According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Sales Managers positions are at a 7% growth rate, which is as fast as average. With that said, there are currently 397,900 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 27,900 to 425,800 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Sales Managers jobs was $132,290 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $63,170, and the highest 10% more than $208,000.
Our conclusion? The Sales Managers job market is wide open for candidates.
Top assistant store manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
What to write in your assistant store manager experience section
Perfecting your assistant store manager resume experience section:
- Focus on results, not responsibilities;
- Use 4-6 bullet points per position;
- List only positions that are relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Include at least some form of quantitative data – it can be linked to the number of people you’ve managed or the - percentage decrease in costs that’s followed from your work - you decide;
- Choose action verbs over buzzwords.
We’ve collected some of the top resume experience sections from real Enhancv users. Check them out when drafting your own Assistant Store Manager resume!
- Retail operations
- Visual merchandising
- Team management
- Daily store operations
- Assistant Store Manager
- Visual Merchandiser in Store
- Nell' Aprile 2014 sono stato scelto come Assistant Store Manager per la new opening all'interno del Centro Commerciale Campania, Marcianise (CE). In uno Store di circa 500mq, il mio compito era quello di affiancare lo Store Manager nella piena gestione del PV , coordinare un team di 12 persone in termini di formazione e supporto commerciale, gestire il business plan nell'ottica del raggiungimento dei KPI con relative relazioni e analisi reports al fine di garantire il raggiungimento degli obbiettivi commerciali. Ho lavorato presso questa sede per due anni dopodiché sono stato selezionato per la start-up di un nuovo Store all'interno del Centro Commerciale Vulcano Buono di Nola (NA), dove sono tuttora in carica con le stesse mansioni, intraprendendo una sfida ancora più corposa.
- Dal 2016 ad oggi ricopro anche il ruolo di Visual Merchandiser in Store con supporti in Start-Up e interventi periodici su tutto il territorio nazionale ed estero.
- Identifying business growth opportunities
- Exceeding KPI's - Better performance in every major trading event YOY
- Lifted our services KPI from 3.2% to over 4%
- Recruitment & Performance Coaching, Co-Managing a team of 30-35
- Leading the most successful stocktake in this multi million dollar store
- Overlooking Sales floor, Storeroom, Admin and Delivery Hub
- Health and Safety Representative, Have lead H&S before
- Promoting a fun and exciting atmosphere for all
- Completed Store Managers Development Programme
- In-Store Apple Expert
- Projected to double growth in Business / CRU from 2020, 6 months into 2021.
- Proven growth in Entertainment Sales for the store
- Increased Growth in overall Gross Adds from 1.3% to 1.56% from 20-21
- Regularly communicated with many members of management
- Cold called numerous local businesses, and authored weekly reports.
- Ran business calls for the store
- Created custom lists and actions on Salesforce for team
- Effort metrics increased by 13%
- Assisting in increasing 2019 store's sales from an initial target of $3.2M to $4.8M.
- Identifying Arc'teryx gear need of 4 climbing gyms and connecting them to the corporate team for more revenue opportunities.
- Creating employee schedules and monitoring store costs.
- Forecasting and reviewing monthly financial targets.
- Working with the mall's management team on digital marketing.
- Identifying and leveraging free online advertising platforms during special promotions to attract more traffic in the store.
- Empowering co-workers to use their best judgment in all customer service matters to quickly resolve and address any customer complaints.
- Updating the store management team and staff on community involvement, KPI’s, targets, and status of goals regularly.
- Partnering with supervisors in creating quarterly plans & strategies.Working closely with the Community Marketing Manager and epicenter marketing leads.Collaborating with Niagara Outlet for the alignment of sales & promotions during holidays.Regular touch base with leads to help them achieve their development goals.Report to Store Manager, Community Marketing Manager & Epicenter Leader.
- Shift management
- Inventory Management
- Customer Service
- Store shrinkage went to $5,793 a 0.5% improvement from LY $19,349.
- Channel revenue increased with 38% and 15% EBITDA compared to 2013
- Opened 45 Stores in 5 years
- Tripled sales goals an average of 15% YoY.
- Headcount: Led and developed a team of 20 people at the largestU.A.E store at Mall of the Emirates.
- Team & Relationship: Created meaningful connections and was inrelationship with everyone in the team to produce the best solutionsand achieve results.
- Coaching: In-depth product knowledge and selling techniques.Constant improvement of the team with follow-ups and quizzes.
- Business: Did weekly business recaps, team scheduling, organizedmonthly staff and leadership meetings.
- Brand trainer: responsible for on-boarding and fundamental trainingprograms for new joiners.
- Community/Marketing Leader: Developed and created variousmarketing strategies and campaigns for the brand. Collaborated withother parties, formed long lasting and authentic relationship withpeople. Created and organized events for the brand.
- Visual Merchandising Leader: Responsible for the aesthetic image of the store. Strategies for – Sales Growth, Brand Identity, Product Story, Creative and Innovative Displays.
- Joined as a customer service assistant and promoted to Assistant Manager within one year due to quick capture of retail operation process and high performance
- Act as a Branch Manager and maintain daily branch operations, financial daily ledger balance, manage dynamic branch team, overseeing stock control, communicate effectively with head office and sales departments while report to Area manager
- Be a certified SA lottery & Gambling Attendant, completed Barista training, Hot dogs training, Brumby training
- Work with the team to maintain store at its best by filling shelves, discuss upskilling strategies, clean store ensures excellent customer experience
- Serve 300-400 customers daily under pressure while maintain standards, achieve sales target (Daily AUD $30,000 sales operations) with up selling strategies and build a good rapport with customer. - Significantly increased business by 28% through effective upselling strategies and building solid customer relationship
- Assisted 4 Sales Representatives in achieving Business Expert Status within 2 weeks of starting as an Assistant Manager and 2 additional Representatives over the following 2 months
- Effective in Managing a high performing Battleship Store Location while achieving maximum results
- Chosen by our DOS to act as a First Net Champion to help other leaders coach their team and share best practices
- Over 100% to goal for CRU monthly
- Established a team of 10 people covering all needs of two stores
- Managed employees and delegated daily tasks to employees
- Trained & Coached employees how to provide excellent customer service experience and how to use Point of Sales System
- Counting all opening and closing registers, entering all daily sales reports and goals
- Team Detailed Display Arrangements – Change and move displays according perimeter pack provided by corporate headquarters, making sure that signage is in place and merchandise is set according to the sales plan
- Developed into a Product Buyer, and adapted inventory to fit modern fashion trends
- Created a website to generated online sales and tracks customer's shopping habits
- Implimented Marketing Strategies to increase business and transition the store to an online presence
- Help meet daily and weekly sales goals
- Unload freight and help ensure shipment gets out on floor in timely manner
- Trained new hires in every area of the store
- Worked with excel to keep DM up to date on store levels, sales goals, etc Store Manager
- Proven 15.6% increase in Business sales
- Proven 70% growth in Entertainment Sales for the store
- Proven 44% avg growth in overall Gross Adds(close rate 1.34 to 1.78)
- Overall uplift in Team Moral and Atmosphere
- Uplift in Recognition for Team and Individual Performance
- Section manager
- Supporting store manager in all the daily procedures
- Training for assuming the Store's Manager position
- Analyzed and interpreted store trends to facilitate planning.
- Performed investigations on market flows to identify seasonal trends and forecast consumer needs.
- Applied performance data to evaluate and improve operations target current business conditions and forecast needs.
- Reviewed sales and gross profit reports determining options for increasing market growth.
- Reduced company expenditures and met budget targets by closely monitoring, tracking and controlling expenses.
- Met or surpassed business targets regularly through employee engagement and forward-thinking planning.
- Interviewed, hired and trained staff associates and equipped to comply with company policies and procedures.
- Supervised and evaluated staff, enabling them to improve skills, achieve daily objectives and attain advancement.
- Approved regular payroll submissions for employees.
- Verified inventory counts remained within monthly tolerance levels and compiled financial data in compliance with budget.
- Walked through store areas every monthly to identify and proactively resolve issues negatively impacting operations.
- To support the Store Manager in managing the day to day running of the store to maximise sales and optimize store standards and service within budgets
- Drive and monitor sales figures and stock analysis across the sales floor through utilization of available information resources to ensure all targets are met
- Communicate effectively to ensure the management team are aware of sales targets, relevant budgets and priorities
- Assist in the management of the recruitment process for retail operatives and supervis
- Optimise staff morale and promote a positive work environment whilst ensuring the team members are fully aware of their obligations in relations to company policies
- Identify training needs of the team and put plans in place to ensure these are met
- Monitor team management development and achievement of goals
- Direct management team to ensure department presentation and Point of Sale is consistent and in line with legislative requirement and company policy and procedures
- Plan in advance to accommodate all merchandise in overall layout of sales floor and ensure levels of stock are maintained and merchandised in line with Company guidelines to maximise sales
- Ensure management team and team members are familiar with are demonstrating excellent cus-tomer service standards at all times
- Manage customer issues and complaints in live with company standards and to ensure prevention of occurrence in the future
- Ensure that the store complies with the Company’s procedures on Health and Safety and Security
- Coordinated efforts between manufacturers, distributors and sellers.
- Kept records of packages of dispatched goods.
- Engaged in efforts to eliminate wastage in supply chain.
- Supervised members and distributed work into discrete tasks on a regular basis.
- Identified promising employees and groomed them further.
- Prepared invoices and challans of goods.
- Maitained a record of all returned and damaged shipments and made sure appropriate claims are addressed.
- Prepared montly reports to adhere with logistic department rules.
- Monitored supplier activities to ensure timely deliveries of products.
- Increased sales volume by 24% LFL
- Increased store performance to 19%;
- Increase yearly average sale by 16%;
- Develop and present monthly report to Country Manager, with actionplan for next month focusing in solutions and actions to increasenumbers;
- Develop Sales Plan Forecast and Implement Action Plan;
- Daily Sales control and develop actions to improve;
- Managed staff of 4 sales associate and 2 operations coach;
- Manage weekly staff meetings to present results and next steps;
- Develop and propose marketing and mall actions to improve results;
- Control weekly store stocks comparing with sales performance bycategory in order to achieve ideal replenishment;
- Joined IKEA Qatar Store as Supervisor and be promoted to Manager Position within 2 years.
- Top 3 performance in sale department, in Sales turnover, Gross profit and Cost saving.
- Being selected to join the IKEA internal fast-tract program, targeting to senior leadership position, as one of the high potential managers.
Don't make the same mistake everyone else does. What we mean is, don't list your Assistant Store Manager job responsibilities instead of your achievements. Recruiters know what you do. They want to know what kind of difference you can bring to their company. Focus on what you've accomplished.
Action verbs for your assistant store manager resume
Assistant store manager resume skills section to impress recruiters
Checklist for a perfect Assistant Store Manager resume skills section:
- Make sure to include most if not all essential skills for the job;
- Check the job description and add some keywords to pass ATS;
- List both hard and technical skills;
- When it comes to soft skills – elaborate on them in other sections of your resume (e.g. the experience section).
Top skills for your assistant store manager resume
Research / Information Gathering.
When picking skills to feature in your resume, make sure they'll be relevant to the position you’re applying to. The point of listing skills is for you to stand out from the competition. Stay away from repetitive, meaningless skills that everyone uses in their resumes. Or else, they’ll backfire and make you look like an average candidate.
Assistant store manager resume header: Tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your assistant store manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Assistant Store Manager resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
Writing an effective assistant store manager resume summary
Impressive assistant store manager resume summary checklist:
- Point out the achievements that make you a valuable applicant;
- Mention the total years of experience you have;
- Highlight the things you believe make you the best fit for the position;
- Keep it short: aim at having no more than 3-5 sentences.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a brief but informative introduction to your experience section. In this section you should go into more depth about what you have done, and how you did it.
Drawing the attention to your Assistant Store Manager resume education section
Crafting a job-winning education section.":
- Use the reverse-chronological format when listing your degrees;
- Tailor the classes you’ve taken to the position you’re applying for if you’re an entry-level candidate;
- Mention the awards and honors you’ve received;
- Add your certifications (but only those relevant to the position).
Top certifications for your assistant store manager resume
The Project Management Course: Beginner to PROject Manager
The Complete Course for becoming a Successful Project Manager
Intune Training with Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MDM / MAM)
Learn how to use Microsoft Intune quickly! This course features hands on activities & simulations you can practice 24/7
Social Media Management - The Complete 2019 Manager Bootcamp
Become a freelance social media manager | Start a management business | Work from anywhere | Achieve financial freedom
Must-Have Skills (Training) for Virtual Assistants in 2022
Get training for the most frequently requested services (+ free delegation eBook and TONS of templates and scripts).
Microsoft SCCM/Endpoint Configuration Manager for Beginners
The fluff-free SCCM course that shows you how to install and administrate SCCM within your network, screen-by-screen
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
Choosing the best format for your assistant store manager resume
The content of your Assistant Store Manager resume is what will get you hired, right?
But even when your content’s amazing and you’re a true over-achiever, recruiters might not think you’re a good fit if your resume looks messy or is not formatted the right way.
In general, there are three basic resume formats we advise you to stick with:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Deciding which one to use depends on your experience, the industry, and the company. In short — you need to know what your applicant profile is.
For instance, reverse-chronological resumes are great for people with over 10 years of experience and no employment gaps. Here, you need to list all your relevant experience in a reverse-chronological format, starting from the most recent and going back to less recent positions.
Functional skills-based resumes, on the other hand, are great for entry-level applicants, graduate students, or people who have different kinds of experience. It focuses on skills, education, and character traits, rather than experience.
If none of these work for you, and you dream of adopting a more creative approach that makes a difference, the combination (or hybrid) resume format is exactly what you’re looking for. It allows you to focus on both your experience and your skills, making it a ‘best of both worlds’ format. It’s also suitable for those who want to spice things up by adding different creative sections (e.g. ‘life philosophy’ or ‘what my day looks like’).
Here are some additional tips on perfecting your resume layout and style:
- Go for a traditional resume font sized 12p;
- Use standard 1-inch resume margins for increased readability;
- Make sure your resume fits on a one-page template. In case you’ve got 10 years of experience or more, your resume’s length can reach two pages;
- Avoid unwanted editing and plagiarism – save your resume as PDF before sending it to the recruiters.
Want to take it a step further? Learn how to make your resume stand out without relying too much on creativity.
Test your draft Assistant Store Manager resume by sending it out to peers and mentors in your circles. Ask them to review it as if they are hiring you for a project and implement the feedback afterwards.
Want to include something more to your assistant store manager resume?
So you’ve already listed details about your education, experience, and skills. You’ve also crafted an amazing summary.
But now you feel a creative urge to showcase your personality and not just your expertise.
We’ve got you! Thanks to our modern templates, you can now include a chart of what your typical day looks like or even a word or two about your life philosophy. All this without sacrificing your Assistant Store Manager resume’s professional feel.
Some non-traditional sections for your resume include:
Making your assistant store manager resume stand out
You want to make a strong first impression to all recruiters that get a hold of your resume. Sure you do! But how?
Well, the easiest way to stand out is by adding a bit of creativity to your Assistant Store Manager resume. You could do this by going for a colorful layout or adding a creative section or two. It all depends on the industry and the position you’re applying for!
For instance, a position in design would allow for a more colorful resume, while a position in finance would probably not.
What makes a great assistant store manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.