Professional Event Planner Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-07-07
According to Forbes Magazine, Event Planner is the 5th most stressful job. And it's no wonder why: it requires around-the-clock work and a ton of organizing in a fast-paced environment.
So recruiters know the importance of hiring the right person. To show you're really cut out for the job, you need an exceptionally written Event Planner resume.
For a deeper look into what’s the best resume format for you based on experience, check out our guides:
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in an Event Planner resume
- Resume sections: Your resume should include a header, summary, experience, education, and skills section.
- Relevant experience: Recruiters want to know what kind of event planning experience you have. A corporate event planner has very different skills than a wedding planner.
- Results of your events: Don't just list your job responsibilities on your resume. What results did your events achieve? How many people attended? What was your ROI? How much did you raise brand awareness or boost membership?
- Impeccable organization: Like we said, event planning is stressful. There are a million moving pieces that go into planning a successful event. From SOPs and budget management to vendor negotiations and sponsorships, it takes some serious organization.
- Flexibility: No matter how much planning you do, things are bound to change. You need to be able to think on your feet and come up with new solutions. Not to mention, event planning is no 9-5 job.
PRO TIPEvent planning is an ever-evolving industry. There are constantly new technologies emerging. Join an event planning association to stay on top of trends and build industry connections. Recruiters appreciate candidates who are eager to learn and progress in their careers.
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Event Planner resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Event Planner resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Try free for 7 days
Variety of custom sections