According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Real Estate positions are at a slower than average growth rate, which is 4%. With that said, there are currently 518,800 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 21,800 to 540,600 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Real Estate jobs was $51,220 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $25,460, and the highest 10% more than $174,120.
Our conclusion? The Real Estate job market is facing competition due to decreasing demand.
Top real estate sales manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
What to include in your Real Estate Sales Manager resume experience section
real estate sales manager resume experience section checklist:
- Use at least 3 and no more than 7 bullet points per position;
- Make your experience sound relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Combine responsibilities, results, and critical situations that you’ve handled well;
- Show that you’re willing to take up on challenges;
- Include numbers in any form you like.
Looking for some real experience section examples? We’ve gathered the best Real Estate Sales Manager resume samples to help you. Check them out before building your own resume!
- Assets and project management
- Properties valuation
- Business plans and DCF analysis formulation
- Managed a team of 6 people
- Responsible to create economic proposals for customers (B2C)
- Managing full sales cycle (Presales, Sales and leasing of luxury apartments)
- Ability to detect needs and seek successful solutions for customer making sure they understand the value and quality of the real states
- Knowlage of industry legal terms and banking approval process
- Responsible for the set up of a new structure within the company.
- Acquire new real estate buildings in top cities
- Implement new HORECA concepts
- Build prospection, acquisition and the tailor made follow-up of the new customers in the structure
- Responsible for the brewery estates acquisitions.
- In charge of all acquisition processes and set up of new flagship venues with talented Horeca entrepreneurs.
- Manage the profitability of our current properties portfolio.
- Set up of a data monitoring system in our properties in order to obtain complete information on the business.
- Build & Maintain Client Relationship
- Negotiated leases on behalf of the clients
- Statistical Analysis
- Producing member of Lauren Muss team, ranked #3 in Manhattan 2018
- Currently have one active listing; sold approximately $3M in real estate in two years
- Worked with Lauren to create and organize team
- Cultivated client relationships with budgets ranging from $500K - $40M
- Definition of the commercial and business strategy for the company in Russia and emerging markets (Brazil, Spain). Management of 4 coworking locations Workki wih total area more than 15 000 sq m;
- Corporate clients involvment (e.g. PWC, Yandex, MTS, Rostelecom). Sucessful execution of the deals (>10 000 sq m);
- Team leader of Workki's expansion in Moscow, Brazil and Barcelona by identifying new spaces and structuring the deals with landlords&owners, cooperation and relationships with brokers;
- Development and day-to-day management of sales team, growth and expansion teams;
- PR and marketing strategy responsibility. "Face" of brand and brand ambassador at conferences and overall real estate market (incl. brokers, landlords and tenants);
- Responsibility for P&L and Cash-Flow: forecast, actual fact (month-quarter-year basis);
- Sales procedures management including CRM, advertisement;
- Head of overall portfolio management: facility, compliance and tenancy management;
- Hiring and management of all the team (~40 empoyees). Motivation, training, hiring, team collaboration;
- Head of investment committee (purchase and lease transactions for new projects, financial modelling - P&L, Cash Flow, NPV, IRR, ROI etc);
- I was hired as a Real Estate manager and in January, 2011 I was promoted to Senior Real Estate Manager;
- My role and responsibilities:
- Leasing of business centre class A project "Northern Tower" (GLA > 75 000 sq m). Responsibility for leasing office and retail premises, advertisement places and parking;
- Day-to-day cooperation with current tenants, search for new tenants, lease negotiations, LOI, lease agreements and addendums, cooperation with brokers, working on tenants' debts, carrying out measures on its reduction;
- Financial modelling of projects owned by the company (forecast of income, DCF, NPV, IRR etc);
- Assistance in facility management;
- Working out concepts of the projects;
- Spearheaded the redevelopment, rezoning, joint-venture partnership, design, and construction of a 30 acre parcel into a Live-Work-Play-Stay development which included 3 acre park, art, and Multifamily.
- Led the rezoning of Frisco HALL Park’s 162 acres from a declining office park into a true walkable mixed-use environment through relentless collaboration with city officials and public residents.
- Led all real estate acquisitions strategy for demographic requirements, site zoning, financial performance, and market competition.
- Managed the development of an Arts District 25-story mixed-use residential, hotel, and retail high-rise.
- Supervised the day-to-day activity, pro-forma results, KPIs, budgets, and project schedules of four PMs and two project coordinators.
- Managed the capital improvement strategy of several out-of-state renovations, tenant leases, and build-outs.
- Managed a highly accelerated 8-month development schedule of land closing, rezoning, entitlement, design and construction for (13) 50,000 square foot BTS retail stores.
- Promoted to Client Services Manager from Integrated Marketing Manager and tasked with building the role from the ground up
- Manage lifecycle of account management process including, but not limited to, contracts, program scope, program organization, resourcing, plan development, and risk management
- Create, pitch and execute impactful employee programming (surprise & delight, experiential campaigns, samplings, etc)
- Serve as day-to-day point of contact for clients, with a focus on building long-term relationships and managing client expectations
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal departments (product, editorial, marketing, retail) and external vendors (computer vision, construction and refrigeration) to ensure successful installation and launch of computer vision Smart Cabinets and Eversys coffee machines
- Triage all client concerns and customer service inquiries, ensuring timely resolution and assessing trends/impact to mitigate risk
- Lead generator coordinator
- South Carolina State and National certifed.
- In office lead agent/Broker
- New real estate/Mortgage broker agent trainer
- Developed new client relationships utilizing public, private and paid data streams in office and industrial markets: Landlord agency/sales and Tenant/Buyer representation
- Agency: Directed all aspects of asset promotion and transaction cycle including market analysis, developing and coordinating marketing efforts, personally cold calling, networking, touring, negotiating
- Tenant/Buyer Rep: Provided needs analysis, market analysis, site selection, negotiations and facilitated transition to new space
- Oversee and manage commercial mortgage transactions
- Performing and reviewing title and off title searches
- Preparing interim/final reports and requisition letters
- Preparing security and corporate documentation in accordance with Lender and CMHC requirements
- Liaise with clients, lenders, solicitors' offices, brokers and insurance companies
- Ordering title insurance policies, ensuring requirements are met and unique circumstances are covered
- Facilitating subsequent advances under construction loans
- Managing commercial and residential sale, purchase and mortgage transactions
- Performing title and off title searches, addressing and rectifying title issues
- Team leader overseeing both retail and corporate locations
- Scope & budget
- Solicit and issue POs
- Lease Review
- Technology, Facilities, Security, Design, Construction, Signage
- Direct project managment & construction oversight of Corporate, Retail, & Independent branch locations
- Guide & navigate core teams from leasing, design, construction, technology, facilities, security, and owner vendors
- Executed real estate integration objectives as a result of the $20+ billion acquistion of TD Ameritrade
- Conducted TA reports for several multi million pound developments covering offices, hotels, residential and mixed use schemes
- Advised a major bank on real estate development processes and supplied data & benchmarks to calibrate their Basel II models
- Developed team process and procedures to ensure quality standards met
Check the Real Estate Sales Manager job description for inspiration. Look for similarities between your employer’s values and your experience.
Action verbs for your real estate sales manager resume
Top real estate sales manager skills for your resume
Real estate sales manager resume skills section checklist:
- Match your hard skills to the job description;
- Add keywords to pass applicant tracking systems;
- Don’t list soft skills such as ’teamwork’ – rather, mention how they’ve helped you gain success in some other sections of your Real Estate Sales Manager resume;
- List only skills you actually have, keep lying out of the picture.
Top skills for your real estate sales manager resume
Local Area Knowledge
Open House Procedures
When describing your experience, don’t go too far from its terminology. Recruiters use ATS systems to filter resumes based on them having certain keywords, so make sure you use at least a few keywords mentioned in the job description.
Real estate sales manager resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your real estate sales manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have policies about identifying information like photos on your Real Estate Sales Manager resume. Be sure to check all the relevant rules before submitting yours. If you’re in doubt, you can always try contacting the company’s HR department to ask for their policy.
Craft a strong real estate sales manager resume summary
Real estate sales manager resume summary checklist:
- Your total years of experience
- The industry you’re coming from
- One or two most remarkable accomplishments that have helped you - turn into a great professional
- Short sentences that add value – avoid filler words and phrases
Resume summary formula:
Highlight specific past projects that you’re most proud of in your summary. It sets an excellent tone for the rest of your resume. You can talk about all of your former jobs in your work experience section later on.
Highlight your education, certifications, and courses
What to include in your education and courses sections.
- Your highest education degree – this includes institution, course, and duration
- Certifications and courses that have helped you gain additional expertise
- Awards you’ve received as part of your education
- Entry-level positions only: relevant classes and projects
Top certifications for your real estate sales manager resume
Real Estate School of Sales
Be a top real estate broker/salesperson by this fast-track sales course
Luxury Home Real Estate Expert
Elevate your real estate business and break into one of the most difficult & lucrative markets; luxury real estate
Certified Real Estate Seller Specialist
Learn the million dollar strategies to generate more leads, win more clients & sell homes faster in any market
The Real Estate Financial Modeling Bootcamp
The Complete A to Z Guide to Modeling Real Estate Transactions in Microsoft Excel For Smarter Real Estate Investing
Real Estate Agent Training: Real Estate Leads for More Sales
Attract More Real Estate Leads as a Real Estate Agent or for Sale by Owner!
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Real Estate Sales Manager. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
Drafting a Job-winning Real Estate Sales Manager Resume
When drafting your resume, you can choose between three well-known formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which format you decide to go for depends on two things: your personal preference and how experienced you are.
The reverse-chronological format is ideal for both really experienced people and those who joined the workforce just a couple of years ago. It’s also great if your experience combines different industries and jobs. Here, your most recent position comes at the top of your resume.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is ideal for recent graduates or people who have no work experience whatsoever. It’s built around your skills, interests, and expertise. Ultimately, its goal is to show recruiters your biggest strengths and practical skills.
Combination resumes (also known as hybrid resumes) are great for all types of candidates – be they graduates, experienced professionals, or brave career changers. They usually follow a double-column format – one side focuses on your experience, while the other emphasizes your education, skills, interests, and accomplishments.
Here’s our resume format and style checklist:
- Choose a traditional resume font sized 12p;
- Go for standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Match the length of your Real Estate Sales Manager resume with your experience – choose a one-page template if you have less than 10 years of experience, and be careful with two-page templates;
- Send your resume in PDF – in this way, you’ll avoid formatting issues and potential editing from third parties.
And in case you want to go the extra mile, check out our guide for crafting a resume that stands out.
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
Other sections worth including in your real estate sales manager resume
Including other sections in your resume depends on the company, the position, and, ultimately, the industry. Here are some sections that will help you spice things up:
A real estate sales manager resume that stands out
Recruiters look at tens of resumes every day. That’s why helping them remember yours is crucial for landing an interview.
A creative resume can help you show off both your personality and your expertise at the same time.
Creative sections about passions, favorite books, quotes, and even your daily routine are a great way to make your resume feel like a breath of fresh air.
What’s more, it will also point recruiters to the fact that you’re attentive to detail and can think outside the box of Word-generated black and white resumes.
What makes a great real estate sales manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.