According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Marketing & Advertising Sales Agents positions are at a 3% growth rate, which is slower than average. With that said, there are currently 115,100 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 3,600 to 118,700 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Marketing & Advertising Sales Agents jobs was $54,940 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $26,700, and the highest 10% more than $124,030.
Our conclusion? The Marketing & Advertising Sales Agents job market is wide open for candidates.
Top advertising sales representative sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
How to write an advertising sales representative resume experience section
Advertising sales representative resume experience: checklist
- Use either chronological or reverse-chronological format when listing your previous jobs;
- Mention only relevant positions that add value to your resume;
- Briefly state the challenges you’ve faced and how you’ve overcome them;
- Highlight the results from your efforts (for bonus points, add numbers, percentage rates, etc.);
- Forget about buzzwords! Use power verbs instead.
Use the examples below to build your own experience section!
- Transferred competencies from the Headquarter
- Implemented the new department in the Italian subsidiary
- Caught the attention of the customers
- Defined a structure to handle the projects in the new location
- Created contacts and negotiated with internal and external players
- Obtained the first orders achieving the goal of the company
- Collaborated with an international team
- Helping make commerce better for high growth, high volume merchants
- Given problems, find solutions; find problems, present solutions
- Working with the outbound sales team with projects ranging from cold calls, internal content creation, project planning, HubSpot, and prospecting
- Revenues: Responsible to plan and achieve the budgeted sales of Handsets, Mobile Accessories, Prepaid, Postpaid, 4G Devices across 130 plus The Mobile Stores in North..
- Sales Management: Planning and achieving of Store
- wise, Category
- wise Targets. Driving 20000 Prepaid, 1100 Postpaid, 50
- 4G Data Card & 35 Crores. Recharge Revenue on annual basis.
- Store Operations: Team size
- 2 DR, 300 promoters with support of 11 Area Operation Managers, 400 plus Store team & Store Managers. Maintaining store productivity Promoter Productivity.
- Execution of Store VM, Launch of new products, Incentive Schemes, Payouts, Training Marketing Inshop Branding etc, Opening New Stores.
- Responsible for revenue of 65 Crores Per Annum, 25000+ New Customer Acquisitions per month through 6 distributors/2700 retailers; Supervising 2 Off
- role Executives & 80+ Distributor Executives. Activations growth by 20% and Tertiary Growth 10% MOM.
- Deliver overall Customer Market Share (CMS) target for the area which is @28.1%.
- Expanded Distribution Network Width & Depth to Improve Delivery to End Customer. Implemented Sales Plans and Local Sales Promotion Schemes for Visibility Campaigns and New Product Launches.
- Directed work of efficient administrative team maintaining accurate sales, inventory and order documentation.
- Collaborated with internal teams to evaluate costs against expected market price points and set structures to achieve profit targets.
- Worked diligently to resolve unique and recurring complaints, promoting loyalty and enhancing operations
- Gave benefit-oriented, polished presentations driving revenue growth across multiple sales channels
- Managed and motivated sales team to increase revenue by 4 Cr. in 1 year
- Captured and completed sales with customer-savvy quotes, proposals and contract management strategies.
- Connected with prospects through multi-pronged approaches, including trade shows, cold calling and local area networking.
- Established ambitious sales targets, managed deployment strategies and developed go-to-market plans to capitalize on every revenue opportunity.
- Monitored customer buying trends, market conditions and competitor actions to adjust strategies and achieve sales goals.
- Implemented new marketing initiatives to drive sales and improve overall performance.
- Streamlined sales processes for team of 08 employees to increase productivity and decrease closing time.
- Monitored sales processes to identify areas in need of improvement and implemented systems to rectify issues
- Provided exceptional customer service to foster client loyalty and satisfaction
- Negotiated contracts and sales terms with new and existing clients.
- Monitored sales team performance and provided constructive feedback.
- Hired, supervised and coached 08 employees on sales strategies to optimize performance.
- Managed accounts to retain existing relationships and grow share of business.
- Request For Proposal: Increased the RFP base for the hotel by 16% through accurate business case presentation to Global Sales Team.
- Wholesale and Inbound Business: Increased the Inbound and Wholesale business through new acquisition and focused contracting.
- Attracted new clientele and developed customer relationships by hosting product-focused events.
- Built relationships with customers and community to establish long-term business growth.
- Departmental Responsibilities: Officiated as Head of Department from June 2015 to December 2015 and actively participated in Rooms Budget finalization and presenting it to Owners.
- Drive Customer Service & Experience: Part of Hotel's Pilot project of aligning Organizations Vision to Customer Service and Experience through effective Empathy interviews and Client Emotional experiences.
- SMART Strategy Implementation: Increased Market Share through implementation of specific strategies and achieved 8% increase in Average Rate and 2% increase in Volume segment.
- Project Stage: Assisted Director of Sales in the below mentioned tasks- Establish Departmental Policies- Marketing and Business Plan- Market Research and Pricing- SWOT Analysis
- Delivered engaging sales presentations to new clients, explaining technical information in simplified language to promote features and increase client base.
- Identified opportunities for growth within Central India territory and collaborated with sales teams to reach sales goal.
- Aggressively pursued competitive accounts by differentiating company from competitors.
- Handled all customer relations issues pleasantly, enabling quick resolution and client satisfaction.
- Request For Proposal: Business Case presentation to clients to source RFP for PAN India Hilton hotels.
- Feeder Market Business: Ensure business generation from Pune and Aurangabad regions for PAN India Hilton Hotels.
- AUTO EXPO: Generated 1.3 Cr group room revenue for Hilton hotel in Delhi region during Auto Expo event in 2012.
- Acquisition: Market Share for Barclays moved from Competition hotel by 100% through effective RFP contracting.
- Aggressively pursued competitive accounts by differentiating company from competitors.
- Develop strategic relationships with key clients to foster profitable business initiatives
- Organized promotional events and interacted with community to increase sales volume.
- Develop value-added solutions and approaches by leveraging trends in customer marketplaces and industries.
- Project Team Member.
- Managed entire sales cycle across customer accounts, proposing and closing sales to achieve total revenue growth, profit and customer satisfaction plans.
- Remained current on industry trends to better understand customer needs, product effectiveness and sales tactics
- Competition Knowledge: To understand the competition hotel strategies and develop SWOT analysis so as to maximize the revenues.
- Collaborated with internal teams to evaluate costs against expected market price points and set structures to achieve profitrgets.
- Maintained detailed records of sales progress, inventories and marketing success to better align goals with company priorities.
- Remained current on industry trends to better understand customer needs, product effectiveness and sales tactics.
- Exceeded sales goals of INR 98 lacs by leveraging interpersonal communication skills and product knowledge to cultivate and secure new customer relationships through effective sales process cycle.
- MIS & Database Management: Reporting MIS to Corporate office on monthly basis.
- Chain Contracting: Contracting for PAN India Royal Orchid Hotel and drive business.
- Exceeded goals through effective task prioritization and great work ethics.
- Proved successful working within tight deadlines and fast-paced atmosphere.
- Offered friendly and efficient service to all customers, handled challenging situations with ease.
- Completed all paperwork, recognizing any discrepancies and addressing them in a timely fashion.
- Worked flexible hours; weekend, and holidays
- In my current role as an office sales assistant, I serve and provide consumers with recommendations about any products and services they are interested in. Responsibilities include:
- Providing customers with advice on the right products for them.
- Dealing with customer complaints, and escalating the issue to management level if necessary.
- Organising deliveries in and out of the warehouse.Dealing with customer emails.
- Very clear communication abilities both in person and on the phone.Reminding customers of any company promotions.
- Achieve my monthly goals of 200 000 from the third month
- Deploy enterprise-wide CRM
- Develop a sales team
- Implement crm
- I sold more than one million pesos per team per month
- Get the team to commission for the first time
- Design of energy efficiency improvement projects for chillers/air handling unit systems.
- Representing unique solutions with quality for industrial projects to customers.
- Consulting services HVAC project design phase to industrial companies.
- Forecast target by searching the market needs and to develop the business and promote our Paint products to companies in Pakistan
- Present solutions to clients and secure sales contracts
- Design of steam/condensate systems, including flow diagrams, pipe sizing and preparation of bill of materials
- Design of efficiency improvement projects for steam/condensate systems
- Design of energy recovery systems (flue gas, waste water, flash steam), calculation of energy savings, preparation of feasibility study and calculation of investment cost
- Plant audits, investigation of steam efficiency, troubleshooting of problems in steam/condensate system, and proposing energy saving/recovery projects
- Design of the BMS system for large-scale projects (like hospitals, hotels, plants, ....etc).
- Studying project tender documents and preparing a techno-commercial offer.
- Selection and sizing of control valves.
- Selection and sizing of air valves.
- Preparing system take-off and system BOQ according to project documentation.
- Demonstrating new products and technologies to the consultants and end-users.
- Preparation of the cost analysis for the project.
- Technical support.
- Testing, commissioning, and start-up of Enraf automatic tank gauging system.
- Effectively handled the communications 2nd line team, clients, and stakeholders
- Main task was to give cold calls (telesales / telemarketing) to random people using the data provided by the company and sell the services of the company which is English training for people who wants to improve their skills in English such as writing, reading, speaking and listening.
- Assist the operations department in terms of schedules and unresolved issues with customers/students.
- Doing presentation and orientation to customer who visits the institute for inquiries and giving them general information regarding the services of the company.
Include quantitative data throughout your Advertising Sales Representative resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action verbs for your advertising sales representative resume
Advertising sales representative resume: the skills section!
How to write a strong advertising sales representative resume skills section?
- Make sure to include all types of skills - soft, hard, technical;
- Focus on skills that show your expertise in the field;
- Check the job description for keywords and make sure to add them to your resume – this will help you pass ATS;
- Leave room for discussion – elaborate on some of your strongest skills in other sections of your resume
Top skills for your advertising sales representative resume
Research / Information Gathering.
Don’t feel obliged to spend a separate section for your soft skills - you can weave them throughout your job experience or career summary. But, don’t just write empty words - back them with examples.
Advertising sales representative resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your advertising sales representative resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Include a link to your portfolio in your Advertising Sales Representative resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
A career summary for your advertising sales representative resume
Things to include in your advertising sales representative resume summary:
- Your total years of experience in the industry;
- 2-3 of your most remarkable achievements so far;
- How your experience relates to the position you’re applying for;
- A very brief description of your strengths.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a professional taster. Use it wisely. Effectively convey your professional profile and let the hiring manager know that if they hire you, they won’t be disappointed. Make sure to include keywords from the job description too! Elaborate on your abilities further in your experience section. Again, cater to the job description.
Advertising sales representative resume: The education section
Things to include in your resume's education section:
- Your highest education degree – including course, year of graduation, institution;
- Awards received as part of your education;
- Extracurricular activities that have helped you gain relevant skills;
- Certifications that have helped you master new skills and increase your expertise;
- Entry-level applicants only: relevant courses and projects.
Top Certifications for your Advertising Sales Representative resume
Sales Representative - From Beginner to Advanced
An external sales course for sales representatives calling on outlets such as retailers & wholesalers
Ultimate Google Ads Training 2021: Profit with Pay Per Click
Google Ads 2021: How our clients have transformed their sales using Google Ads & get your Google Ads certification!
Facebook Ads Profit Bootcamp: Covert Ads into Sales!
Learn everything you need to know about Facebook Advertising and create high performing Ads that convert to Sales!
Sales Training: Practical Sales Techniques
Sales Hacking: Essential sales skills, sales strategies and sales techniques to sell just about anything!
Facebook Ads & Instagram Ads Course 2022 + Meta 410-101 Exam
Learn Facebook Ads Properly. Boost E-commerce Sales. Enjoy Quizzes. Become 410-101: Certified Media Buying Professional.
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
Choosing the right format for your advertising sales representative resume
In general, there are three basic formats for your resume:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Some things to consider when choosing the right format for your Advertising Sales Representative resume include the stage of your career, whether you have all the right skills required for the job or are looking for an industry change, and what field you’re looking to grow in.
The reverse-chronological resume format is the most common one. It lets you describe your most recent job and then move backward. This makes it great for people who have around or less than 10 years of experience and are looking to highlight only their work-related skills and qualities.
If you’re just starting your career journey and reverse-chronological resumes sound too demanding, go for the functional resume format. It’s ideal for showcasing your strengths, personal qualities, skills, education, and the courses you’ve taken, without putting too much pressure on experience and expertise.
Don’t worry if neither of these sounds suitable for you – the hybrid or combination resume format will surely match your needs. It’s similar to the reverse-chronological, but with a catchy twist. Combination or hybrid resumes are great for showcasing both your experience and work-related skills and your personal qualities. Add a “What my day looks like” section for enhancing the jaw-dropping experience!
Here are some more things worth remembering when it comes to formatting your Advertising Sales Representative resume:
- Choose standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Go for traditional resume fonts sized 10-12p;
- Match the length of your Advertising Sales Representative resume with your experience – choose a one-page template if you have less than 10 years of experience, and be careful with two-page templates – use them only when applying for executive positions;
- Save your resume in PDF to avoid formatting issues and potential unauthorized editing.
Tired of getting rejected? Check out this article on how to craft a resume that stands out!
Sometimes you’ll want to go after a job which requires more experience than you have. Instead of using a typical Advertising Sales Representative resume layout, you can use a creative layout. Getting noticed is the most important challenge and a creative resume layout might help you get invited for an interview as most of other accountants have boring resume designs.
Other sections suitable for your advertising sales representative resume
Depending on the position and the industry, you can spice your resume up by adding some more sections. They will help the recruiter get a glimpse of who you are as a person, besides all your job-related skills and qualities.
Here are some examples:
How to add creativity to your advertising sales representative resume
Gone are the days when creative resumes were frowned upon by recruiters!
What’s more, the right amount of creativity will make recruiters remember you and want to learn more about who you are – both as an individual and as a professional.
There are two ways to build a creative resume - add creative sections or go for a more creative design approach in general. Go for whatever suits you, the position, and the industry most!
What makes a great advertising sales representative resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.