Top freelance marketing consultant sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
What to write in your freelance marketing consultant experience section
Perfecting your freelance marketing consultant resume experience section:
- Focus on results, not responsibilities;
- Use 4-6 bullet points per position;
- List only positions that are relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Include at least some form of quantitative data – it can be linked to the number of people you’ve managed or the - percentage decrease in costs that’s followed from your work - you decide;
- Choose action verbs over buzzwords.
We’ve collected some of the top resume experience sections from real Enhancv users. Check them out when drafting your own Freelance Marketing Consultant resume!
- Recruiting new employs
- Organizing workshops
- Create strategic marketing plans and lead creative team in implementation
- Establish an ecosystem of social media congruency
- Design logos and other branding materials
- Produce short-form videos to build narrative and/or brand
- Executed keyword research and competitor analysis for SEO
- Advised on on-site SEO, website CRO, social media marketing, content marketing & influencer marketing strategies
- Worked on off-site SEO: building backlinks using the skyscraper and the broken link techniques, link reclamation, unlinked brand mentions, etc.
- Written over 250+ pages of written content ranging from blog posts to informational guides for a client's new online store/website
- Helped a FinTech firm improve their company website and optimize it for marketing and SEO purposes. Successfully executed all milestones and got on-boarded for a long-term project related to business development and marketing/social media management
- Analyzed client's 10 competitors for their social media presence in Excel and created profiles for all of them for comparison purposes; aided the client in understanding and analyzing their competitors' social media strategies to develop their own
- Conducted research on the flow of aid to developing countries post-COVID; as a follow-up I analyzed different countries in this context and assessed the impact of aid reductions on their NGO/Social Enterprise ecosystem and compiled a list of social enterprises operating across various sectors
- Working as a part-time/freelance Research Analyst for a non-profit; helping them vet other organizations based on financial, legal, thematic, and impact/influence parameters
- Conducting lead generation, email, and LinkedIn outreach campaigns for an Australia-based digital marketing agency as part of a long-term contract. Using tools like Apollo.io, Snov.io, Google Sheets, Airtable, Hubspot, Hunter.io, LinkedIn, etc.
- Working as an operations and business strategy/transformation consultant for a U.S.-based coaching company
- Editor: Content editing (writing and speaking) for editorial projects.
- Digital marketing: development of digital communication projects, branded content and new digital format.
- Content Creation for mobile app, sports Commentator. Serie A TIM APP.
- Branded Content: developing new strategies and items.
- More than 100+ live events running commentary
- Strategic messaging
- Content creation
- Audience engagement
- Thought leadership
- Strategic communications planning and execution
- Developed the e-commerce portal from scratch using Shopify
- Integrated third-party plugins to enhance customer experience
- Delivered holistic digital marketing strategy and provided ongoing advisory services
- Designed and lead digital marketing campaign for Dr. Carl June from University of Pennsylvania on behalf of Applied Informatics Inc
- Formulated and executed SEO strategy for CenterWatch.com
- Defined digital marketing best practices for Applied Informatics and their group companies like TrialX and CureTalks.com
- Passion for Digital Marketing
- Ability to work with autonomy and collaborate
- Creative and Funny
- Organized (OCD Level)
- Create, plan and implement a marketing strategy
- Toolbox of key measurement tools available
- Developing social presence and advocating brands effectively
- Stay current with marketing trends and news e.g. Google updates and changes in algorithms
- Knowledge in key areas of marketing (SEO, social media, content marketing, email marketing, and SEM)
- Strategic planning: goals, Personas, Buyer’s journey analysis, audits, Business model
- User Acquisition strategies: SEO, SEM, social media planning and scheduling with Hubspot and Hootsuite
- User Engagement strategies: content marketing, contextual content softwares, lead generation, marketing automation, Email marketing
- Conversion and sales strategies: lead scoring models, CRM, attribution models
- Customer loyalty and retention strategies
- Growth strategies to drive engagement to CEO´s social media profiles.
- Digital Media Content creation for all digital profiles.
- Motion Graphics animation and gif´s for relevant social media profiles.
- Audiovisual; pre and post-production for company.
- Copy for content.
- Creation and delivery of SEO strategies
- Development and management of email marketing campaigns
- Management of PPC campaigns
- Configuration, reporting and monitoring of analytics
- Content marketing campaign setup and execution
- Management of display and remarketing campaigns
- Website content management and optimisation
- Development of inbound marketing strategies using content marketing tools
- Multi-channel outreach campaigns
- Social media advertising
- Growing and engaging an online community with over 400,000 newsletter subcribers
- Content generation (company articles, event reviews, business descriptions) using Medium.com
- Managing vendors relations and communicating with partners: Monster, LinkedIn, Jobstreet, CVENT, Infobip, Typeform
- Highly involved with the digital renewal of the company
- Weekly reports the activities of over 60 recruiters and provides insights of data analytics to senior management
- Google AdWords & Google analytics, MailChimp, CVENT, Typeform
- Event management: Project lead for C-level breakfast RPA forum
- External relations and Stage Manager for Leadership Summit (400+ participants)
- On-Page & Off-Page SEO
- Creating Meta Tags and Keywords for Websites
- Google Planner for Generating Keywords
- Working With SEO Strtegic Plan
- Preparing On-Sites Reports for Clients
- Handling all Social Media Channels for Netsmartz and Caresmartz
- Creativity and marketing skills on improving brand awareness, sales and promote business through social networks
- Manage marketing content to socialize
- Develop social media tactics and strategies and other Digital Marketing activities
- Increase targeted followers on Social Networks
- Drafted monthly marketing plans and set goals as KPIs and milestones
- Implemented improvements on UI/UX, SEO and E-commerce functionalities
- Developed a road map for future marketing and SEO implementations
- Acted as a point of contact for speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Client satisfaction averaged at 8.6/10
- Generated leads from cold calls 100 + merchants a day
- Experienced and managed more than 4 national brands of different sectors of activity
- Managed multinational design team in 3 continents
- Trained 500+ Telecom personnel on fintech products in Asia
- Helped raise $5000 in funding that resulted in 8 more students graduating Creating First Impressions program
- Increased client revenue by USD200,000/m through minor product adjustment recommendations
- Successfully completed all 9 projects on schedule and within budget
- 5M Euro Incremental Revenues generated per year
- Increased the number of clients from 20 to 50 in the content and SEM area
- Created social media campaigns for 120+ tenants for lead generation
- Helped the universities marketing team to generated over 1000+ targeted leads
- Achieved 100% ROI in 2016 - Ramadan campaign via Facebook
- Conceived, developed, pitched, and implemented global web strategy for US $4B business unit
- Devised and implemented a PPC strategy which led to increased conversion rate of 50% at top of funnel
- Led 5 team members to deliver marketing services
- Created social media campaigns for 120+ tenants for lead generation
Show off real numbers that display your accomplishments in past roles. Instead of listing out your responsibilities as Freelance Marketing Consultant, talk about the measurable impact you made to their business. Did you boost their revenue? Increase customer retention? Mention your proudest points on your resume.
Action verbs for your freelance marketing consultant resume
Freelance marketing consultant resume skills section to impress recruiters
Checklist for a perfect Freelance Marketing Consultant resume skills section:
- Make sure to include most if not all essential skills for the job;
- Check the job description and add some keywords to pass ATS;
- List both hard and technical skills;
- When it comes to soft skills – elaborate on them in other sections of your resume (e.g. the experience section).
Top skills for your freelance marketing consultant resume
Leadership and project management
When picking skills to feature in your resume, make sure they'll be relevant to the position you’re applying to. The point of listing skills is for you to stand out from the competition. Stay away from repetitive, meaningless skills that everyone uses in their resumes. Or else, they’ll backfire and make you look like an average candidate.
Freelance marketing consultant resume header: Tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your freelance marketing consultant resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Include a link to your portfolio in your Freelance Marketing Consultant resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
Writing an effective freelance marketing consultant resume summary
Impressive freelance marketing consultant resume summary checklist:
- Point out the achievements that make you a valuable applicant;
- Mention the total years of experience you have;
- Highlight the things you believe make you the best fit for the position;
- Keep it short: aim at having no more than 3-5 sentences.
Resume summary formula:
When writing a resume summary or objective, avoid first-person narrative.
Drawing the attention to your freelance marketing consultant resume education section
Crafting a job-winning education section:
- Use the reverse-chronological format when listing your degrees;
- Tailor the classes you’ve taken to the position you’re applying for if you’re an entry-level candidate;
- Mention the awards and honors you’ve received;
- Add your certifications (but only those relevant to the position).
Top Certifications for your Freelance Marketing Consultant resume
10 Paths To Freedom: How Can I Work For Myself?
Learn How To Start a Freelance Business, and How To Use Personality Testing To Choose The Right Business For You
Become A Digital Marketing Professional | Freelance Career
Start Your Digital Marketing Career & Master Marketing Skills Like Content Marketing, SEO, Facebook Ads & Google Ads.
Marketing for Coaches: High Ticket Clients
Marketing for Coaches, Freelancers, and Consultants
Digital Marketing Course 2022: Be a Digital Marketing Nomad
Learn Digital Marketing, Copywriting, Ads, SEO, Video Creation. Become a Digital Marketing Nomad. Freelance and Travel.
Social Media Marketing Agency : Digital Marketing + Business
Learn to build a business, find clients, & social media marketing all in one. Facebook ads, Instagram, Google ads & ...
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Freelance Marketing Consultant. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
Choosing the best format for your freelance marketing consultant resume
The content of your Freelance Marketing Consultant resume is what will get you hired, right?
But even when your content’s amazing and you’re a true over-achiever, recruiters might not think you’re a good fit if your resume looks messy or is not formatted the right way.
In general, there are three basic resume formats we advise you to stick with:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Deciding which one to use depends on your experience, the industry, and the company. In short — you need to know what your applicant profile is.
For instance, reverse-chronological resumes are great for people with over 10 years of experience and no employment gaps. Here, you need to list all your relevant experience in a reverse-chronological format, starting from the most recent and going back to less recent positions.
Functional skills-based resumes, on the other hand, are great for entry-level applicants, graduate students, or people who have different kinds of experience. It focuses on skills, education, and character traits, rather than experience.
If none of these work for you, and you dream of adopting a more creative approach that makes a difference, the combination (or hybrid) resume format is exactly what you’re looking for. It allows you to focus on both your experience and your skills, making it a ‘best of both worlds’ format. It’s also suitable for those who want to spice things up by adding different creative sections (e.g. ‘life philosophy’ or ‘what my day looks like’).
Here are some additional tips on perfecting your resume layout and style:
- Go for a traditional resume font sized 12p;
- Use standard 1-inch resume margins for increased readability;
- Make sure your resume fits on a one-page template. In case you’ve got 10 years of experience or more, your resume’s length can reach two pages;
- Avoid unwanted editing and plagiarism – save your resume as PDF before sending it to the recruiters.
Want to take it a step further? Learn how to make your resume stand out without relying too much on creativity.
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
Want to include something more to your freelance marketing consultant resume?
So you’ve already listed details about your education, experience, and skills. You’ve also crafted an amazing summary.
But now you feel a creative urge to showcase your personality and not just your expertise.
We’ve got you! Thanks to our modern templates, you can now include a chart of what your typical day looks like or even a word or two about your life philosophy. All this without sacrificing your Freelance Marketing Consultant resume’s professional feel.
Some non-traditional sections for your resume include:
Making your freelance marketing consultant resume stand out
You want to make a strong first impression to all recruiters that get a hold of your resume. Sure you do! But how?
Well, the easiest way to stand out is by adding a bit of creativity to your Freelance Marketing Consultant resume. You could do this by going for a colorful layout or adding a creative section or two. It all depends on the industry and the position you’re applying for!
For instance, a position in design would allow for a more colorful resume, while a position in finance would probably not.
What makes a great freelance marketing consultant resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.