According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Service Delivery Manager positions are at a 14% growth rate, which is faster than average. With that said, there are currently 907,600 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 124,400 to 1,032,000 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Service Delivery Manager jobs was $87,660 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $50,990, and the highest 10% more than $156,840.
Our conclusion? The Service Delivery Manager job market is wide open for candidates.
Top service delivery manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a job-winning experience section: Service Delivery Manager resume edition
Service delivery manager resume experience section: Dos and don'ts
- List 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Include only relevant job experience;
- Make sure to highlight your strongest skills by focusing on the challenges you’ve faced and the results you’ve achieved;
- Don’t use buzzwords that carry no meaning;
- Don’t share confidential information about your previous employers.
If you prefer to be led by example, check out some great Service Delivery Manager resume experience section snippets below!
- Lead and manage teams working from home - Profiling, SPIN DL, FOI, ATO National Tracing, Tax Practitioner Board referral work types
- Drives innovation implemented new profiling work type - led development & design of learning framework for DL Integrity Pilot, work value assessment & job profile review
- Develop transition strategy and successfully migrate four (4) new work types
- Innovates culture implement DL Integrity EL1 Community of practice
- Investigate complex and sensitive ATO representative complaint
- People & Performance management including Clause 92 termination & reduction of classification supporting wellbeing
- Develop capability of DL Integrity Team Leaders and teams
- Lead changing priorities with resource support to ATO contingent workforce, SD Complaints, DL Strategy, DL Management work types
- Stakeholder engagement utilising virtual platforms
- Support and guide on-boarding of new teams & probation management
- Coach and mentor for high performance, culture (OHAAT) and engagement
- Strong communication presented Integrity Pilot update to DL Executive
- Successful management of the day-to-day operations, customeroperational queries and change requests
- Coordination of all relevant resources for efficient customer support
- Focus on customer satisfaction, healthy customer relationship andprofitability
- Single point of contact for customer escalations at country and regional level
- Successful management of the day-to-day operations, Customer operational queries and change requests
- Coordination of all relevant resources for efficient Customer support
- Focus on Customer satisfaction, healthy Customer relationship and profitability
- Single point of contact for Customer escalations at country and regional level
- Developed Asset & Inventory Planner to accurately forecast requirements
- Reduced the slow moving assets/ inventory by more than 50% throughout the GZ
- Optimized the inventory consumption and depreciation cost line to have positive impact on EBIT/ EBITDA
- Implemented interactive business intelligence reporting throughout the GeoZone for Assets, Inventory and SQ
- Leading the Risk Assessment, MOC, Management Review of technical Investigation and Action Plan
- Implemented OEPS standards in local workshop, which will help district to become API Q2 compliant/ certified
- Manage Avante's service operations globally.
- Hold Key management position at Avante in making strategic decisions.
- Engage with Directors and C-Level executives for presales, relationship management and understanding business needs
- Re-evaluated and implemented a new performance management process across the company.
- Revamped the service operation across global offices.
- Formed a Devops team and processes to setup template solutions to achieve scale impact.
- Recruiting and Hiring across global locations.
- Developing and improving an internal IT Site Mobilisation Team responsible for mobilising over 300 construction sites and offices across 6 companies each year
- 5 direct reports
- Development and delivery of team strategy and customer engagement
- Maintaining and maturing customer relationships up to board level and overall customer satisfaction at all levels with all stakeholders
- Management of key communications suppliers
- Service Improvement
- High priority incident ownership and management
- Budget management and adherance
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual compliance checklists that track compliance with the account to meet client servicing requirements
- Serve as the point person to update and track risk and audit findings
- Analyzed and reported on incident trend data to identify and eliminate root causes
- Initiated actions to fix potential interruptions to service identified during proactive and trend analysis of the infrastructure
- Led and facilitated post-mortem investigations into high impact faults
- Implement relevant policies, processes and procedures and monitor adherence so that business can carry out work in a controlled manner
- Inform management on relevant innovations and best practices that contributes to the continuouity of the business
- Recommend procedural and system upgrade to improve system and operations performance
- Orchestrated the operational, tactical, and strategic direction of IT for a > $300M revenue company and 700 computing users.
- Managed Opex and Capex budgets - $6M Opex/$2M CAPEX per year.
- Deployed SAP ECC 6 to Americas business units providing an integrated ERP platform yielding productivity, collaboration, forecasting, and reporting improvements.
- Oversaw shift to outsourced IT model including all tiers of infrastructure and application support & a reduction of operating costs by 20%.
- Administered regional help desk, end-user computing, and infrastructure support tiers totaling > 1,000 support requests monthly and a > 90% SLA achievement.
- Owned all ITIL Service Management processes for the successful delivery of IT operations including Incident, Problem, Change, Request, Catalog, Event, and Capacity management.
- Orchestrated resource planning across all levels of the IT organization to successfully deliver against agreed service levels.
- Full representation of Global IT Operations in OneIT across all business units playing a key role in providing excellent IT Service and ensuring Service Delivery integration.
- Responsible for assisting Global IT Operations with local communications to the business units including the GIO strategy.
- Providing support to local business units in ensuring adherence to IT standards and best practices.
- Helping to co-ordinate, supporting, teams within the Global OneIT organisation and within the local business units/regions where required.
- Accountable for assisting on an individual assignment basis in International projects.
- Responsible for supporting change programs across the Business Units.
- Accountable for ensuring that all local vendor management is executed well with the global supplier relationships including Business Unit reviews.
- Provide IT escalation and crisis management, IT expertise and IT support for resolving in-country problems and issues.
- Developing and managing the Global<->Local relationship in the local region and assist in actively constructing effective relationships across the group.
- Providing support to the Regional IT Directors and country boards where needed.
- Overall 12% increase of the global revenue on the account
- Build up new core team with 3 customer focus stream + leading team of >10 key members
- Strength up partnership with the customer which resulted in signing of new deals
- Y2019 OE target overachieved already in H1 2019
- Contract prolongation by +5y
- Signing new SAP HANA service worth 5 mil Eur
- Building SAP roadmap with the customer - increase level of partnership
- Part of the account core team (4 members)
- Contract extension (only SAP part) by 2y
- Executive Service Delivery Manager certification
- Devising and implementing cost reduction methods.
- Overseeing the management and utilization of financial and budgets.
- Directing customer services and assessing customer feedback to improve on the services offered.
- Collaborating with team leaders in analyzing the company's services, delivery criteria, and developing solutions for issues that may arise.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with customers.
- Implemented branch internal controls and ensured effective operations.
- Managed branch operations and maintained high standards of service delivery with exceptional levels of customer satisfaction.
- Monitored branch compliance with the regulatory and statutory requirements and recorded zero breaches.
- Acquired new business leads that contributed to the growth of the bank.
- Offered mentorship and staff training that helped develop effective and collaborative team at the branch.
- Improved bank operations and ensured that the branch operates at optimal cash levels while ensuring compliance to set limits.
- -Revamped the entire SAP Support Processes for maximum ROI to business users
- -Revamped Reporting and Monthly Review Processes for value driven reporting
- -Stabilized operations and SLA compliance over the last 2 months
- Managed a portfolio of service contracts in excess of $1M annually
- Grew the vast majority of contracts 20-67% YoY
- Assisted software sales team with several key sales motions
- Planned and managed the delivery of $8M services in 5 years
- Enabled customers to migrate productivity and business applications to the Microsoft cloud
- Supported customers cloud operations and development with $5M+ cloud spend annually
- Escalated critical incidents & software bugs to service and product teams until resolution
- Interfaced with 3rd-Parties to deliver positive outcomes to customers
- Aktywne działanie w obszarze pre-sales oraz procesie pozyskiwani aklienta
- Nadzór nad dostarczaniem usług w ramach SDLC oraz warunków kontraktu
- Nadzór nad planem, zakresem, budżetem i jakością dostarczanych usług
- Opieka i zarządzanie zespołem zwinnym jako manager kontraktu
- Raportowanie, zarządzanie ryzykiem, relacją i satysfakcją klienta
- Trening zespołów w ramach Standardu Kompetencji Managerskich
- Praca jako Product Owner / Scrum Master w projektach (wg potrzeb)
- Full cost control and planning – budget ownership (10 mil. Euro / year)
- Part of the management and service delivery for the RFI, RFP
- Sales and pre-sales activities for different stream – SAP and nonSAP
- Building, managing and running several initiatives for increase of revenue / cost efficiency
- New Service Quotations and Proposals towards customer ensuring the appropriate GP
- Building up customer centric relationship
- Positively influencing customer perception of company as a trusted business partner rather than just a product vendor
- Working within international environment
- Team management (world wide – up to 20 people)
- Building strong and productive relationships with key business stakeholders (internal/external)
- Managing the overall service improvement plan to ensure that it is being delivered and that services are being improved
- Preparing account strategy for owned streams (SAP/nonSAP)
- Effectively managing the delivery of service from delivery units
- Ensuring SLAs are met and business and clients’ expectations are exceeded throughout the duration of the contract. Ensuring that any SLA breaches are investigated and corrective action is taken to improve service delivery
- Driving up the quality of solutions and improving service quality whilst reducing operating overhead (cost effectiveness)
- Ensuring compliance with the deadlines and the expected service levels
- Effectively managing the delivery of service from delivery units
- Conducting regular service reviews with individual business stakeholders (internal/external) to discuss service issues and identify project requirements
- Involvement in Project scoping, Risk identification and mitigation and Project execution
- Cross-functional project management and service delivery to international Tier 1 mobile operators.
- Responsible for developing relationships with customers, suppliers and 3rd party business, while partnering with sales to achieve our targets.
- Regional Account Manager for Russian mobile networks (both MNO and MVNO): development and establishment of accounts, exploiting client needs to further develop products and services.
- Conduction of customer specific trainings and workshops via web resources and on-site.
In writing your Service Delivery Manager resume, you will no doubt want to list your previous duties - as you should. But steer clear of just listing your duties, instead of your achievements. Make your resume stand out by communicating what you have done, and not merely what the job needed you to do.
Action verbs for your service delivery manager resume
An impressive skills section for your service delivery manager resume
Writing a skills section that stands out:
- Check the job advert for keywords that you can use: this will help you pass ATS;
- Focus on relevant and valuable skills that will support your application;
- Make sure to include both hard and technical skills, leaving soft skills for other sections of your Service Delivery Manager resume;
- Don’t list skills you don’t have.
Top skills for your service delivery manager resume
Don’t feel obliged to spend a separate section for your soft skills - you can weave them throughout your job experience or career summary. But, don’t just write empty words - back them with examples.
Service delivery manager resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your service delivery manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have policies about identifying information like photos on your Service Delivery Manager resume. Be sure to check all the relevant rules before submitting yours. If you’re in doubt, you can always try contacting the company’s HR department to ask for their policy.
The service delivery manager resume summary: Tips and tricks
Making a strong first impression.
- Keep your summary section short and easy to read; avoid long sentences;
- Highlight your total years of experience in the field;
- Mention 1-2 of your biggest achievements and strengths;
- Add a couple of keywords from the job advert.
Resume summary formula:
You’re not going to get hired simply because of a good summary or objective. However, your recruiter can bump you up in front of similarly experienced candidates who didn’t demonstrate such passion and drive.
Service delivery manager resume: A strong education section
What to include in your education section:
- Your highest education degree (incl. major, duration, name of institution);
- A bit more about the certifications you’ve got (if they are relevant to what you’re applying for);
- Some extracurricular activities that have helped you develop and strengthen your skills;
- If you’re an entry-level applicant: Relevant courses and projects.
Top certifications for your Service Delivery Manager resume
Agile Crash Course: Agile Project Management; Agile Delivery
Get Agile Certified & Learn about the key and most important concepts and tools of Agile Project Management (Scrum)
Introduction to Service Management with ITIL 4
Learn about service management, four dimensions, guiding principles, service value system, and ITSM best practices
The Project Management Course: Beginner to PROject Manager
The Complete Course for becoming a Successful Project Manager
Become a Product Manager | Learn the Skills & Get the Job
The most complete course available on Product Management. 13+ hours of videos, activities, interviews, & more
IT service operations and Service Desk management
Improve Service Desk and IT support processes and service functions. Better preparation for the professional exam.
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Service Delivery Manager. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
Service delivery manager resume: How to choose the right format
The content of your resume is necessary for showcasing your expertise, skills, and education. Great formatting, on the other hand, is essential for highlighting your attention to detail, creativity, and ability to stand out.
There are three basic resume formats to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which one of these you choose depends on a couple of things, but most importantly: the industry and your level of experience.
The reverse-chronological resume format, for example, is great if you’re a Service Delivery Manager with many years of experience and no career gaps. It doesn’t really matter if your company of choice is a multinational corporation or an early-stage startup – this resume format is considered to be a safe bet.
If you’re someone with little or no experience, however, we advise you to go for a functional skills-based resume format. It focuses on skills, competencies, and education, rather than experience. This makes it great for entry-level applicants, career changers, and graduate students.
And if you’re tired of traditional formats and want to go over the top when it comes to your application, the combination or hybrid resume format is here to help. Here, you can focus on both your experience and your skills, there’s even space for you to highlight your most spectacular personality traits. If you want to give a modern feel to your Service Delivery Manager resume, this resume format is just what you need. Add a ‘my life philosophy’ section for additional bonus points!
Looking for ways to perfect your Service Delivery Manager resume layout and style?
- Don’t risk it: choose standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for traditional resume fonts (sized 10-12p);
- Match the length of your Service Delivery Manager resume with your years of experience – choose a one-page template if you’ve got less than 10 years of experience; otherwise, opt for a two-page resume;
- To be on the safe side, save your resume in PDF. This will help you avoid formatting issues and unauthorized editing.
Sometimes you’ll want to go after a job which requires more experience than you have. Instead of using a typical Service Delivery Manager resume layout, you can use a creative layout. Getting noticed is the most important challenge and a creative resume layout might help you get invited for an interview as most of other accountants have boring resume designs.
Your service delivery manager resume: Other sections to include
Tired of resumes that focus only on your professional side? Want to show you’re an actual human being with a real personality that goes beyond your work experience? Then add some other sections to your Service Delivery Manager resume!
Depending on the industry, company, and position, you can go for a more creative or less creative approach. Choose 1-2 of the following:
Making your service delivery manager resume shine
In a pile of boring black and white resumes, a creative Service Delivery Manager application feels like a breath of fresh air. And trust us, recruiters love this.
There are two ways to add a splash of creativity to your resume. You can either go for a creative layout (bright colors, modern fonts, etc.) or add some creative sections (e.g. ‘what my typical day looks like’).
It’s up to you! Just make sure to keep the position, company, and industry in mind. Otherwise, you risk going over the top. And that’s not always a good idea.
What Makes a Great Service Delivery Manager Resume: Key Takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.