What are red flags on a resume?
Red flags on a resume refer to aspects of a candidate's background or experience that could potentially indicate that they would not be a good fit for a job. Some common red flags include:
- Frequent job changes or gaps in employment
- Lack of relevant experience or skills
- Poorly written or vague resume or cover letter
- Dishonesty or misrepresentation of information (e.g. fake degrees, inflated job titles)
- Negative comments from former employers or colleagues
- Evidence of poor performance or disciplinary action
It's important to note that not all red flags are deal breakers and it's important to consider the context and circumstances surrounding each one.