According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Finance Executive positions are at a 17% growth rate, which is much faster than average. With that said, there are currently 681,700 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 118,200 to 799,900 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Finance Executive jobs was $134,180 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $70,830, and the highest 10% more than $208,000.
Our conclusion? The Finance Executive job market is wide open for candidates.
Top finance executive sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
A finance executive resume experience section to be proud of
Writing a strong experience section for your finance executive resume.
- List your previous jobs in chronological or reverse-chronological format;
- Use no more than 4-6 bullets per position;
- Mention only relevant work experience;
- Describe the tasks you were responsible for and how you managed to exceed expectations;
- Show you’re able to take charge by choosing action verbs over buzzwords.
Looking for real-life examples of what a strong experience section looks like? Check out our suggestions below!
- ● Responsible for pitching leads received for different types of loans
- ● Updating data to Seniors on daily basis
- ● Coordination with Bankers for feasibility check on various cases of loans
- ● Coordination with team members for tallying the inward/outward reports
- ● Learning other accounts services like income tax filing, tally, etc.
- ● Transaction accounting and reconciliation for complete O2C (Order To Cash)
- ● Billing to customers and relevant statutory compliance
- ● Reconciliation of collections to bank credit at a transaction level / macro level
- ● Handling online payment gateway transactions, dealing with Gateway, Banks.
- ● Accounts Receivable follow up and collections.
- ● Customer account reconciliation and balance confirmation.
- ● Preparation of relevant P&L and B/s schedules with analysis for Sales, Revenue, AR
- and Customer advance accounts
- Handling and maintaining the accounts major task accounting cycle include recording business transactions, making adjusting entries, summarizing account information, verifying information in accounts up to Finalization.
- Following up of Accounts Receivables and Payable.
- Maintaining Purchase and Sales including Stock Register and Software
- Making PO's, Quotations, Invoices Receipts, Payment Vouchers
- Maintain daily allied business payment log sheet in excel with fund management.
- Verify daily cash book transaction with daily business report to all sites day close in ERP.
- Preparation of monthly Bank Reconciliation for Audit Purpose.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Budgeting of Staff Payroll & Other Utility Bills
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data.
- All the E-commerce activities
- Invoice Audit
- MS-Excel processing
- Invoice Payment
- Adjust Invoice Overcharges
- Invoice Statement Processing
- Managing all accounting operations,A/R, A/P
- Posting accounting entries in accounting software
- Reconciliation of accounts and bank statements
- Preparing monthly management information report (MIS).
- Consolidation of data from different accounting software and preparing dashboard, thorough analytical review, trend analysis
- Assisting in statutory returns – PT, PF, TDS, GST.
- Monthly reporting and Month-end Closure procedures related to NCE business
- Worked on Customer invoicing, Collection, TDS accounting
- Communicating with Category, Business teams, and customers for approvals, resolving queries and driving claims etc
- Drove collections to bring in goodness to the company's P&L
- Liaising with different teams in designing process flows for various businesses
- Worked towards bringing operational efficiency through automating the processes
- Accounts Receivables : Collecting and Recording of Orders/Contracts. Raising of Invoices and Chasing for Collections.
- Accounts Payables : Verifying, Recording & Processing of Vendor Payments as per contracts. Verifying, Recording & Processing of Employee Reimbursement Claims as per policy.
- Cash Flow Forecasting : Projecting of Cash Inflows based on Accounts Receivables for six months in advance. Projecting of Cash Outflows based on Accounts Payables, Payrolls and Other Operating Expenses.
- Bank Reconciliation : Analyzing and reconciling of Inflow & Outflow between Bank and Books.
- Revenue Management & Analysis : Managing and Analyzing of Revenue for all Business Verticals in the Company.
- Revenue Reporting & Analysis : Reporting and Analyzing of Revenue for Global Business.
- Managing internal audits of the company to make sure Revenue reported is correct for each quarter end with 0% error.
- Managing Inter-company transactions and its standard norms across different countries.
- DSR Processing & reconciliation of all tenders on time in coordination of Corporate office, regular banking. Reconciliation & Processing of 3rd Party Gift Vouchers. Control over BM mode transaction/discounting.
- Sharing Bank Statement and Different MPR’s to Stores.
- Activations of GC/E-GC post checking Outstanding and Inventory (sufficient stock availability at Regional Office & Stores). GC/E-GC Revalidation, Blocking & Reissuance, and Invoice Preparation.
- Processing Customer Refunds – Home Centre, Excess payments, UPI, Paytm refund, Card refunds in case of double/excess swipe.
- NEFT/RTGS/Cheque confirmation in Omni flow Portal.
- Finance Approval of Cash Expense Vouchers as per TAT – Scrutiny/Vouching of expenses, Correctness of account code and product code used as per guidelines & Ensuring sufficient supporting’s of the expenses paid.
- Regional Admin role of petty cash operation – Providing reimbursements to Regional Office Employees as per SOP. Admin role for Happay authorizations /ID creations/Settlements/Manager Assign/ refilling of funds.
- Carrying out Yearly activity of Float Cash & Petty Cash certificates and submission to Corporate post Validation of the Balances.
- Maintaining proper records of following operations.1. Petty Cash Register and Vouchers with supporting thereof.2. Documents related to Gift Card Operations.3. Original Credit Notes (Blocked and Cancelled from IT).4. Refunds Documents.
- Maintaining standard operating procedures in all aspects of day to day work to provide uniformity of works and meet departmental objectives
- Preparing of monthly & yearly reports to the management & stakeholders.
- Managing of the cash to meet the requirements for the smooth running of the daily operations.
- Organizing budget documentation and tracked expenses to maintain tight business controls.
- Managing all the payroll operations of the organization.
- Mitigating accounting risks through identification and improvement of process inefficiencies.
- Generating reports to identify financial trends and aging accounts in need of attention.
- Supervising daily bookkeeping operations with attention to accounts receivable, accounts payable, banking reconciliation and disbursements.
- Ensuring all the transactions are by the tax regulations of U.A.E. & filing the quarterly returns in the FTA portal.
- DSR Processing & reconciliation of all tenders in coordination with Corporate office as well as of 3rd Party GVs and BM mode transaction/discounting.
- Sharing Bank Statement and Different MPR’s to Stores.
- Activations of GC/E-GC post checking Outstanding and Inventory(sufficient stock availability at Regional Office & Stores). GC/E-GCRevalidation, Blocking & Reissuance, and Invoice Preparation.
- Processing Customer Refunds – Home Centre, Excess payments, UPI,Paytm refund, Card refunds in case of double/excess swipe.
- NEFT/RTGS/Cheque confirmation in Omni flow Portal.
- Finance Approval of Cash Expense Vouchers as per TAT –Scrutiny/Vouching of expenses, Correctness of account code andproduct code used as per guidelines & Ensuring sufficientsupporting’s of the expenses paid.
- Regional Admin role of petty cash operation – Providing reimbursements to Regional Office Employees as per SOP. Admin rolefor Happay authorizations /ID creations/Settlements/Manager Assign/refilling of funds.
- Maintaining proper records of following operations:1. Petty Cash Register and Vouchers with supportings.2. Documents related to Gift Card Operations.3. Original Credit Notes (Blocked and Cancelled from IT).4. Refunds Documents.
- End-to-End Support in Reinsurance Accounting starting from Technicalbookings (SICS)
- Claims Admin Process & Credit Control Process
- SAP allocations
- Preparing key performance indicator reports
- Handling payments between various payment partners of Allianz RE
- Managing on-shore and off-shore clients through effective email handling and calls
- Preparing day to day reports
- Given training to new team members
- Conducts quality check in the reinsurance process
- Maintained a friendly relationship between clients
- Inspire & lead the accounting, IT, communications & administrative departments. Led ERP & CMMS systems, Accounts Receivable/Payable
- Financed capital projects: $20M in General Obligation bond, $130M federal/state revolving funds, & $21M American Recovery & Reinvestment Act grants
- Directed communications campaign to defer spending $223M
- Lean integration of $250,000 in annual savings
- Took organization with annual losses and turned it around to positive revenues (-$3 million to $8 million) with responsibility for budget & P&L
- Accurately forecast project revenue, profitability, costs, margins and cash flow
- Manages treasury function including local bank accounts, cash flow, payments
- Provides quarterly and annual reporting support tobusinesses
- Completed several large improvement projects within the financial reporting chain
- Led the reorganization of the Finance function within Rabobank Ridderkerk Midden IJsselmonde
- Realized a turnaroundwithin one year of the in control status of Rabobank West-Brabant Noord Managing Director Attijariwafa Bank Europe SA, Dutch branch
- Assisted in preparation of budgeting, forecasting and strategic plans
- Analysis of data and Created reports for the review of performance vs targets, to explain variances from budget and to evaluate new opportunities
- Prepared monthly reporting to inform the key stakeholders within the local organization
- Assessment of sales incentive schemes, accruals and payouts
- Analysis of key performance indicators such as sales volume, net revenue, discounts, group contribution and stock development
- Formulating the Reconciliation Logic for International Clients. Resolving the Recon Issues with the Indian Clients.
- Closing the month end numbers of the properties and resolving for discrepancies.
- Handling the process of on-boarding of properties and research of the same to validate.
- Working to get any undue payments from the clients.
- Handling the tax matters for Indian properties and approval of their GSTIN
- Training and coordinating day to day operations and quality control.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the industry and be aware of the technical issues.
- Recognise the potential issues faced by the clients, and resolving them timely.
- Commercial bid preparation and evaluation of costing parameters (pricing analysis) using various financial models.
- Vendor documentation and commercials review to ensure appropriate risk and credit coverage.
- Contractual documentation review (RFPs, service agreements, proposals, etc) from finance perspective and highlighting potential risks from commercial view point.
- Sales order management and internal audit. Revenue analysis and reporting for India-business unit customers.
- Books reconciliation- revenue and invoicing.
- Conduct training for new joinees and within the team to enhance knowledge base and improve efficiency.
- Played a key role in suggesting process improvements and tool implementation strategies for smooth business enablement.
Include quantitative data throughout your Finance Executive resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action verbs for your finance executive resume
Taking Control of Your Finance Executive Resume’s Skills Section
A skills section that shows what you’re capable of includes:
- Keywords from the job advert to help you pass ATS;
- Both hard and soft skills, incl. technical skills and people skills;
- Skills that are relevant to the position you’re applying for;
- No more than 15 skills – to keep your resume readable.
Top skills for your finance executive resume
Add a Talent Section to your resume, where you can pick your top 3 soft skills and describe how you used them to complete a project or balance departmental communication.
Finance executive resume header: Tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your finance executive resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Finance Executive resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
A finance executive resume summary that spotlights your achievements
Checklist: a strong finance executive resume summary:
- Use adjectives that highlight the character traits you’re most proud of;
- Mention 1-2 of your biggest achievements;
- Add keywords from the job advert to increase your chances of passing ATS;
- Keep the recruiter’s attention by going for short sentences.
resume summary formula:
When writing a resume summary or objective, avoid first-person narrative.
Creating an impressive education section for your finance executive resume
The education section: checklist
- List your degrees in reverse-chronological order;
- Include your degree subject, place of study, name of institution, and year of graduation;
- Add a line or two about your relevant certifications;
- Mention some classes and projects that have helped you gain additional skills.
Top certifications for your finance executive resume
Finance for Non Finance Executives
Accounting and Finance Fundamentals for Non Finance Executives
Financial Intelligence For Non-Finance Managers
Financial Intelligence for Entrepreneurs, Executives, and Directors
Financial Statements Basics
For Non Finance Executives
Essential Finance for Business Managers
Step by step introduction to finance & accounting concepts for non finance executives & entrepreneurs
The Complete Finance Manager Course 2022
Financial Management, ERP systems, Accounting, Capital budgeting, Presentation design, Management, and Negotiation
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
A professional format for your finance executive resume
There are some aspects worth taking into consideration when choosing the format of your Finance Executive resume. These include the position and company you’re applying for, your total years of experience, whether you’ve been through some employment gaps, and so on.
Generally speaking, there are three basic resume formats for you to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The reverse-chronological resume format is just that: all your jobs listed in a reverse-chronological way, starting from the most recent and moving backward. It’s great for highly experienced professionals with over 10 years in the industry behind their backs. The reason for this: it’s almost entirely focused on experience and achievements.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is just the opposite. It’s based on your skills, personality, and expertise. It highlights what you’re capable of even when you don’t have sufficient work experience. This makes it great for students, recent graduates, or people with larger career gaps.
If neither of these sounds like you, go for the combination resume format. It’s a combination of the best characteristics of other formats, which makes it great for showcasing different aspects of your career and education. It also gives you plenty of options to choose from – in terms of colors, structure, and sections.
Check out our additional tips on perfecting your Finance Executive resume’s style and layout:
- Choose traditional 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for a serif or sans serif resume font that’s easy to read yet looks professional (e.g. Arial, Verdana, or Calibri);
- Keep your Finance Executive resume short: one-page template are preferable, but if you have over 10 years of experience, you can also go for a two-page format;
- Save your resume as PDF and choose a suitable name, e.g. NameSurnameResume;
Tired of looking for ways to make your resume stand out? Read this article!
Test your draft Finance Executive resume by sending it out to peers and mentors in your circles. Ask them to review it as if they are hiring you for a project and implement the feedback afterwards.
Additional sections for your finance executive resume
After drafting the required sections of your Finance Executive resume, it’s now time to move to something a bit more fun. There are a number of sections you can add to your resume depending on the company, the position, and how you’re feeling in general:
Adding the right kind of creativity to your finance executive resume
It is through creativity that we express ourselves. And trust us, it’s important to show at least a bit of your personality if you want to leave a strong first impression.
But what are the ways to add creativity to your Finance Executive resume? Well, you can either go for a colorful and engaging template, or you could add some out-of-the-box sections, such as ‘life philosophy’ or ‘what my typical day looks like’.
It’s up to you! Just make sure that the level of creativity matches the position, the company, and the industry you’re applying for.
What makes a great finance executive resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.