Professional Broker Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-01-30
Landing a job as a broker begins by writing a stand-out broker resume. No matter your industry of choice, from real estate to stocks, all successful brokers share common traits.
We’ll help you write that job-winning resume with these simple tips. Follow along and let the interview requests come rolling in.
Check out our full guide on how to review your resume for additional tips.
How to write your Broker resume experience section
BrokerAV Trading BIResidential Real Estate Brokerage Firm BrokerResidential Real EstateForex trading broker BrokerMontesquieuPhotovoltaic
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a Broker resume:
- Certifications and licenses - Every industry and country has their own broker licenses, but one thing is for sure, most jobs require them. It’s the first thing that recruiters will look for on your resume.
- The right skills - Successful brokers have a mix of technical and soft skills. From computer skills and product knowledge to networking and negotiation, brokers should have it all.
- Industry specific experience - If you’re applying to be a stock broker, the hiring manager will be looking for past experience directly related to stocks. The same applies for every industry.
- Results oriented - Brokers are motivated by sales targets. Prove your results-oriented attitude by showing off impressive sales figures from your former roles.
- Excellent communication - From writing reports to meeting directly with clients, strong communication skills are a must-have for landing your dream role as a broker.
PRO TIPPersonalize each resume you send by mirroring the same keywords used in the job description. Are they looking for someone with 5+ years of experience? Sold a minimum of $3 million? Mention these facts directly in your resume.
How to describe your Broker resume skills
- Microsoft Office
- Business Development
Here’s how to include skills for Broker resume
How to use Excel in your Broker resume:
Gained an excellent understanding of front-to-back trading operations.
How to use Salesforce in your Broker resume:
Manage team's daily activity of outbound/inbound calls and effective selling to key decision makers via Amazon call reporting & Salesforce as the primary CRM system
How to use Microsoft Office in your Broker resume:
Topics of training were DOS, Writing Batch Files, Novell administration, Networking concepts, Installation and configuration of Novell servers, Introduction to OS/2, Unix and Microsoft Office.
How to use Word in your Broker resume:
WordPress development and website optimization
How to use Python in your Broker resume:
There I had an internship and worked on Css+Html and a little bit of Python in the back-end.
How to use SQL in your Broker resume:
Led design team at Nabisco responsible for developing a Standard User Request Facility to handle service requests. Application was developed using VB and a SQL Server database, which housed all relevant user information from the AS400, LAN, and Mainframe environments. Reduced human intervention of requests, which improved response to user requests by 40%.
How to use Business Development in your Broker resume:
3 year growth and new business development in a mainstream conventional supermarket grocery chain. 2013 sales trend upon account inheritance was estimated at $8 million annual sales; 2016 fiscal year closed at $16.2 million, with an overall sales growth of +105.62% in 3 years.
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Broker resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Broker resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Try free for 7 days
Variety of custom sections