According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Wholesale & Manufacturing Sales positions are at a 5% growth rate, which is slower than average. With that said, there are currently 1,625,700 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 77,600 to 1,703,300 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Wholesale & Manufacturing Sales jobs was $65,420 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $31,950, and the highest 10% more than $129,200.
Our conclusion? The Wholesale & Manufacturing Sales job market is wide open for candidates.
Top sales support representative sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
What to Include in Your Sales Support Representative Resume Experience Section
Sales support representative resume experience section checklist:
- Use at least 3 and no more than 7 bullet points per position;
- Make your experience sound relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Combine responsibilities, results, and critical situations that you’ve handled well;
- Show that you’re willing to take up on challenges;
- Include numbers in any form you like.
Looking for some real experience section examples? We’ve gathered the best Sales Support Representative resume samples to help you. Check them out before building your own resume!
- Transferred competencies from the Headquarter
- Implemented the new department in the Italian subsidiary
- Caught the attention of the customers
- Defined a structure to handle the projects in the new location
- Created contacts and negotiated with internal and external players
- Obtained the first orders achieving the goal of the company
- Collaborated with an international team
- Helping make commerce better for high growth, high volume merchants
- Given problems, find solutions; find problems, present solutions
- Working with the outbound sales team with projects ranging from cold calls, internal content creation, project planning, HubSpot, and prospecting
- Revenues: Responsible to plan and achieve the budgeted sales of Handsets, Mobile Accessories, Prepaid, Postpaid, 4G Devices across 130 plus The Mobile Stores in North..
- Sales Management: Planning and achieving of Store
- wise, Category
- wise Targets. Driving 20000 Prepaid, 1100 Postpaid, 50
- 4G Data Card & 35 Crores. Recharge Revenue on annual basis.
- Store Operations: Team size
- 2 DR, 300 promoters with support of 11 Area Operation Managers, 400 plus Store team & Store Managers. Maintaining store productivity Promoter Productivity.
- Execution of Store VM, Launch of new products, Incentive Schemes, Payouts, Training Marketing Inshop Branding etc, Opening New Stores.
- Responsible for revenue of 65 Crores Per Annum, 25000+ New Customer Acquisitions per month through 6 distributors/2700 retailers; Supervising 2 Off
- role Executives & 80+ Distributor Executives. Activations growth by 20% and Tertiary Growth 10% MOM.
- Deliver overall Customer Market Share (CMS) target for the area which is @28.1%.
- Expanded Distribution Network Width & Depth to Improve Delivery to End Customer. Implemented Sales Plans and Local Sales Promotion Schemes for Visibility Campaigns and New Product Launches.
- Directed work of efficient administrative team maintaining accurate sales, inventory and order documentation.
- Collaborated with internal teams to evaluate costs against expected market price points and set structures to achieve profit targets.
- Worked diligently to resolve unique and recurring complaints, promoting loyalty and enhancing operations
- Gave benefit-oriented, polished presentations driving revenue growth across multiple sales channels
- Managed and motivated sales team to increase revenue by 4 Cr. in 1 year
- Captured and completed sales with customer-savvy quotes, proposals and contract management strategies.
- Connected with prospects through multi-pronged approaches, including trade shows, cold calling and local area networking.
- Established ambitious sales targets, managed deployment strategies and developed go-to-market plans to capitalize on every revenue opportunity.
- Monitored customer buying trends, market conditions and competitor actions to adjust strategies and achieve sales goals.
- Implemented new marketing initiatives to drive sales and improve overall performance.
- Streamlined sales processes for team of 08 employees to increase productivity and decrease closing time.
- Monitored sales processes to identify areas in need of improvement and implemented systems to rectify issues
- Provided exceptional customer service to foster client loyalty and satisfaction
- Negotiated contracts and sales terms with new and existing clients.
- Monitored sales team performance and provided constructive feedback.
- Hired, supervised and coached 08 employees on sales strategies to optimize performance.
- Managed accounts to retain existing relationships and grow share of business.
- Request For Proposal: Increased the RFP base for the hotel by 16% through accurate business case presentation to Global Sales Team.
- Wholesale and Inbound Business: Increased the Inbound and Wholesale business through new acquisition and focused contracting.
- Attracted new clientele and developed customer relationships by hosting product-focused events.
- Built relationships with customers and community to establish long-term business growth.
- Departmental Responsibilities: Officiated as Head of Department from June 2015 to December 2015 and actively participated in Rooms Budget finalization and presenting it to Owners.
- Drive Customer Service & Experience: Part of Hotel's Pilot project of aligning Organizations Vision to Customer Service and Experience through effective Empathy interviews and Client Emotional experiences.
- SMART Strategy Implementation: Increased Market Share through implementation of specific strategies and achieved 8% increase in Average Rate and 2% increase in Volume segment.
- Project Stage: Assisted Director of Sales in the below mentioned tasks- Establish Departmental Policies- Marketing and Business Plan- Market Research and Pricing- SWOT Analysis
- Delivered engaging sales presentations to new clients, explaining technical information in simplified language to promote features and increase client base.
- Identified opportunities for growth within Central India territory and collaborated with sales teams to reach sales goal.
- Aggressively pursued competitive accounts by differentiating company from competitors.
- Handled all customer relations issues pleasantly, enabling quick resolution and client satisfaction.
- Request For Proposal: Business Case presentation to clients to source RFP for PAN India Hilton hotels.
- Feeder Market Business: Ensure business generation from Pune and Aurangabad regions for PAN India Hilton Hotels.
- AUTO EXPO: Generated 1.3 Cr group room revenue for Hilton hotel in Delhi region during Auto Expo event in 2012.
- Acquisition: Market Share for Barclays moved from Competition hotel by 100% through effective RFP contracting.
- Aggressively pursued competitive accounts by differentiating company from competitors.
- Develop strategic relationships with key clients to foster profitable business initiatives
- Organized promotional events and interacted with community to increase sales volume.
- Develop value-added solutions and approaches by leveraging trends in customer marketplaces and industries.
- Project Team Member.
- Managed entire sales cycle across customer accounts, proposing and closing sales to achieve total revenue growth, profit and customer satisfaction plans.
- Remained current on industry trends to better understand customer needs, product effectiveness and sales tactics
- Competition Knowledge: To understand the competition hotel strategies and develop SWOT analysis so as to maximize the revenues.
- Collaborated with internal teams to evaluate costs against expected market price points and set structures to achieve profitrgets.
- Maintained detailed records of sales progress, inventories and marketing success to better align goals with company priorities.
- Remained current on industry trends to better understand customer needs, product effectiveness and sales tactics.
- Exceeded sales goals of INR 98 lacs by leveraging interpersonal communication skills and product knowledge to cultivate and secure new customer relationships through effective sales process cycle.
- MIS & Database Management: Reporting MIS to Corporate office on monthly basis.
- Chain Contracting: Contracting for PAN India Royal Orchid Hotel and drive business.
- Exceeded goals through effective task prioritization and great work ethics.
- Proved successful working within tight deadlines and fast-paced atmosphere.
- Offered friendly and efficient service to all customers, handled challenging situations with ease.
- Completed all paperwork, recognizing any discrepancies and addressing them in a timely fashion.
- Worked flexible hours; weekend, and holidays
- In my current role as an office sales assistant, I serve and provide consumers with recommendations about any products and services they are interested in. Responsibilities include:
- Providing customers with advice on the right products for them.
- Dealing with customer complaints, and escalating the issue to management level if necessary.
- Organising deliveries in and out of the warehouse.Dealing with customer emails.
- Very clear communication abilities both in person and on the phone.Reminding customers of any company promotions.
- Achieve my monthly goals of 200 000 from the third month
- Deploy enterprise-wide CRM
- Develop a sales team
- Implement crm
- I sold more than one million pesos per team per month
- Get the team to commission for the first time
- Design of energy efficiency improvement projects for chillers/air handling unit systems.
- Representing unique solutions with quality for industrial projects to customers.
- Consulting services HVAC project design phase to industrial companies.
- Forecast target by searching the market needs and to develop the business and promote our Paint products to companies in Pakistan
- Present solutions to clients and secure sales contracts
- Design of steam/condensate systems, including flow diagrams, pipe sizing and preparation of bill of materials
- Design of efficiency improvement projects for steam/condensate systems
- Design of energy recovery systems (flue gas, waste water, flash steam), calculation of energy savings, preparation of feasibility study and calculation of investment cost
- Plant audits, investigation of steam efficiency, troubleshooting of problems in steam/condensate system, and proposing energy saving/recovery projects
- Design of the BMS system for large-scale projects (like hospitals, hotels, plants, ....etc).
- Studying project tender documents and preparing a techno-commercial offer.
- Selection and sizing of control valves.
- Selection and sizing of air valves.
- Preparing system take-off and system BOQ according to project documentation.
- Demonstrating new products and technologies to the consultants and end-users.
- Preparation of the cost analysis for the project.
- Technical support.
- Testing, commissioning, and start-up of Enraf automatic tank gauging system.
- Effectively handled the communications 2nd line team, clients, and stakeholders
- Main task was to give cold calls (telesales / telemarketing) to random people using the data provided by the company and sell the services of the company which is English training for people who wants to improve their skills in English such as writing, reading, speaking and listening.
- Assist the operations department in terms of schedules and unresolved issues with customers/students.
- Doing presentation and orientation to customer who visits the institute for inquiries and giving them general information regarding the services of the company.
Make sure to relate your experience to your job description, but never lie. That’s not tolerated and will show up in the face-to-face interview later on.
Action verbs for your sales support representative resume
Top sales support representative skills for your resume
Sales support representative resume skills section checklist:
- Match your hard skills to the job description;
- Add keywords to pass applicant tracking systems;
- Don’t list soft skills such as ’teamwork’ – rather, mention how they’ve helped you gain success in some other sections of your Sales Support Representative resume;
- List only skills you actually have, keep lying out of the picture.
Top skills for your sales support representative resume
Research / Information Gathering.
Don’t feel obliged to spend a separate section for your soft skills - you can weave them throughout your job experience or career summary. But, don’t just write empty words - back them with examples.
Sales support representative resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your sales support representative resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have policies about identifying information like photos on your Sales Support Representative resume. Be sure to check all the relevant rules before submitting yours. If you’re in doubt, you can always try contacting the company’s HR department to ask for their policy.
Craft a strong sales support representative resume summary
Sales support representative resume summary checklist:
- Your total years of experience
- The industry you’re coming from
- One or two most remarkable accomplishments that have helped you - turn into a great professional
- Short sentences that add value – avoid filler words and phrases
Resume summary formula:
Highlight specific past projects that you’re most proud of in your summary. It sets an excellent tone for the rest of your resume. You can talk about all of your former jobs in your work experience section later on.
Highlight your education, certifications, and courses
What to include in your education and courses sections.":
- Your highest education degree – this includes institution, course, and duration
- Certifications and courses that have helped you gain additional expertise
- Awards you’ve received as part of your education
- Entry-level positions only: relevant classes and projects
Top certifications for your sales support representative resume
Sales Training: Practical Sales Techniques
Sales Hacking: Essential sales skills, sales strategies and sales techniques to sell just about anything!
Sales Representative - From Beginner to Advanced
An external sales course for sales representatives calling on outlets such as retailers & wholesalers
Sales Training: How To Close More Sales
Closing Sales: Sales Training Course: Sales Skills; Selling Techniques; Sales Strategies for B2B, B2C Direct Sales
Sales Machine: The Sales Training B2B Master Course
Learn Sales Strategies & Sales Techniques to Sell ANYTHING for Entrepreneurs, Startup, B2B Sales, & Business Development
Business Development & B2B Sales for Startups- Sales Valley
The Complete Startup Playbook for Business Development & B2B Sales to learn Lead Generation, Pitching, & Closing Deals.
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Sales Support Representative. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
Drafting a Job-winning Sales Support Representative Resume
When drafting your resume, you can choose between three well-known formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which format you decide to go for depends on two things: your personal preference and how experienced you are.
The reverse-chronological format is ideal for both really experienced people and those who joined the workforce just a couple of years ago. It’s also great if your experience combines different industries and jobs. Here, your most recent position comes at the top of your resume.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is ideal for recent graduates or people who have no work experience whatsoever. It’s built around your skills, interests, and expertise. Ultimately, its goal is to show recruiters your biggest strengths and practical skills.
Combination resumes (also known as hybrid resumes) are great for all types of candidates – be they graduates, experienced professionals, or brave career changers. They usually follow a double-column format – one side focuses on your experience, while the other emphasizes your education, skills, interests, and accomplishments.
Here’s our resume format and style checklist:
- Choose a traditional resume font sized 12p;
- Go for standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Match the length of your Sales Support Representative resume with your experience – choose a one-page template if you have less than 10 years of experience, and be careful with two-page templates;
- Send your resume in PDF – in this way, you’ll avoid formatting issues and potential editing from third parties.
And in case you want to go the extra mile, check out our guide for crafting a resume that stands out.
Test your draft Sales Support Representative resume by sending it out to peers and mentors in your circles. Ask them to review it as if they are hiring you for a project and implement the feedback afterwards.
Other sections worth including in your Sales Support Representative resume
Including other sections in your resume depends on the company, the position, and, ultimately, the industry. Here are some sections that will help you spice things up:
A sales support representative resume that stands out
Recruiters look at tens of resumes every day. That’s why helping them remember yours is crucial for landing an interview.
A creative resume can help you show off both your personality and your expertise at the same time.
Creative sections about passions, favorite books, quotes, and even your daily routine are a great way to make your resume feel like a breath of fresh air.
What’s more, it will also point recruiters to the fact that you’re attentive to detail and can think outside the box of Word-generated black and white resumes.
What makes a great sales support representative resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.