Professional Computer Support Specialist Resume Examples & Guide for 2020
8 minute read
Updated on 2020-07-07
You’re a computer wiz who can save the day fixing issues, and you’re searching for a job where you can do just that. First, you must write an impressive computer support specialist resume that makes you stand out.
These simple pointers will help you write a resume that puts your name at the top of the list.
Read our comprehensive guide on how long a resume should be.
Computer Support Specialist resume experience examples from real resumes
Computer Support SpecialistGovernment of Newfoundland and LabradorOffice of the Chief Information Officer Computer Support SpecialistNBC Universal, TelemundoResponsible for the day-to-day operational support for over 50 servers and 350 Endpoint systems. Computer Support SpecialistNew England Research institutesBI Incorporated is a market leader in providing GPS tracking for correction alternatives.
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a Computer Support Specialist resume:
- Proven track record - Recruiters are looking for someone with proven experience diagnosing and resolving computer issues, so make sure your resume highlights your competency in these areas.
- Customer service oriented - Companies call on you to help staff and customers resolve their computer issues. A customer-focused attitude, such as patience and positivity, is essential for landing the job.
- Updated knowledge - Technology is constantly evolving. Computer support specialists must keep on top of their learning to be successful in their role. Mention your areas of expertise in your resume skills section.
- Problem solver - Outstanding computer support specialists don’t quit when faced with obstacles.
- Relevant qualifications - Most companies hire specialists with a relevant degree or diploma in computer science, IT, or other related disciplines. It’s also a great idea to include extra certifications you’ve done in the education section.
PRO TIPUse the chronological resume format to draw the most attention to your work experience. This layout is perfect for computer support specialist resumes because the most important factor that recruiters look for is relevant experience working with computers. List your past roles, starting with the most recent one.
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Computer Support Specialist resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Computer Support Specialist resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Try free for 7 days
Variety of custom sections