Professional Athlete Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-01-30
Writing an athlete’s resume is a challenging yet essential step in your job hunt journey. It’s the milestone where most athletes get stuck when looking for new opportunities.
But don’t worry!
Our unique resume writing tips will help you craft a compelling resume that gets you hired.
For a deeper look into what’s the best resume format for you based on experience, check out our guides:
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in an athlete resume
- Leadership - Captains and athletic team leaders stand out for their outstanding leadership and decision making abilities inside and outside the field.
- Physical fitness - This is the most direct characteristic to reflect passion and discipline in many sports. Highlight how qualified you are by showing your physical fitness and ability to practice different sports.
- Team-oriented skills - Feature job-specific soft skills such as team play, active listening, communication, and problem solving.
- Athletic experience - Unlike any other job in the market, athletes can’t get away with not having any experience. Relevant education might be a plus, but highlighting your athletic experience is a necessity.
- Accomplishments - Describe your greatest athletic achievements and awards in professional terms. Then, make sure to demonstrate how your presence and hard work contributed to those wins.
PRO TIPRecruiters don't want to hear that you can do 20 different things. They want to know that you can do the few things required in the job application efficiently and without error. So, in any section you include in your resume, be sure to put crucial and relevant information first.
How to describe your Athlete resume skills
- Microsoft Office
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
Here’s how to include skills for Athlete resume
How to use Excel in your Athlete resume:
As valet attendant at the Lexington Hotel, I helped increase the average number of cars valeted per night from 15 to 27 by offering excellent customer service and being accommodating our guest needs.
How to use Customer Service in your Athlete resume:
Provide extensive knowledge of products and services while delivering outstanding customer service to assist in keeping our stores overall satisfaction score above 80 percent, one of the highest in the fleet
How to use Twitter in your Athlete resume:
Managed Twitter/IG handles for Dunk Contest & Nachoria
How to use Facebook in your Athlete resume:
Monitored cultural trends and produced content for Agency's Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr pages
How to use Project Management in your Athlete resume:
Project management from start to implementation.
How to use HTML in your Athlete resume:
How to use Tableau in your Athlete resume:
Saved $2,704 annually through development of lean visual tracking tool in Tableau to assist supervisors with employee accountability and motivation
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Athlete resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Athlete resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Try free for 7 days
Variety of custom sections