Top Saas Sales sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a job-winning experience section: Saas Sales resume edition
Saas Sales Experience Section: Checklist
- List your positions in chronological or reverse-chronological order;
- Go for 4-6 bullet points;
- Add only relevant work experience;
- Include information about the challenges you’ve faced, the actions you’ve taken, and the results you’ve achieved;
- Use action verbs instead of filler words.
Use the examples below to build your own experience section!
- Achieved 150% of quota in 2019 and 2020 by driving new business growth and renewals in a highly competitive market
- Developed and implemented strategic account plans to increase revenue and expand customer base
- Built and maintained strong, long-lasting customer relationships resulting in a 95% retention rate and referrals to new customers
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of products and solutions according to customer needs
- Identified and communicated market trends, competitive threats, and unmet needs to management to deliver greater value to customers
- Exceeded sales targets by 20% on average through proactive and consultative interactions with customers to qualify accounts
- Prioritized and analyzed warm call lists of untapped accounts and customers resulting in a 25% increase in new business
- Renewed licenses for current customers by connecting them with the value of our full product suite resulting in a 90% renewal rate
- Operated as the lead point of contact for matters specific to customers including booking orders and entering support cases
- Forecasted and tracked key account metrics to identify and grow opportunities within the region
- Achieved 150% of sales quota in Q4 2021 by closing deals with 10 new enterprise-level clients
- Built and maintained relationships with key decision-makers in the construction and engineering industries
- Led a team of 5 account executives and provided coaching to improve their performance
- Analyzed market trends and identified new opportunities for growth in the region
- Collaborated with the marketing team to create targeted campaigns that increased brand awareness and generated leads
- Achieved 125% of sales quota in Q2 2019 by closing deals with 5 new clients
- Developed a deep understanding of clients' business pain points and provided solutions that drove their success
- Negotiated contracts and pricing with clients resulting in an average deal size increase of 20%
- Managed multiple projects and communicated progress effectively to internal and external stakeholders
- Provided feedback to product management on customer needs and competitive threats
- Consistently exceeded sales targets and achieved 120% of quota for 3 consecutive years.
- Led the sales team in negotiating and closing several large deals worth over $1 million each.
- Collaborated with the product development team to gather customer feedback and improve product features, resulting in a 20% increase in customer satisfaction.
- Achieved 130% of quota in the first year and consistently exceeded quota thereafter.
- Negotiated and closed several multi-year contracts with key customers resulting in significant revenue growth.
- Developed and delivered customized product demos and presentations to C-level executives.
- Increased upsell revenue by 25% and cross-sell revenue by 40% through effective account management.
- Collaborated with the customer success team to deliver exceptional customer experiences resulting in a 95% customer satisfaction rate.
- Identified and addressed customer pain points and objections resulting in successful renewals and contract extensions.
The person reading your Saas Sales resume will be busy, make sure you never waste their time with fluff.
Action Verbs for your Saas Sales Resume
Saas Sales Resume: How to Write a Strong Skills Section
How to write a strong Saas Sales resume skills section?
- Make sure to include all types of skills - soft, hard, technical;
- Focus on skills that show your expertise in the field;
- Check the job description for keywords and make sure to add them to your resume – this will help you pass ATS;
- Leave room for discussion – elaborate on some of your strongest skills in other sections of your resume
Top skills for your saas sales resume
CRM software proficiency
Sales pipeline management
Social media advertising
When describing your experience, don’t go too far from its terminology. Recruiters use ATS systems to filter resumes based on them having certain keywords, so make sure you use at least a few keywords mentioned in the job description.
Saas Sales resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Mastering the summary section: Checklist
- Mention the total years of experience you have in the field;
- Focus on 2 to 3 of your top achievements;
- Highlight the things that make you the best fit for the position;
- Go for short, easy-to-read sentences to keep the recruiter’s attention.
Resume summary formula:
Include a link to your portfolio in your resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
How to write a Saas Sales resume
There are three basic resume formats you can choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional resume format;
- Hybrid (or Combination) resume format;
The most optimal format for your particular case will depend on your years of experience, as well as whether you’re switching industries or not.
Reverse chronological resumes are best suited for experienced individuals who are sticking to their industry. The experience section takes a central place, and its bullets contain your responsibilities and achievements, coupled with numbers and results.
Functional resumes are used by less experienced jobseekers or career changers. Note that it’s not a format that recruiters prefer, as most are used to the classic chronological alignment. Instead of a list of job titles, functional resumes focus on your skills, and through what experiences you gained them.
Hybrid resumes are great for both experienced and entry-level candidates, as well as career changers. They combine the best of both worlds - most often in a double column format, where one side of the content is focused on your experience, whereas the other - on your skills, strengths, and proudest moments.
Our top style and layout resume format tips:
- Go for a standard 12p resume font;
- Choose 1-inch resume margins for a professional and easy-to-read feel;
- ry your best to fit your resume in a one-page template. If you’re a professional with over 10 years of relevant experience, having a two-page resume is also fine;
- Make sure to save your resume as PDF – this will help you avoid unwanted editing and formatting issues.
Read this: How to make your resume stand out