make your application stand out? Read this article!
Test your draft Sales Analyst resume by sending it out to peers and mentors in your circles. Ask them to review it as if they are hiring you for a project and implement the feedback afterwards.
Other sections to include in your resume
Depending on the type of company, your position, and your general desire to experiment and showcase your creative side, you might want to add some additional sections to your resume. Some examples include:
Creating a memorable sales analyst resume
You want your resume to put you in front of other candidates even when the competition is high, right? Right!
One of the easiest ways to do this is by adding a drop or two of creativity. You can choose a colorful and out-of-the-box template, or maybe even put a ‘what my typical days look like’ section at the bottom of your resume
It’s totally up to you. Just make sure to match the level of creativity to the industry, the position, and the company.
What makes a great sales analyst resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.