Top Tech Project Manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
How to write the perfect Tech Project Manager resume experience section
Perfecting the Experience Section: Tech Project Manager Resume Checklist:
- Be careful with bullet points: use no more than 4-6 per position;
- Mention only positions that are relevant to the job you’re applying for;
- List your experience in chronological or reverse-chronological order;
- Highlight your results by using numbers – e.g. percentage increase/decrease in an important metric that’s followed by - your hard work;
- Use action words whenever possible… but more on that below.
To illustrate it more clearly, we’ve collected some of the best experience section examples from real Tech Project Manager resumes. Check them out below!
- Managed a team of 15 developers and designers to deliver 10 mobile apps within the project deadline, resulting in a 95% client satisfaction rate
- Developed project scopes and budgets, leading to an average 15% reduction in project costs while maintaining high-quality standards
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to integrate new technologies into the mobile apps, resulting in a 25% increase in user engagement
- Conducted regular client meetings to provide progress updates and gather feedback, resulting in a 100% client retention rate for two consecutive years
- Delivered 5 complex software projects within the allocated budget and timeline, resulting in a 20% increase in revenue for the company
- Managed a team of 20 developers and QA engineers, providing guidance and mentorship to improve team productivity and morale
- Implemented Agile methodologies to increase project efficiency and reduce risks, resulting in a 30% reduction in project timelines
- Developed and maintained strong relationships with clients, leading to repeat business and new referrals
- Led a team of 10 website/funnel builders and coders to manage tech tasks for 25 clients.
- Implemented marketing strategies by integrating various CRMs, payment gateways, and third-party apps into clients' websites.
- Improved team efficiency by implementing project management tools such as Asana and Trello, resulting in a 30% increase in productivity.
- Reduced post-build edits and approval times by 20% through the implementation of a detailed approval process.
- Successfully handled technical issues and found solutions for clients' 40 million $ website within tight deadlines, resulting in a 95% client retention rate.
- Improved client satisfaction by 25% through effective communication and managing their expectations.
- Generated additional revenue for the company by implementing upsells, exit pops, and 1-page checkouts, resulting in a 15% increase in sales for clients.
- Streamlined complex CRM setups and automations, resulting in a 20% increase in lead generation for clients.
- Managed website and marketing automation projects for high-level clients, including e-commerce and direct response brands, resulting in a 90% client satisfaction rate.
- Implemented complex marketing automations and strategies using marketing-related plugins such as upsells, exit pops, webinar funnels, and 1-page checkouts.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to streamline processes and improve client experience, resulting in a 20% increase in team efficiency.
- Improved website performance and speed by 30% by optimizing code and implementing caching techniques.
- Reduced post-build edits by 25% through a detailed review process.
- Managed and provided feedback to a team of 5 website/funnel builders, resulting in a 15% increase in productivity.
- Collaborated with clients to develop marketing strategies and turn them into actionable plans, resulting in a 10% increase in sales for clients.
- Managed complex CRM setups and automations, resulting in a 20% increase in lead generation for clients.
- Managed a team of 20 people, including designers, developers, and QA testers, to deliver high-quality mobile games on time and within budget.
- Oversaw the implementation of technical systems, resulting in a 30% increase in efficiency and a 20% reduction in production costs.
- Identified technical roadblocks and found creative solutions to keep projects on track, resulting in a 90% on-time delivery rate.
- Coordinated the work of the Game Automation team, resulting in a 40% increase in efficiency and a 15% reduction in production costs.
- Ensured seamless integration with Production teams, resulting in a 90% success rate for all technical system integrations.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products, resulting in a 95% on-time delivery rate.
- Managed a team of 25 people, including designers, developers, and QA testers, to deliver high-quality mobile games on time and within budget.
- Oversaw the implementation of technical systems, resulting in a 25% increase in efficiency and a 10% reduction in production costs.
- Collaborated with external partners to ensure successful product launches, resulting in a 95% success rate for all product launches.
Check the Tech Project Manager job description for inspiration. Look for similarities between your employer’s values and your experience.
Action Verbs for your Tech Project Manager Resume
Taking Control of Your Tech Project Manager Resume’s Skills Section
Writing a skills section that stands out:
- Check the job advert for keywords that you can use: this will help you pass ATS;
- Focus on relevant and valuable skills that will support your application;
- Make sure to include both hard and technical skills, leaving soft skills for other sections of your Tech Project Manager resume;
- Don’t list skills you don’t have.
Top skills for your tech project manager resume
Project Management Tools (e.g. JIRA, Asana, Trello)
Risk Assessment and Management
Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Add a Talent Section to your resume, where you can pick your top 3 soft skills and describe how you used them to complete a project or balance departmental communication.
Tech Project Manager resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist: What to include in your Tech Project Manager resume summary:
- Years of experience;
- Highlight top 3 skills and proficiencies;
- One big professional accomplishment you’re most proud of, that you can tie with the aforementioned skills;
- Use short, direct sentences - but no more than three - to keep the HRs interested.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a professional taster. Use it wisely. Effectively convey your professional profile and let the hiring manager know that if they hire you, they won’t be disappointed. Make sure to include keywords from the job description too! Elaborate on your abilities further in your experience section. Again, cater to the job description.
Formatting Your Tech Project Manager Resume
What’s worse than a .docx resume? A resume with a poorly chosen format.
In general, there are three basic resume formats we advise you to stick with:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Choosing between them is easy when you’re aware of your applicant profile – it depends on your years of experience, the position you’re applying for, and whether you’re looking for an industry change or not.
The reverse-chronological resume format is just that – all your relevant jobs in reverse-chronological order. It’s great for applicants with lots of experience, no career gaps, and little desire for creativity.
When working with less experienced applicants, we suggest the functional skills-based resume format. It’s great for recent graduates or people with large career gaps. Functional skills-based resumes focus on your personality, the skills you have, your interests, and your education. Ultimately, the idea is to show you’re the perfect fit without putting too much emphasis on your work experience (or lack thereof).
If you’re in the middle or are generally looking to make your resume feel more modern and personal, go for the combination or hybrid resume format. It offers the best of both worlds by combining sections focused on experience and work-related skills and at the same time keeping space for projects, awards, certifications, or even creative sections like ‘my typical day’ and ‘my words to live by’.
More tips on perfecting your resume style and layout:
- Choose a traditional 12p font;
- Make sure your resume margins are no bigger than an inch;
- Go for a one-page template. If you have broad experience and can’t fit your resume on one page, choose a two-page resume template
- Save your resume as PDF to avoid formatting issues and unauthorized editing.
Read this: Ways to make your Tech Project Manager resume stand out