According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Assistant Production Manager positions are at a 5% growth rate, which is slower than average. With that said, there are currently 189,300 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 10,000 to 199,300 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Assistant Production Manager jobs was $108,790 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $67,100, and the highest 10% more than $181,220.
Our conclusion? The Assistant Production Manager job market is wide open for candidates.
Top assistant production manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a job-winning experience section: Assistant Production Manager resume edition
Assistant production manager resume experience section: dos and don'ts
- List 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Include only relevant job experience;
- Make sure to highlight your strongest skills by focusing on the challenges you’ve faced and the results you’ve achieved;
- Don’t use buzzwords that carry no meaning;
- Don’t share confidential information about your previous employers.
If you prefer to be led by example, check out some great Assistant Production Manager resume experience section snippets below!
- Coordinate, track and assist reconciling production costs including monthly cost reports
- Create production schedules with guidance from Line Producer
- Negotiate goods, services and crew hires
- Coordinate payroll and petty cash, while assisting in authorizing production expenses
- Prepared kitting zones for the General Assembly production areas - reduction of internal transport by 8%
- Managed 5 new product introduction projects worth of £4 million
- Led a team of 10 to assemble, test, and ship 50+ Misty I Robots
- Created technical documents, drawings and procedures in a ISO 9001/13485 environment and strict QMS
- Digitized process gaps tracking system resulting in 200% increased operator participation in 5 weeks
- Streamlined production process by implementing new techniques that resulted in a 25% increase in efficiency.
- Reduced material costs by 15% by identifying and eliminating unnecessary waste.
- Improved quality control standards by implementing a new inspection process, resulting in a 20% reduction in defects.
- Managed and scheduled a team of 20 production workers, resulting in on-time completion of all projects.
- Worked closely with other departments to ensure timely procurement of necessary materials and equipment.
- Implemented a new training program for production workers, resulting in a 10% increase in efficiency.
- Reduced defects by 15% by implementing a new quality control process.
- Improved communication between departments, resulting in a 20% reduction in delays caused by procurement issues.
- Managed and scheduled a team of 15 production workers, resulting in on-time completion of all projects.
- Increased production output by 20% by implementing new processes and procedures
- Reduced waste by 15% by identifying and addressing inefficiencies in production line
- Improved product quality by 10% by conducting regular inspections and implementing quality control measures
- Trained and developed new employees to ensure high levels of productivity and quality
- Managed inventory and ordering of raw materials to ensure seamless production process
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to develop new products and improve existing ones
- Implemented lean manufacturing principles, resulting in a 30% increase in efficiency
- Reduced production downtime by 25% through preventative maintenance and equipment upgrades
- Developed and implemented safety procedures, resulting in a 50% reduction in accidents
- Improved employee retention by 20% through training and development programs
- Managed inventory levels to minimize waste and ensure timely delivery of products to customers
In writing your Assistant Production Manager resume, you will no doubt want to list your previous duties - as you should. But steer clear of just listing your duties, instead of your achievements. Make your resume stand out by communicating what you have done, and not merely what the job needed you to do.
Action verbs for your assistant production manager resume
an impressive skills section for your assistant production manager resume
Writing a skills section that stands out:
- Check the job advert for keywords that you can use: this will help you pass ATS;
- Focus on relevant and valuable skills that will support your application;
- Make sure to include both hard and technical skills, leaving soft skills for other sections of your Assistant Production Manager resume;
- Don’t list skills you don’t have.
Top skills for your assistant production manager resume
Program Manufacturing Devices
Attention to details
When describing your experience, don’t go too far from its terminology. Recruiters use ATS systems to filter resumes based on them having certain keywords, so make sure you use at least a few keywords mentioned in the job description.
Assistant Production Manager Resume Header: Tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your assistant production manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Include a link to your portfolio in your Assistant Production Manager resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
The Assistant Production Manager Resume Summary: Tips and Tricks
Making a strong first impression.
- Keep your summary section short and easy to read; avoid long sentences;
- Highlight your total years of experience in the field;
- Mention 1-2 of your biggest achievements and strengths;
- Add a couple of keywords from the job advert.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a brief but informative introduction to your experience section. In this section you should go into more depth about what you have done, and how you did it.
Assistant Production Manager Resume: A strong education section
What to include in your education section:
- Your highest education degree (incl. major, duration, name of institution);
- A bit more about the certifications you’ve got (if they are relevant to what you’re applying for);
- Some extracurricular activities that have helped you develop and strengthen your skills;
- If you’re an entry-level applicant: Relevant courses and projects.
Top Certifications for your Assistant Production Manager Resume
The Project Management Course: Beginner to PROject Manager
The Complete Course for becoming a Successful Project Manager
Must-Have Skills (Training) for Virtual Assistants in 2022
Get training for the most frequently requested services (+ free delegation eBook and TONS of templates and scripts).
Ableton Live 11 - Music Production in Ableton Live
Learn Music Production, Recording, Editing, Music Mixing, Songwriting + Music Theory in this Ableton Live 11 Course
Music Production in Logic Pro X - The Complete Course!
Join Successful Music Production + Logic Pro X students in Creating, Recording, Mixing Music + Mastering in Logic Pro X
Become a Virtual Assistant
Live Free. Work Virtually. Virtual Assistant Training.
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
Assistant production manager resume: How to choose the right format
The content of your resume is necessary for showcasing your expertise, skills, and education. Great formatting, on the other hand, is essential for highlighting your attention to detail, creativity, and ability to stand out.
There are three basic resume formats to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which one of these you choose depends on a couple of things, but most importantly: the industry and your level of experience.
The reverse-chronological resume format, for example, is great if you’re an Assistant Production Manager with many years of experience and no career gaps. It doesn’t really matter if your company of choice is a multinational corporation or an early-stage startup – this resume format is considered to be a safe bet.
If you’re someone with little or no experience, however, we advise you to go for a functional skills-based resume format. It focuses on skills, competencies, and education, rather than experience. This makes it great for entry-level applicants, career changers, and graduate students.
And if you’re tired of traditional formats and want to go over the top when it comes to your application, the combination or hybrid resume format is here to help. Here, you can focus on both your experience and your skills, there’s even space for you to highlight your most spectacular personality traits. If you want to give a modern feel to your Assistant Production Manager resume, this resume format is just what you need. Add a ‘my life philosophy’ section for additional bonus points!
Looking for ways to perfect your Assistant Production Manager resume layout and style?
- Don’t risk it: choose standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for traditional resume fonts (sized 10-12p);
- Match the length of your Assistant Production Manager resume with your years of experience – choose a one-page template if you’ve got less than 10 years of experience; otherwise, opt for a two-page resume;
- To be on the safe side, save your resume in PDF. This will help you avoid formatting issues and unauthorized editing.
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
Your assistant production manager resume: Other sections to include
Tired of resumes that focus only on your professional side? Want to show you’re an actual human being with a real personality that goes beyond your work experience? Then add some other sections to your Assistant Production Manager resume!
Depending on the industry, company, and position, you can go for a more creative or less creative approach. Choose 1-2 of the following:
Making your assistant production manager resume shine
In a pile of boring black and white resumes, a creative Assistant Production Manager application feels like a breath of fresh air. And trust us, recruiters love this.
There are two ways to add a splash of creativity to your resume. You can either go for a creative layout (bright colors, modern fonts, etc.) or add some creative sections (e.g. ‘what my typical day looks like’).
It’s up to you! Just make sure to keep the position, company, and industry in mind. Otherwise, you risk going over the top. And that’s not always a good idea.
What makes a great assistant production manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.