According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Real Estate positions are at a slower than average growth rate, which is 4%. With that said, there are currently 518,800 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 21,800 to 540,600 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Real Estate jobs was $51,220 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $25,460, and the highest 10% more than $174,120.
Our conclusion? The Real Estate job market is facing competition due to decreasing demand.
Top estate agent sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
How to write an estate agent resume experience section
Estate agent resume experience: checklist
- Use either chronological or reverse-chronological format when listing your previous jobs;
- Mention only relevant positions that add value to your resume;
- Briefly state the challenges you’ve faced and how you’ve overcome them;
- Highlight the results from your efforts (for bonus points, add numbers, percentage rates, etc.);
- Forget about buzzwords! Use power verbs instead.
Use the examples below to build your own experience section!
- Lead generator coordinator
- South Carolina State and National certifed.
- In office lead agent/Broker
- New real estate/Mortgage broker agent trainer
- Shadowed an agent who focuses primarily on developer clients and investors
- Participated in weekly agent meetings
- Performed market research on each DC neighborhood by previewing properties and running CMAs / RPR Property Reports
- Determine clients’ needs and financial abilities to propose solutions that suit them
- Intermediate negotiation processes, consult clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements, and related matters, ensuring a fair and honest dealing
- Perform comparative market analysis to estimate properties’ valueDisplay and market real property to possible buyersPrepare necessary paperwork (contracts, leases, deeds, closing statements, etc)
- Cooperate with appraisers, escrow companies, lenders, and home inspectors
- Promote sales through advertisements, open houses, and listing services
- Remain knowledgeable about real estate markets and best practices
- Prepare documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, closing statements, leases, and deeds.
- Showed properties to potential buyers and other brokers at open houses and by appointment.
- Guided clients from beginning to end of the home buying process in choosing the right property.
- Negotiated contracts on behalf of clients.
- Developed and maintained relationships with clients through networking, postcards and cold calling.
- Managed contracts, negotiations and all aspects of sales to finalize purchases and exceed customer expectations.
- Created and implemented marketing plans to drive sales.
- Followed up with prospective buyers regarding incentives from the builder and new developments in the surrounding area.
- Maintained connections with clients to encourage repeat business and referrals.
- Met all monthly and quarterly sales goals.
- Delivered positive, effective sales presentations.
- Developed and maintained a list of properties suited to different needs and budgets.
- Acted as liaison between buyers and sellers to ensure positive experiences for both parties.
- Presented purchase offers to sellers for consideration.
- Communicated with clients to understand their property needs and preferences.
- Advertised client properties on websites, through social media and in real estate guides.
- Perform sales's transactions at prime locations in Tel Aviv
- Making real-time decisions during daily work
- Initiates and coordinates meetings with potential customers
- Increasing customer share by negotiating
- Perform sales's transactions throughout the country.
- Referring customers to suitable loans and mortgages
- Customer facing service include negotiating and taking real time decisions
- Working under pressure and meeting targets
- Developing the sales service system and assimilating service awareness
- Provide sellers with suggested sale price
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of buyers and sellers
- Help buyers with the sale and purchase process
- Hold open houses and talk to prospective buyers
- Close sales
- Experience in renting, buying and selling properties
- Good knowledge of real estate laws and procedures
- Wide knowledge of people management procedures
- Familiarity with marketing techniques
- Ability to convince customers to buy properties
- Ability to develop good relationships with prospective customers
- Closed multiple buy deals up to a total of $ 2M.
- Served and closed transaction for multiple Lease clients.
- Knowledgeable on lease and sales agreements.
- Received positive feedback and ratings on Zillow & Realtor.com
- Awarded "Agent of the mount" 3 times for having the largest number of signed contracts.
- Managed a portfolio of over $13M in sales.
- Built and remodeled Residential Real Estate with an accumulated resale profit exceeding 2.4 million dollars.
- Signed 4 exclusive sales contracts with sellers.
- Worked with 3 real estate agents to find 5 new renters.
- Leveraged real estate expertise to lead real estate course instruction for classes ranging in size from 8 to 30 students.
- Professionally managed 10+ rental properties
- Firmly negotiated contracts and championed the sales process to finalize purchases and exceed customer's expectations
- Developed and expanded an arsenal of properties suited for different needs and budgets for both the commercial and industrial use
- Ethically represented buyers and sellers of both developed and undeveloped properties
- Successfully marketed and sold client's properties through hosting open houses and using online advertising and print media
- Selected alongside 5 of 25 agents to represent three respective exclusive properties in Northern Brooklyn
- Closed 85+ rental transactions
- Successfully attained and managed all aspects 85+ exclusive listings
- Perform apartment/property tours, explained terms of occupancy, lease terms, and highlighted benefits of the property
- Chairman’s Award, Prudential Realty, 2004
- San Diego Magazine 5 Star Customer Service Award 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012,2014
- Part of Founding Team for Pacific Growth Sales Mission Valley and Alpine Offices
- Residential real estate for sale and lease
- Complete management of rented property for tourist use
- Coordination and development of new (digital) real estate and touristic portals
- Digital Marketing and international customer acquisition (Norther Europe and China)
- Manage rent or purchase orders for customers (mostly foreigners) from start to finish in a timely, polite and professional manner
- Communicate with clients and strictly understand and satisfy their requirements
- Assist in finding what they are looking for
- Negotiate terms with lessee and lessor
- Help both sides through the whole process with preparation of a contract
- Train and oversee a team of 3-4 estate agents
- Manage rent orders for customers from start to finish in a timely, polite and professional manner
- Negotiate terms with lessee and lessor
- Help both sides through the whole process with preparation of a contract
- I succeed online marketing for Real Estate.
- I skillful to take a photo.
- I had over 50k customer on my website.I succeed online marketing for Real Estate.
In writing your Estate Agent resume, you will no doubt want to list your previous duties - as you should. But steer clear of just listing your duties, instead of your achievements. Make your resume stand out by communicating what you have done, and not merely what the job needed you to do.
Action verbs for your estate agent resume
Estate agent resume: the skills section!
How to write a strong estate agent resume skills section?
- Make sure to include all types of skills - soft, hard, technical;
- Focus on skills that show your expertise in the field;
- Check the job description for keywords and make sure to add them to your resume – this will help you pass ATS;
- Leave room for discussion – elaborate on some of your strongest skills in other sections of your resume
Top skills for your estate agent resume
Local Area Knowledge
Open House Procedures
Add a Talent Section to your resume, where you can pick your top 3 soft skills and describe how you used them to complete a project or balance departmental communication.
Estate agent resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your estate agent resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have policies about identifying information like photos on your Estate Agent resume. Be sure to check all the relevant rules before submitting yours. If you’re in doubt, you can always try contacting the company’s HR department to ask for their policy.
A career summary for your estate agent resume
Things to include in your estate agent resume summary:
- Your total years of experience in the industry;
- 2-3 of your most remarkable achievements so far;
- How your experience relates to the position you’re applying for;
- A very brief description of your strengths.
Resume summary formula:
Include a link to your portfolio in your resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
Estate agent resume: the education section
Things to include in your resume's education section:
- Your highest education degree – including course, year of graduation, institution;
- Awards received as part of your education;
- Extracurricular activities that have helped you gain relevant skills;
- Certifications that have helped you master new skills and increase your expertise;
- Entry-level applicants only: relevant courses and projects.
Top certifications for your estate agent resume
The Step By Step Course For New Real Estate Agents
How To Close 1-3 Deals Every Month
Agent Payday: The Complete Done-For-You Real Estate Business
Everything need to know to sell 12-24 homes this year and get a HUGE payday!
Virtual Transaction Coordinator for Real Estate Agents
Build a Team, Delegate Tasks, Monitor Results Remotely & Deliver Extraordinary Service to Clients by Using GoogleDocs
The Modern Real Estate Agent
Learn the most effective skills to dominate your real estate market and be the best agent possible
Learn How To Become An Ultimate Buyers Real Estate Agent
Buyers Real Estate Agent Talking Points and Real Estate Scripts To Get The Business
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
Choosing the right format for your estate agent resume
In general, there are three basic formats for your resume:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Some things to consider when choosing the right format for your Estate Agent resume include the stage of your career, whether you have all the right skills required for the job or are looking for an industry change, and what field you’re looking to grow in.
The reverse-chronological resume format is the most common one. It lets you describe your most recent job and then move backward. This makes it great for people who have around or less than 10 years of experience and are looking to highlight only their work-related skills and qualities.
If you’re just starting your career journey and reverse-chronological resumes sound too demanding, go for the functional resume format. It’s ideal for showcasing your strengths, personal qualities, skills, education, and the courses you’ve taken, without putting too much pressure on experience and expertise.
Don’t worry if neither of these sounds suitable for you – the hybrid or combination resume format will surely match your needs. It’s similar to the reverse-chronological, but with a catchy twist. Combination or hybrid resumes are great for showcasing both your experience and work-related skills and your personal qualities. Add a “What my day looks like” section for enhancing the jaw-dropping experience!
Here are some more things worth remembering when it comes to formatting your Estate Agent resume:
- Choose standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for traditional resume fonts sized 10-12p;
- Match the length of your Estate Agent resume with your experience – choose a one-page template if you have less than 10 years of experience, and be careful with two-page templates – use them only when applying for executive positions;
- Save your resume in PDF to avoid formatting issues and potential unauthorized editing.
Tired of getting rejected? Check out this article on how to craft a resume that stands out!
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
Other sections suitable for your estate agent resume
Depending on the position and the industry, you can spice your resume up by adding some more sections. They will help the recruiter get a glimpse of who you are as a person, besides all your job-related skills and qualities.
Here are some examples:
How to add creativity to your estate agent resume
Gone are the days when creative resumes were frowned upon by recruiters!
What’s more, the right amount of creativity will make recruiters remember you and want to learn more about who you are – both as an individual and as a professional.
There are two ways to build a creative resume - add creative sections or go for a more creative design approach in general. Go for whatever suits you, the position, and the industry most!
What makes a great estate agent resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.