According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Store, Retail, & Product Sales positions are at a -1% growth rate, which is little to no change. With that said, there are currently 4,092,900 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to decrease by -26,800 to 4,066,100 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Store, Retail, & Product Sales jobs was $27,320 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $10.18 per hour, and the highest 10% more than $27.70 per hour.
Our conclusion? The Store, Retail, & Product Sales job market is facing competition due to decreasing demand.
Top telesales representative sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
How to craft the perfect telesales representative resume experience section
Perfecting the experience section: telesales representative resume checklist:
- Be careful with bullet points: use no more than 4-6 per position;
- Mention only positions that are relevant to the job you’re applying for;
- List your experience in chronological or reverse-chronological order;
- Highlight your results by using numbers – e.g. percentage increase/decrease in an important metric that’s followed by - your hard work;
- Use action words whenever possible… but more on that below.
Need examples? We looked through thousands of Telesales Representative resumes and gathered some examples of what the ideal experience section looks like. Check them out below!
- Transferred competencies from the Headquarter
- Implemented the new department in the Italian subsidiary
- Caught the attention of the customers
- Defined a structure to handle the projects in the new location
- Created contacts and negotiated with internal and external players
- Obtained the first orders achieving the goal of the company
- Collaborated with an international team
- Helping make commerce better for high growth, high volume merchants
- Given problems, find solutions; find problems, present solutions
- Working with the outbound sales team with projects ranging from cold calls, internal content creation, project planning, HubSpot, and prospecting
- Revenues: Responsible to plan and achieve the budgeted sales of Handsets, Mobile Accessories, Prepaid, Postpaid, 4G Devices across 130 plus The Mobile Stores in North..
- Sales Management: Planning and achieving of Store
- wise, Category
- wise Targets. Driving 20000 Prepaid, 1100 Postpaid, 50
- 4G Data Card & 35 Crores. Recharge Revenue on annual basis.
- Store Operations: Team size
- 2 DR, 300 promoters with support of 11 Area Operation Managers, 400 plus Store team & Store Managers. Maintaining store productivity Promoter Productivity.
- Execution of Store VM, Launch of new products, Incentive Schemes, Payouts, Training Marketing Inshop Branding etc, Opening New Stores.
- Responsible for revenue of 65 Crores Per Annum, 25000+ New Customer Acquisitions per month through 6 distributors/2700 retailers; Supervising 2 Off
- role Executives & 80+ Distributor Executives. Activations growth by 20% and Tertiary Growth 10% MOM.
- Deliver overall Customer Market Share (CMS) target for the area which is @28.1%.
- Expanded Distribution Network Width & Depth to Improve Delivery to End Customer. Implemented Sales Plans and Local Sales Promotion Schemes for Visibility Campaigns and New Product Launches.
- Directed work of efficient administrative team maintaining accurate sales, inventory and order documentation.
- Collaborated with internal teams to evaluate costs against expected market price points and set structures to achieve profit targets.
- Worked diligently to resolve unique and recurring complaints, promoting loyalty and enhancing operations
- Gave benefit-oriented, polished presentations driving revenue growth across multiple sales channels
- Managed and motivated sales team to increase revenue by 4 Cr. in 1 year
- Captured and completed sales with customer-savvy quotes, proposals and contract management strategies.
- Connected with prospects through multi-pronged approaches, including trade shows, cold calling and local area networking.
- Established ambitious sales targets, managed deployment strategies and developed go-to-market plans to capitalize on every revenue opportunity.
- Monitored customer buying trends, market conditions and competitor actions to adjust strategies and achieve sales goals.
- Implemented new marketing initiatives to drive sales and improve overall performance.
- Streamlined sales processes for team of 08 employees to increase productivity and decrease closing time.
- Monitored sales processes to identify areas in need of improvement and implemented systems to rectify issues
- Provided exceptional customer service to foster client loyalty and satisfaction
- Negotiated contracts and sales terms with new and existing clients.
- Monitored sales team performance and provided constructive feedback.
- Hired, supervised and coached 08 employees on sales strategies to optimize performance.
- Managed accounts to retain existing relationships and grow share of business.
- Request For Proposal: Increased the RFP base for the hotel by 16% through accurate business case presentation to Global Sales Team.
- Wholesale and Inbound Business: Increased the Inbound and Wholesale business through new acquisition and focused contracting.
- Attracted new clientele and developed customer relationships by hosting product-focused events.
- Built relationships with customers and community to establish long-term business growth.
- Departmental Responsibilities: Officiated as Head of Department from June 2015 to December 2015 and actively participated in Rooms Budget finalization and presenting it to Owners.
- Drive Customer Service & Experience: Part of Hotel's Pilot project of aligning Organizations Vision to Customer Service and Experience through effective Empathy interviews and Client Emotional experiences.
- SMART Strategy Implementation: Increased Market Share through implementation of specific strategies and achieved 8% increase in Average Rate and 2% increase in Volume segment.
- Project Stage: Assisted Director of Sales in the below mentioned tasks- Establish Departmental Policies- Marketing and Business Plan- Market Research and Pricing- SWOT Analysis
- Delivered engaging sales presentations to new clients, explaining technical information in simplified language to promote features and increase client base.
- Identified opportunities for growth within Central India territory and collaborated with sales teams to reach sales goal.
- Aggressively pursued competitive accounts by differentiating company from competitors.
- Handled all customer relations issues pleasantly, enabling quick resolution and client satisfaction.
- Request For Proposal: Business Case presentation to clients to source RFP for PAN India Hilton hotels.
- Feeder Market Business: Ensure business generation from Pune and Aurangabad regions for PAN India Hilton Hotels.
- AUTO EXPO: Generated 1.3 Cr group room revenue for Hilton hotel in Delhi region during Auto Expo event in 2012.
- Acquisition: Market Share for Barclays moved from Competition hotel by 100% through effective RFP contracting.
- Aggressively pursued competitive accounts by differentiating company from competitors.
- Develop strategic relationships with key clients to foster profitable business initiatives
- Organized promotional events and interacted with community to increase sales volume.
- Develop value-added solutions and approaches by leveraging trends in customer marketplaces and industries.
- Project Team Member.
- Managed entire sales cycle across customer accounts, proposing and closing sales to achieve total revenue growth, profit and customer satisfaction plans.
- Remained current on industry trends to better understand customer needs, product effectiveness and sales tactics
- Competition Knowledge: To understand the competition hotel strategies and develop SWOT analysis so as to maximize the revenues.
- Collaborated with internal teams to evaluate costs against expected market price points and set structures to achieve profitrgets.
- Maintained detailed records of sales progress, inventories and marketing success to better align goals with company priorities.
- Remained current on industry trends to better understand customer needs, product effectiveness and sales tactics.
- Exceeded sales goals of INR 98 lacs by leveraging interpersonal communication skills and product knowledge to cultivate and secure new customer relationships through effective sales process cycle.
- MIS & Database Management: Reporting MIS to Corporate office on monthly basis.
- Chain Contracting: Contracting for PAN India Royal Orchid Hotel and drive business.
- Exceeded goals through effective task prioritization and great work ethics.
- Proved successful working within tight deadlines and fast-paced atmosphere.
- Offered friendly and efficient service to all customers, handled challenging situations with ease.
- Completed all paperwork, recognizing any discrepancies and addressing them in a timely fashion.
- Worked flexible hours; weekend, and holidays
- In my current role as an office sales assistant, I serve and provide consumers with recommendations about any products and services they are interested in. Responsibilities include:
- Providing customers with advice on the right products for them.
- Dealing with customer complaints, and escalating the issue to management level if necessary.
- Organising deliveries in and out of the warehouse.Dealing with customer emails.
- Very clear communication abilities both in person and on the phone.Reminding customers of any company promotions.
- Achieve my monthly goals of 200 000 from the third month
- Deploy enterprise-wide CRM
- Develop a sales team
- Implement crm
- I sold more than one million pesos per team per month
- Get the team to commission for the first time
- Design of energy efficiency improvement projects for chillers/air handling unit systems.
- Representing unique solutions with quality for industrial projects to customers.
- Consulting services HVAC project design phase to industrial companies.
- Forecast target by searching the market needs and to develop the business and promote our Paint products to companies in Pakistan
- Present solutions to clients and secure sales contracts
- Design of steam/condensate systems, including flow diagrams, pipe sizing and preparation of bill of materials
- Design of efficiency improvement projects for steam/condensate systems
- Design of energy recovery systems (flue gas, waste water, flash steam), calculation of energy savings, preparation of feasibility study and calculation of investment cost
- Plant audits, investigation of steam efficiency, troubleshooting of problems in steam/condensate system, and proposing energy saving/recovery projects
- Design of the BMS system for large-scale projects (like hospitals, hotels, plants, ....etc).
- Studying project tender documents and preparing a techno-commercial offer.
- Selection and sizing of control valves.
- Selection and sizing of air valves.
- Preparing system take-off and system BOQ according to project documentation.
- Demonstrating new products and technologies to the consultants and end-users.
- Preparation of the cost analysis for the project.
- Technical support.
- Testing, commissioning, and start-up of Enraf automatic tank gauging system.
- Effectively handled the communications 2nd line team, clients, and stakeholders
- Main task was to give cold calls (telesales / telemarketing) to random people using the data provided by the company and sell the services of the company which is English training for people who wants to improve their skills in English such as writing, reading, speaking and listening.
- Assist the operations department in terms of schedules and unresolved issues with customers/students.
- Doing presentation and orientation to customer who visits the institute for inquiries and giving them general information regarding the services of the company.
Make sure to relate your experience to your job description, but never lie. That’s not tolerated and will show up in the face-to-face interview later on.
Action verbs for your telesales representative resume
Impressing recruiters with a top telesales representative resume skills section
Checklist for an impressive Telesales Representative resume skills section:
- List both hard and technical skills that are important for the role;
- Check what the job description says and add some keywords based on that;
- Focus only on relevant skills;
- Try not to list things such as “communication”; rather, highlight your soft skills in other sections of your Telesales Representative resume.
Top skills for your telesales representative resume
Research / Information Gathering.
Add a Talent Section to your resume, where you can pick your top 3 soft skills and describe how you used them to complete a project or balance departmental communication.
Telesales representative resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your telesales representative resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have policies about identifying information like photos on your Telesales Representative resume. Be sure to check all the relevant rules before submitting yours. If you’re in doubt, you can always try contacting the company’s HR department to ask for their policy.
Crafting a strong summary for your telesales representative resume
Checklist: The perfect Telesales Representative resume summary section
- Add a couple of keywords from the job description;
- Mention some of your most valuable skills and characteristics;
- Highlight your top achievements (and add numbers!);
- Use no more than 3-5 sentences to guarantee readability and keep - the hiring manager interested.
Resume summary formula:
Include a link to your portfolio in your resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
An impressive education section: Telesales representative resume
Telesales representative resume: Education section checklist
- Highlight your highest education degree;
- Include the degree subject, year of graduation, and institution name;
- Mention some of the awards you’ve received during your studies;
- List your certifications (incl. the body that’s issued them);
- Entry-level positions: Give preference to courses that are relevant to the position.
Top Certifications for Your Telesales Representative Resume
The role of a telesales executive requires certain traits to be successful in making a sale.
Sales Representative - From Beginner to Advanced
An external sales course for sales representatives calling on outlets such as retailers & wholesalers
Easiest Facebook Ads for Life Insurance Telesales
The quickest, easiest most affordable way to start generating leads with Facebook Ads
YesHello Customer Service Representative Training Course
How to provide support with team shared inbox using YesHello
Series 7: General Securities Representative Test Prep Course
You can view this course as a realistic alternative to paying for hours of tutoring and study at your own phase!
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Telesales Representative. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
the right format for your telesales representative resume
When it comes to formatting your Telesales Representative resume, there are certain things you need to keep in mind. These include your level of expertise, your total years of experience, and the position and company you’re applying for, to name a few.
You can choose between three basic resume formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The reverse-chronological format is just that – all your experience listed in a reverse-chronological way. It’s great for experienced professionals who have been in the industry for many years and have no career gaps.
The functional skills-based resume, on the other hand, focuses on skills, education, and personality traits, rather than experience. This makes it great for graduates, people with less experience, or bigger career gaps. The idea is to show you’re the perfect match without putting too much emphasis on your lack of relevant experience.
If none of these sound suitable, go for a hybrid (or combination) resume. It’s a mix of experience, skills, and personality traits. It’s also considered modern and innovative because of its non-traditional structure and sections. Here, you can add details about what your typical day looks like or what your life philosophy is. In short, the hybrid resume format shows who you are, both as a professional and as an individual.
More tips on perfecting your resume style and layout:
- Choose a traditional 12p font;
- Make sure your resume margins are no bigger than an inch;
- Go for a one-page template. If you have broad experience and can’t fit your resume on one page, choose a two-page resume template
- Save your resume as PDF to avoid formatting issues and unauthorized editing.
Read this: Ways to make your Telesales Representative resume stand out
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
More sections worth adding to your telesales representative resume
If the industry, company, and position you’re applying for allow for that, you could include other sections in your Telesales Representative resume. By doing this, you’ll show the recruiter that you’re a real human and not a robot.
Here are some ideas:
The right kind of creativity for your telesales representative resume
Several years ago, everyone preferred keeping a safe distance from creative resumes. Today, adding creativity to your CV is considered cool, innovative, and one of the best ways to stand out.
You can add a creative section that describes your typical day or even go for a colorful creative template. No matter what you choose, make sure to keep the position, company, and industry in mind. Otherwise, you risk looking silly.
What makes a great telesales representative resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.