According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Quality Assurance Specialist positions are at a much faster than average growth rate, which is 22%. With that said, there are currently 1,847,900 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 409,500 to 2,257,400 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Quality Assurance Specialist jobs was $110,140 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $65,210, and the highest 10% more than $170,100.
Our conclusion? The Quality Assurance Specialist job market is facing competition due to decreasing demand.
Top quality assurance specialist sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
What to write in your quality assurance specialist experience section
Perfecting your quality assurance specialist resume experience section:
- Focus on results, not responsibilities;
- Use 4-6 bullet points per position;
- List only positions that are relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Include at least some form of quantitative data – it can be linked to the number of people you’ve managed or the - percentage decrease in costs that’s followed from your work - you decide;
- Choose action verbs over buzzwords.
We’ve collected some of the top resume experience sections from real Enhancv users. Check them out when drafting your own Quality Assurance Specialist resume!
- Batch record review, approval and API Batch Release to customer
- Trained Supplier and Internal Auditor
- Site Document Controller and Periodic Review System management
- Product review Co-Ordinator
- Extensive experience on CAPA, Change Control and Deviation
- Managed and approved the Calibration of instruments by external vendors
- Software Administrator for all lab software e.g. LabX and Empower 3
- Multiple Projects
- Testing (Manual, Integration, Database, Web Application)
- Preparing test plans and test cases, test report
- Tools: TFS, HP ALM, SQL, JIRA
- I work in team that is organized along the lines of Agile Software development methodologies(parts of Scrum and Kanban mostly).
- As part of my tasks I analyse the new product requirements, discuss and assess possible problems and risks for the product and the overall software functionality.
- Based on new requirements, I create testcases and execute them as part of the testing of a new version on as part of a regression suite.Part of my job also demands from me to create software testing reports, which include a description of bugs found on every testcase and their severity.
- Creating bug reports, gathering the corresponding logs and further discussing them with business representative or developers.
- Our team helps the product support team with the investigation and tracing of issues, that are impossible for the to solve.
- Testing the billing part of the system. Communicating and configuring third-party payment service providers and fully the integration.
- Testing integration between web trading platform and Desktop Back Office.
- Using tools like MTM, TFS, LogExpert, Microsoft SQL, Jira, Confluence.
- Managing quality and safety standards of food products and food manufacturing (BRC/IFS)
- Development and review quality and safety policies and managing audits by third-party inspectors
- Performing internal audits of the effectiveness of development processes and work products and recommends improvements as necessary
- Estimate test effort on every story in the backlog to maintain the upcoming work.
- Created key metrics and audit processes to ensure established goals were met.
- Used different types of testing tools to guarantee the quality of the software including back-end testing of RESTful Web services via Postman collections and SQL queries to manipulate databases.
- Design's wireframes testing and Pixel oriented - padding, border, margin. Responsive views for iOS and Android devices on a different type of browsers including landscape mode.
- Hybrid and Native app testing on Mobile projects, including Android Studio to simulate and emulate different types of devices, follow stack traces for any bugs, battery consumption of the app and the whole communication with the server.
- Highly experienced with Charles debugging proxy for network message analysis. Bandwidth throttling to simulate slow internet speeds by slowing down bandwidth/speed and introducing latency. Debugging HTTP connections and behavior that only occur on devices, including remote file debugging which allows swap out a remote file for a local file to aid debugging a remote site without requiring access to the server files and adding breakpoints to manipulate requests/responses to edit variables for edge testing.
- Leading Sprint reviews which include demo presentations via HangOut/GoToMeeting on Web and Mobile projects in front of the client including different types of tools for Mirroring the device to the desktop for what has been developed and done during the sprint.
- Experience with Testing Prototypes in a real environment such as a bluetooth data transfer to another non-mobile device and vice versa.
- Scrum framework using Agile, and Kanban methodology included. Working with JIRA and Slack day by day.
- Identified test scenarios, and created test plans from scratch via TestRail based on the provided documentation or designs.
- Reporting bugs which could be easily followed and understood by people who never been in the IT sector.
- Maintained regression test suite.
- Create custom test suite by the client requests/needs.
- Gestione introduzione nuovi fornitori di materie prime e materiale di confezionamento per reparti di produzione di API ed API sterili
- valutazione del fornitore proposto: livello di qualità, via di sintesi, solventi utilizzati, impurezze
- gestione del processo di Change Control: valutazione dell'impatto sulla qualità dei processi aziendali e sui documenti registrativi, valutazione dei rischi associati e definizione delle attività necessarie per l’introduzione della nuova fonte
- Stesura di Quality Agreement con i nuovi fornitori
- Interfaccia con i fornitori per i reclami, valutazione delle indagini e approvazione delle azioni correttive/preventive implementate.
- Gestione introduzione nuovi fornitori di servizi, laboratori esterni e terzisti attraverso Change Control
- Gestione di deviazioni e fuori specifica riconducibili a materie prime
- Applicazione e coordinamento del processo di Root Cause Analysis
con altre aree di stabilimento (magazzini, reparto produttivo, Laboratorio Quality Control)
- Emissione, verifica e approvazione di documentazione interna:
procedure locali, documentazione tecnica, documentazione di validazione e convalida
- OBIETTIVI RAGGIUNTI: Risk Assessment per valutare l'introduzione di nuove materie prime e nuovi fornitori per reparto API sterili, Introduzione di una nuova gestione del campionamento di materie prime, Gestione di cambio di un componente su packaging primario
- Responsible for analysis of customer complaints.
- Followed procedures for Quality & Reliability testing Processes; including Vibration, Salt spray, Endurance, Thermal shock, etc.,
- Coordinate and Interact with Quality Development & Design team to reduce the Failures
- Communicating with vendors for Fixtures, Jigs and Tester Supporting Equipment's
- Support during Production Part Approval Process for Validation and Testing
- Performing Reliability Testing's like Endurance, Salt spray, Vibration, and Validation of New Projects
- Creating documentation and test cases for both manual and automation QA and executing test cases and scenarios.
- Executing manual regression tests.
- Testing the integrations between Receipt Bank and third-party softwares.
- Helping the DevOps team during infrastructure migrations and being a part of the team which trains the infrastructure for disaster recovery scenarios.
- Helping the product owners in their technical research of new features.
- Being involved from the beginning on every new project till the release to our clients.
- Communicating and collaborating with external company partners.
- Helping developers understand and resolve complicated cases and critical bugs.
- Training the new joiners in the company.
- Deep understanding of the accountancy laws all over the world.
- Conducting audits of the processes
- Conducting audits and Nesting sessions of new hire associates
- Analyzing large sample set of data in order to identify gaps in the processes and quality metrics, as well as observation of processes and offering of new solutions and steps to fix current issues
- Creating dashboards and reports on weekly and monthly basis for specific needs and teams
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing these plans within the team
- Cross-team collaboration and organizing meetings and workshops between them to clear issue and prevent future ones.
- Meetings with Team leaders and Managers in order to establish their difficulties within the team and to find a way for improvement
- Creating and executing manual and automated test scenarios
- Identifying and reporting bugs using Jira
- Scrum methodology
- Creating and maintaining automated test using Ruby, Cucumber and Webdriver
- Ensuring the software quality is according to the client expectations on all platforms: web, mobile and app.
- Communicating with all company departments (Marketing, Operations, Customer support, etc.) to ensure delivering a successful product and bug-free software.
- Creating and maintaining a knowledge base using Confluence
- Saved over 100 hours/y worth of manufacturing time by identifying faulty power supplies on pre-assembly stage.
- Doubled production capability by implementing a parallel test process saving 250 hours of work per year.
- Reduced on-boarding time of new associates by 20 days.
- Interacted with product managers to deliver performance issue resolution reports;
- Collaborated with developers and product owners to stay current on product features and intended functionality;
- Reported test findings to development team, advising staff on efficacy of subsequent remediation attempts;
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to senior managers on performance;
- Regression tests, Error guessing testing, End user testing;
- Manual testing - desktop and web applications /ERP/Warehouse software, Accounting software, Hotel system software, Android applications/;
- Implementation and testing of company software, on various computer systems, working with Oracle VM Virtual Box;
- Report, manage and track resolution of defects in a bug tracking system. Working with Scrum system and Microsoft Azure;
- Working with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2008/2012/2019 – restoring databases and executing short queries.
- Estimate test effort on every story in the backlog to maintain theupcoming work.
- Used different types of testing tools to guarantee the quality of thesoftware including back-end testing of RESTful Web services viaPostman collections and Charles debugging proxy.
- Hybrid and Native app testing on Mobile projects
- Using Test Reil as test management tool.
- Scrum framework using Agile, and Kanban methodology included
- Working with JIRA and Slack day by day
- Identified test scenarios, and created test plans from scratch viaTestRail based on the provided documentation or designs
- Maintained regression test suite.
- Work with business owners to developеrs
- Design and implement tests
- Identifying test conditions from project documentation and developing test plans and test cases
- Execute test cases (manual) and analyze results
- Write clear and accurate bug reports
- Data analysis and verification
- Regression testing and analyze impact of implementing new features and processes
Make sure to relate your experience to your job description, but never lie. That’s not tolerated and will show up in the face-to-face interview later on.
Action verbs for your quality assurance specialist resume
Quality assurance specialist resume skills section to impress recruiters
Checklist for a perfect Quality Assurance Specialist resume skills section:
- Make sure to include most if not all essential skills for the job;
- Check the job description and add some keywords to pass ATS;
- List both hard and technical skills;
- When it comes to soft skills – elaborate on them in other sections of your resume (e.g. the experience section).
Top skills for your quality assurance specialist resume
Attention to Details
Ability to work on parallel streams
Written and verbal communication
Knowledge of quality standards
When describing your experience, don’t go too far from its terminology. Recruiters use ATS systems to filter resumes based on them having certain keywords, so make sure you use at least a few keywords mentioned in the job description.
Quality assurance specialist resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your quality assurance specialist resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Quality Assurance Specialist resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
Writing an effective quality assurance specialist resume summary
Impressive quality assurance specialist resume summary checklist:
- Point out the achievements that make you a valuable applicant;
- Mention the total years of experience you have;
- Highlight the things you believe make you the best fit for the position;
- Keep it short: aim at having no more than 3-5 sentences.
Resume summary formula:
When writing a resume summary or objective, avoid first-person narrative.
Drawing the attention to your quality assurance specialist resume education section
Crafting a job-winning education section.
- Use the reverse-chronological format when listing your degrees;
- Tailor the classes you’ve taken to the position you’re applying for if you’re an entry-level candidate;
- Mention the awards and honors you’ve received;
- Add your certifications (but only those relevant to the position).
Top certifications for your quality assurance specialist resume
Advanced Quality Assurance Course - Be a QA/Test Specialist
A Guide to Quality Assurance and Test Process Improvement
Software Tester: From Zero To Hero!
Become a professional software tester starting from a scratch.
Software Testing Masterclass (2022) - From Novice to Expert
Learn software testing and become QA Engineer/Agile Tester. Mobile/Backend/Web/QA testing. JIRA, TestRail & much more!
Software Testing Interview Masterclass: Ace the QA interview
The Ultimate Software Testing Interview Course. Get a job as a software tester, QA, Manual QA, Quality Analyst, Engineer
Specialize in QA Manual Testing with Live Project+AGILE+JIRA
Become a Master in Manual Testing QA with Live Testing Projects, AGILE, JIRA, 100+Interview Questions & Lifetime support
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
Choosing the best format for your quality assurance specialist resume
The content of your Quality Assurance Specialist resume is what will get you hired, right?
But even when your content’s amazing and you’re a true over-achiever, recruiters might not think you’re a good fit if your resume looks messy or is not formatted the right way.
In general, there are three basic resume formats we advise you to stick with:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Deciding which one to use depends on your experience, the industry, and the company. In short — you need to know what your applicant profile is.
For instance, reverse-chronological resumes are great for people with over 10 years of experience and no employment gaps. Here, you need to list all your relevant experience in a reverse-chronological format, starting from the most recent and going back to less recent positions.
Functional skills-based resumes, on the other hand, are great for entry-level applicants, graduate students, or people who have different kinds of experience. It focuses on skills, education, and character traits, rather than experience.
If none of these work for you, and you dream of adopting a more creative approach that makes a difference, the combination (or hybrid) resume format is exactly what you’re looking for. It allows you to focus on both your experience and your skills, making it a ‘best of both worlds’ format. It’s also suitable for those who want to spice things up by adding different creative sections (e.g. ‘life philosophy’ or ‘what my day looks like’).
Here are some additional tips on perfecting your resume layout and style:
- Go for a traditional resume font sized 12p;
- Use standard 1-inch resume margins for increased readability;
- Make sure your resume fits on a one-page template. In case you’ve got 10 years of experience or more, your resume’s length can reach two pages;
- Avoid unwanted editing and plagiarism – save your resume as PDF before sending it to the recruiters.
Want to take it a step further? Learn how to make your resume stand out without relying too much on creativity.
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
Want to include something more to your Quality Assurance Specialist resume?
So you’ve already listed details about your education, experience, and skills. You’ve also crafted an amazing summary.
But now you feel a creative urge to showcase your personality and not just your expertise.
We’ve got you! Thanks to our modern templates, you can now include a chart of what your typical day looks like or even a word or two about your life philosophy. All this without sacrificing your Quality Assurance Specialist resume’s professional feel.
Some non-traditional sections for your resume include:
Making your quality assurance specialist resume stand out
You want to make a strong first impression to all recruiters that get a hold of your resume. Sure you do! But how?
Well, the easiest way to stand out is by adding a bit of creativity to your Quality Assurance Specialist resume. You could do this by going for a colorful layout or adding a creative section or two. It all depends on the industry and the position you’re applying for!
For instance, a position in design would allow for a more colorful resume, while a position in finance would probably not.
What makes a great quality assurance specialist resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.