Top Technology Consultant sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
What to include in your Technology Consultant resume experience section
Technology Consultant Resume’s Job Experience Checklist:
- Use 4-6 bullet points per job title;
- Don’t go further than a decade behind when describing your job history, unless you’re applying for an executive position;
- Combine job responsibilities as well as achievements with numbers in results when you describe your past work;
- Start each sentence with a power verb and avoid overused buzzwords;
- Use either C-A-R or S-T-A-R methodology, when describing your experience.
Need examples? We looked through thousands of Technology Consultant resumes and gathered some examples of what the ideal experience section looks like. Check them out below!
- Led a team of 3 consultants in implementing a new CRM system for a client resulting in a 20% increase in sales within the first quarter
- Developed and delivered technical training sessions for clients resulting in a 95% satisfaction rate
- Implemented a data migration plan for a client resulting in a 50% reduction in data errors
- Created customized technology solutions for clients resulting in a 25% increase in efficiency
- Managed the project timeline and budget for multiple clients resulting in an average project completion time of 10% faster than estimated
- Consistently exceeded sales targets, achieving a 110% of quota in 2016 and 115% in 2017
- Maintained a 90% client retention rate by providing excellent customer service and identifying new opportunities for upselling and cross-selling
- Developed and executed a successful prospecting strategy resulting in a 25% increase in new business
- Collaborated with the technical team to provide customized IT solutions for clients resulting in a 30% increase in revenue
- Negotiated contracts and pricing agreements with clients resulting in a 15% increase in average deal size
- Designed and executed integration requirements specification, resulting in a 30% reduction in data errors
- Developed ETL workflows using Talend and SAP Data Services, reducing the data loading time by 50%
- Built custom java scripts to support complex data transformation logic
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve integration issues, resulting in the successful deployment of RapidResponse within 12 months
- Provided on-site and virtual training to end-users, resulting in a 90% adoption rate
- Extracted data from Oracle and JDE ERP systems to support the implementation of JDA Supply Chain Planning
- Designed and executed data validation and testing procedures, resulting in a 95% data accuracy rate
- Developed custom SQL queries to identify data anomalies and improve data quality
- Provided technical support to end-users and resolved integration issues, resulting in a 90% satisfaction rate
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to develop and execute a data migration strategy, resulting in a seamless transition to the new system
- Developed BAPI and RFC functions to integrate SAP/APO with the third-party logistics provider's system, resulting in a 50% reduction in order processing time
- Designed and executed integration test cases, resulting in a 95% test pass rate
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to develop a master data management strategy, resulting in a 90% data accuracy rate
- Provided on-site training to end-users and resolved integration issues, resulting in a 100% adoption rate
- Automated manual data entry processes using Python scripts, resulting in a 80% reduction in data entry errors
- Analyzed source code for leading technology companies related to cloud computing, digital platforms, data processing, network management, information security, and graphics, among others
- Evaluated the complexity and value of software developed, resulting in actionable insights for clients
- Drafted documents describing the functionality and behavior of software systems, ensuring they were accessible to non-technical clients
- Developed and implemented software solutions to meet client needs, resulting in increased efficiency and revenue
- Audited code for quality assurance, identifying and resolving bugs
- Ensured software development adhered to best practices and complied with industry standards
- Developed and maintained software applications, resulting in increased efficiency and productivity
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to design and test software, ensuring functionality and user satisfaction
- Implemented solutions to meet business needs, resulting in increased revenue and customer satisfaction
Check the Technology Consultant job description for inspiration. Look for similarities between your employer’s values and your experience.
Action Verbs for your Technology Consultant Resume
Writing a Strong Skills Section for Your Technology Consultant Resume
Resume Skills Section Checklist:
- Ensure your hard skills section (including technologies) are exactly matching the job description.
- Don’t simply list your soft skills. Apply the “show, don’t tell” principle - let your job achievements speak for themselves.
- Find a way to showcase your skills beyond the skills section.
- Your resume’s skill section is important to ATS systems - so don’t skip it.
Top skills for your technology consultant resume
Database Management (SQL, NoSQL)
Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
Machine Learning (Python, R, TensorFlow)
Data Analysis and Visualization (Excel, Tableau, Power BI)
Network and Security (Firewalls, VPNs, TCP/IP)
Project Management (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall)
Software Engineering (Design Patterns, Algorithms, Data Structures)
Mobile Development (Android, iOS)
Attention to Detail
When picking skills to feature in your resume, make sure they'll be relevant to the position you’re applying to. The point of listing skills is for you to stand out from the competition. Stay away from repetitive, meaningless skills that everyone uses in their resumes. Or else, they’ll backfire and make you look like an average candidate.
Technology Consultant resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist: What to include in your Technology Consultant resume summary:
- Years of experience;
- Highlight top 3 skills and proficiencies;
- One big professional accomplishment you’re most proud of, that you can tie with the aforementioned skills;
- Use short, direct sentences - but no more than three - to keep the HRs interested.
Resume summary formula:
When writing a resume summary or objective, avoid first-person narrative.
The Best Format for Your Technology Consultant Resume
Choosing the right format for your resume might seem difficult, regardless of whether you’re a newbie or a master. In short, there are three basic resume formats for you to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The choice you make depends on your level of experience and the company you’re applying for.
The reverse-chronological resume format is great for you if you have at least 10 years of experience, no employment gaps, and are not looking for a career change. Here, you are expected to list all your previous jobs in a reverse-chronological format, starting from your most recent position and going back to the oldest one. It’s perfect for experienced individuals who are looking for a straightforward way to highlight their expertise.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is great for recent graduates or professionals with large employment gaps. It focuses on skills and education, rather than experience. This makes it ideal for showing you’re the right fit without putting too much emphasis on your lack of (relevant) experience.
If you’re looking for something a bit more creative, go for the combination resume format. It’s a mix of the reverse-chronological and the functional skills-based formats, which makes it ideal for all types of applicants. What’s more, it’s considered modern and innovative, and isn’t this what you want your application to feel like anyway?
Check out our additional tips on perfecting your Technology Consultant resume’s style and layout:
- Choose traditional 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for a serif or sans serif resume font that’s easy to read yet looks professional (e.g. Arial, Verdana, or Calibri);
- Keep your Technology Consultant resume short: one-page template are preferable, but if you have over 10 years of experience, you can also go for a two-page format;
- Save your resume as PDF and choose a suitable name, e.g. NameSurnameResume;
Tired of looking for ways to make your resume stand out? Read this article!