Top freelance production assistant sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
What to include in your freelance production assistant resume experience section
Freelance production assistant resume experience section checklist:
- Use at least 3 and no more than 7 bullet points per position;
- Make your experience sound relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Combine responsibilities, results, and critical situations that you’ve handled well;
- Show that you’re willing to take up on challenges;
- Include numbers in any form you like.
Looking for some real experience section examples? We’ve gathered the best Freelance Production Assistant resume samples to help you. Check them out before building your own resume!
- Served as Production Assistant for Truth vs. Hype, a weekly documentary program on NDTV 24*7
- Worked at the Production Control Room doing the studio camera and auto cue along with other technical jobs
- Worked at the Input Department doing News Research
- Collected bytes and reported for ‘homeless in winters’
- Did field camera with Out Broadcasting Van (OB Van)
- Production Assistant and Home Video Support for 'The Rising Stars of Comedy', comedy show at NDTV Prime
- Assisted the news team in shooting/editing news footage
- Creating and proofreading subtitles for news segments
- Rendered and checked on exports meeting broadcast regulations
- Responded to client inquiries regarding ongoing jobs, media files, transcripts, quotes and bookings and liaising with the UK office to ensure delivery of transcripts and translations to clients
- Took bookings for transcripts, post production scripts, translations, closed captions & subtitles, and accurate database input as well as preparation of costings and vigilance of job deadlines
- Carried out administrative and production tasks including sales reports, meetings, training, managing and scheduling typists & translators
- Work with Buyer to raise the purchase order sheet and enter in the system. Keep critical path updated
- Negotiate the cost price
- Daily communicate with both local and overseas suppliers regarding samples and production delivery to maintain the delivery schedule
- Attend fitting session to help technician team write the fitting comments, and provide the feedback to suppliers
- Maintain shipment samples and sample library
- Inspect new stock
- Assisted production coordinator for the Center for Broadcasting and Digital Media with various client requests and NJTV productions.
- Maintained schedule of equipment rentals, returns, and repairs.
- Prepare media equipment packages for students and class production needs, including set up for early morning pickups.
- Handled ordering of tools and materials for the artists in residency.
- Edited artist’s statements and catalogs to promote artists' careers within the inter-residency network (Prague, Paris, Dakar, Oslo).
- Promoted public events through social media, focused on reaching out to the expat community.
- Hosted live on radio and a short 3- minute competition giveaway.
- Produced, Directed and Edited a 30-second commercial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcjlWywZd84&feature=youtu.be
- Production Assistant and Casting Director on two 20-minute live television shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKU8FsAaZYw and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWqSIQFVNSk
- Assisted with the operations and day-to-day management of the primary sound stage.
- Reviewed edited footage for additional treatment and participated in editorial sessions.
- Transported and entertained talent.
- Weekly re-versioning sessions preparing material for on air for three Pay-TV channels (TV1000 Russian Kino, TV1000 Action and TV1000 Balkan)
- Ensuring legal clearance of promos for on-air use and according to technical standards
- Liaising closely with on air contacts in countries/territories to ensure optimal quality and on time delivery
- Assisting promo producers in researching and obtaining promotional footage
- Distribution of TV and Web spots for markets across Europe
- Scheduling channel branding, continuity elements, on-air promotion and timing the transmission schedules for two Pay-TV channels
- Creating promo placement charts. Analysing data to optimise promo usages for various promo campaigns
- Assist to the Programme Manager and Pay-TV team with ad hoc tasks such as creating a promoting wish list, writing and updating the inventory list, requests for channel branding elements
- Produced live events for NCAA Division I Football, Baseball and Basketball
- Handled script writing, creative development, graphics for video boards and post-production editing services
- Produced the FSU coach’s show with legendary Bobby Bowden which appeared on local, regional and national cable channels
- Won ADDY award for first copywriting assignment (marketing campaign for Vision 21 Telecommunications).
- Handled PR for Chicago stop of Cafe de Colombia International Waterski Tour.
- Hired talent, scouted locations & organized photoshoots for Mastercraft Ski Boats.
- Learned to buy media, do press checks, sell hunting knives, pitch new accounts, fix copy machines, answer phones and the power of direct mail.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of current audio and video production techniques.
- Report to manager any problems or issues that arise related to production duties including production equipment, software and tools.
- Assist with scheduling, editing and exporting music logs.
- Assist with copy writing and editing for audio/video production.
- Experience with digital audio recording systems and techniques.
- Managed the tape room of a busy commercials facility in Wellington.
- Provided continuous support for editors, 3D Animators and VFX artists.
- Liaised with producers, advertising agencies and clients.
- Producing and Production Assistant - Call sheets & shot lists (Creating, editing and distributing), location scouting, casting
- Pre-Production, Production & Post-Production
- Negotiating talent contracts (with talent agent)
- Some costume, makeup, lighting & set design experience
- Actor (inc. 3 series of an international TV production)
Show off real numbers that display your accomplishments in past roles. Instead of listing out your responsibilities as Freelance Production Assistant, talk about the measurable impact you made to their business. Did you boost their revenue? Increase customer retention? Mention your proudest points on your resume.
Action verbs for your freelance production assistant resume
Top freelance production assistant skills for your resume
Freelance production assistant resume skills section checklist:
- Match your hard skills to the job description;
- Add keywords to pass applicant tracking systems;
- Don’t list soft skills such as ’teamwork’ – rather, mention how they’ve helped you gain success in some other sections of your Freelance Production Assistant resume;
- List only skills you actually have, keep lying out of the picture.
Top skills for your freelance production assistant resume
Leadership and project management
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
Freelance production assistant resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your freelance production assistant resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have policies about identifying information like photos on your Freelance Production Assistant resume. Be sure to check all the relevant rules before submitting yours. If you’re in doubt, you can always try contacting the company’s HR department to ask for their policy.
Craft a strong freelance production assistant resume summary
Freelance production assistant resume summary checklist:
- Your total years of experience
- The industry you’re coming from
- One or two most remarkable accomplishments that have helped you - turn into a great professional
- Short sentences that add value – avoid filler words and phrases
Resume summary formula:
Read the job description carefully and understand what the hiring company is exactly looking for. After that, write your summary accordingly while highlighting your potential and ability to be the best at that job.
Highlight your education, certifications, and courses
What to include in your education and courses sections:
- Your highest education degree – this includes institution, course, and duration
- Certifications and courses that have helped you gain additional expertise
- Awards you’ve received as part of your education
- Entry-level positions only: relevant classes and projects
Top certifications for your freelance production assistant resume
How to Start Your Virtual Assistant or Freelance Business
Learn how to start and scale your freelance business offering business services.
21 Steps to Becoming a Virtual Assistant
Learn what it takes to build a success virtual assistant (or freelance) business in 30 days
How to Start Your Career as a Freelance Virtual Assistant
A step-by-step guide to starting your career as a Freelance Virtual Assistant.
Complete Web Design: from Figma to Webflow to Freelancing
3 in 1 Course: Learn to design websites with Figma, build with Webflow, and make a living freelancing.
Digital Nomad: How to find Freelancing Opportunities in 2022
Online Job Search for Digital Nomads : Freelancing and Virtual Assistant Masterclass
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Freelance Production Assistant. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
Drafting a Job-winning Freelance Production Assistant Resume
When drafting your resume, you can choose between three well-known formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which format you decide to go for depends on two things: your personal preference and how experienced you are.
The reverse-chronological format is ideal for both really experienced people and those who joined the workforce just a couple of years ago. It’s also great if your experience combines different industries and jobs. Here, your most recent position comes at the top of your resume.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is ideal for recent graduates or people who have no work experience whatsoever. It’s built around your skills, interests, and expertise. Ultimately, its goal is to show recruiters your biggest strengths and practical skills.
Combination resumes (also known as hybrid resumes) are great for all types of candidates – be they graduates, experienced professionals, or brave career changers. They usually follow a double-column format – one side focuses on your experience, while the other emphasizes your education, skills, interests, and accomplishments.
Here’s our resume format and style checklist:
- Choose a traditional resume font sized 12p;
- Go for standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Match the length of your Freelance Production Assistant resume with your experience – choose a one-page template if you have less than 10 years of experience, and be careful with two-page templates;
- Send your resume in PDF – in this way, you’ll avoid formatting issues and potential editing from third parties.
And in case you want to go the extra mile, check out our guide for crafting a resume that stands out.
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
Other sections worth including in your freelance production assistant resume
Including other sections in your resume depends on the company, the position, and, ultimately, the industry. Here are some sections that will help you spice things up:
A freelance production assistant resume that stands out
Recruiters look at tens of resumes every day. That’s why helping them remember yours is crucial for landing an interview.
A creative resume can help you show off both your personality and your expertise at the same time.
Creative sections about passions, favorite books, quotes, and even your daily routine are a great way to make your resume feel like a breath of fresh air.
What’s more, it will also point recruiters to the fact that you’re attentive to detail and can think outside the box of Word-generated black and white resumes.
What makes a great freelance production assistant resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.