Top Online Teacher sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
How to craft the perfect Online Teacher resume experience section
Perfecting the Experience Section: Online Teacher Resume Checklist:
- Be careful with bullet points: use no more than 4-6 per position;
- Mention only positions that are relevant to the job you’re applying for;
- List your experience in chronological or reverse-chronological order;
- Highlight your results by using numbers – e.g. percentage increase/decrease in an important metric that’s followed by - your hard work;
- Use action words whenever possible… but more on that below.
Check out the examples below when building your experience section. They will help you stand out!
- Developed and implemented online lesson plans and materials that cater to different learning styles resulting in a 20% increase in student engagement and comprehension.
- Utilized technology to enhance teaching methods, such as interactive quizzes and educational games, which resulted in a 15% increase in test scores among students.
- Provided constructive feedback to students and their parents on their academic progress, resulting in a 30% increase in student retention and parent satisfaction.
- Collaborated with other teachers and administration to design and implement new teaching strategies and programs that improved student outcomes.
- Demonstrated professionalism and adaptability by consistently meeting deadlines and adjusting to changes in the online learning environment.
- Developed and implemented weekly lesson plans that followed the California state curriculum guidelines, resulting in a 25% increase in students' academic performance.
- Created a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students, which improved student satisfaction and retention rates by 35%.
- Collaborated with parents and guardians to discuss students' progress, address concerns, and provide guidance and resources for continuing education at home.
- Supervised and trained new teachers and teacher assistants, resulting in a 40% increase in employee retention and job satisfaction.
- Managed classroom budget and resources, including ordering and maintaining inventory, resulting in a 20% decrease in classroom expenses while maintaining high-quality materials.
- Designed and implemented a new curriculum for a beginner level English course, resulting in a 30% increase in student retention rates
- Developed engaging lesson plans and activities that incorporated multimedia tools and platforms, resulting in a 25% increase in student participation and satisfaction
- Provided personalized feedback and support to students to improve their language skills and confidence, resulting in a 20% improvement in test scores
- Collaborated with other teachers and staff to develop and implement best practices for online teaching and learning, resulting in a 15% increase in program effectiveness
- Received excellent feedback from students and supervisors for teaching effectiveness, professionalism, and dedication to student success
- Planned and delivered dynamic and engaging lessons that catered to students' diverse learning styles and needs, resulting in a 25% increase in student engagement and satisfaction
- Used authentic materials and real-life scenarios to provide an immersive language learning experience, resulting in a 20% improvement in students' speaking and listening skills
- Assessed and evaluated students' progress regularly using a variety of assessment tools and techniques, resulting in a 15% improvement in test scores
- Provided extra support and guidance to struggling students to help them achieve their language goals, resulting in a 10% improvement in overall class performance
- Collaborated with colleagues to develop and implement innovative teaching strategies and materials, resulting in a 5% increase in program effectiveness and efficiency
- Developed and implemented curriculum for English and Social Studies courses in alignment with state standards and best practices.
- Provided individualized support to students through online office hours and email, resulting in a 95% student satisfaction rate.
- Collaborated with other teachers and school administrators to develop and implement school-wide initiatives to improve student outcomes.
- Created a positive and inclusive classroom environment that fostered mutual respect and cultural understanding among students.
- Utilized various teaching methodologies, including communicative language teaching and task-based learning, to enhance student engagement and participation.
- Provided regular feedback and assessments to students to track their progress and inform future instruction.
- Designed and executed engaging and interactive lessons that met the diverse needs of learners and aligned with state standards.
- Collaborated with the cooperating teacher to assess student progress and adjust instruction as needed.
- Demonstrated strong classroom management skills, establishing clear expectations and routines that promoted a positive and respectful learning environment.
Check the Online Teacher job description for inspiration. Look for similarities between your employer’s values and your experience.
Action Verbs for your Online Teacher Resume
Online Teacher Resume Skills Section to Impress Recruiters
The Ultimate Online Teacher Skills Section Checklist:
- Balance between all kinds of hard skills – technical, analytical, etc.
- When it comes to technical skills, match them to the job description;
- Add keywords present in the job advert to pass ATS;
- Don’t forget to list transferable skills such as communication, teamwork, work ethic, and presentation skills.
Top skills for your online teacher resume
Assessment and Evaluation
Learning Management Systems (LMS)
Online Teaching Platforms
Add a Talent Section to your resume, where you can pick your top 3 soft skills and describe how you used them to complete a project or balance departmental communication.
Online Teacher resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Job-winning Online Teacher resume summary checklist:
- Mention your total years of experience in the field;
- Highlight one or two of your top achievements;
- Avoid getting into too much detail – you’ll do that in the experience section;
- Focus on short sentences that are easy to read and add value to your application.
Resume summary formula:
Highlight specific past projects that you’re most proud of in your summary. It sets an excellent tone for the rest of your resume. You can talk about all of your former jobs in your work experience section later on.
Choosing the Best Format for Your Online Teacher Resume
The content of your Online Teacher resume is what will get you hired, right?
But even when your content’s amazing and you’re a true over-achiever, recruiters might not think you’re a good fit if your resume looks messy or is not formatted the right way.
In general, there are three basic resume formats we advise you to stick with:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Deciding which one to use depends on your experience, the industry, and the company. In short — you need to know what your applicant profile is.
For instance, reverse-chronological resumes are great for people with over 10 years of experience and no employment gaps. Here, you need to list all your relevant experience in a reverse-chronological format, starting from the most recent and going back to less recent positions.
Functional skills-based resumes, on the other hand, are great for entry-level applicants, graduate students, or people who have different kinds of experience. It focuses on skills, education, and character traits, rather than experience.
If none of these work for you, and you dream of adopting a more creative approach that makes a difference, the combination (or hybrid) resume format is exactly what you’re looking for. It allows you to focus on both your experience and your skills, making it a ‘best of both worlds’ format. It’s also suitable for those who want to spice things up by adding different creative sections (e.g. ‘life philosophy’ or ‘what my day looks like’).
Here’s our resume format and style checklist:
- Choose a traditional resume font sized 12p;
- Go for standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Match the length of your Online Teacher resume with your experience – choose a one-page template if you have less than 10 years of experience, and be careful with two-page templates;
- Send your resume in PDF – in this way, you’ll avoid formatting issues and potential editing from third parties.
And in case you want to go the extra mile, check out our guide for crafting a resume that stands out.