According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Quality Assurance Manager positions are at a much faster than average growth rate, which is 22%. With that said, there are currently 1,847,900 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 409,500 to 2,257,400 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Quality Assurance Manager jobs was $110,140 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $65,210, and the highest 10% more than $170,100.
Our conclusion? The Quality Assurance Manager job market is facing competition due to decreasing demand.
Top quality assurance manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
What to write in your quality assurance manager experience section
Perfecting your quality assurance manager resume experience section:
- Focus on results, not responsibilities;
- Use 4-6 bullet points per position;
- List only positions that are relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Include at least some form of quantitative data – it can be linked to the number of people you’ve managed or the - percentage decrease in costs that’s followed from your work - you decide;
- Choose action verbs over buzzwords.
We’ve collected some of the top resume experience sections from real Enhancv users. Check them out when drafting your own Quality Assurance Manager resume!
- 60% UI issues resolved of the SAAED Application in just 5 weeks’ time
- Reduced 70% of the development issues from the SAAED Application in 8 weeks’ time
- Deployed SAAED Application in Production with minimal resources i.e. with a team of only 3 developers
- Re-engineered IPS project and deployed in Abu Dhabi Traffic Police Patrol Smart Car in just 4 weeks
- Worked on 4 major UAE Government projects including SAAED System, Abu Dhabi National Ambulance System (ADNA), Intelligent Patrol System (IPS) & Emirates Vehicle Gate (EVG)
- Implemented Agile methodology with SCRUM framework
- Took the ownership for the Requirements Gathering, Change Management, Quality Assurance and Testing Process
- Successful deployment & training of SAAED system and installation of the related software in Panasonic Tough Books used by SAAED Police
- Product Owner/Scrum Master/Technical Consultant
- Hiring, Resource allocation, Managing Automation Center of Excellence
- Technical assistance for App & API automation using Selenium, REST Assured.
- Product owner for in house products like TAAS (Testing as a Service), Reporting dashboard.
- Scrum master – Conduct scrum planning, capacity planning, define acceptance criteria, backlog grooming, run retrospectives.
- Presenting aggregate view of weekly, monthly & scrum metrics to management.
- Manage automation requests from multiple portfolios.
- Manages the activities of the QA Department (6 engineers, 30+ technicians and inspectors),
- New products introduction, reliability testing,
- Improve finish goods outgoing inspection plan from AQL 0.65% to 0.4% at same staffing.
- Reduced the department budget by 40% in 2 years.
- Manages the activities of the QA Department (5 engineers, 30+ technicians and inspectors),
- Optimization of job
- Improve the cooperation and quality of parts from Far-East suppliers (COPQ reduced by 70%)
- Manages the activities of the QA Dep. (6 engineers, 30+ technicians and inspectors),
- Improve finish goods outgoing inspection plan from AQL 0.65% to 0.4% at same staffing.
- New products introduction, reliability testing,
- Reduced the department budget by 40% in 2 years.
- Responsible for the quality assurance of the entire product suite.
- Build, implement and direct quality assurance principles and strategies, and maintain the quality of delivery.
- Recruitment, orientation, training, coaching, monitoring and disciplinary management of QA Engineers.
- Huge focus on motivating the team, recognize great talent, and bringing the best out of each individual.
- Lead and directed the QA team with technical expertise in Test Automation and Quality Assurance
- Lead performance testing for new products and features
- Manage and lead the complete release process including identification of release scope, internal release notes, timing, cordination and release demos.
- Quickly ramp-up in a challenging project in the Private & Commercial Clients area: European Questionnaire;
- Coordinated the QA recruitment process for the PCC domain;
- Team leadership with 15 direct reports & 3 vendors;
- Created the development plans and defined the trainings needs for them;
- Completed annual performance reviews with direct feedback to HR;
- Acted as an escalation point for all QA related topics in 8 projects;
- Managed stakeholders across Belgium, Spain & Germany;
- QA domain representative in the internal & global management meetings.
- Responsible for developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy of the company. Creating whole new QA lifecycle in Gitlab from scratch
- Responsible for testing wireframes in very early stage of the project
- Review product requirements and user stories for testing purposes. Identify risks or design flaws and provide solutions to develop and implement.
- Creating and execution of Test Plans and test cases for mobile/web applications
- Performing functional tests like Sanity, Regression, Smoke, Interruption and others. Non-functional like Compatibility, Security, Usability and other type of testing like user acceptance testing, etc.
- Responsible for building QA team
- Active participant in project planning and project resourcing
- Setting up Automation environment based on Selenium Web Driver with Java and for some tests selenium IDE plugin for Firefox.
- Distribution of Tasks among Developers and Designer/QA
- Plan, assign, and manage the daily activities of direct reports supporting the ongoing product releases.
- Document, communicate and facilitate correction of defects discovered during the product life cycle, working with the developers and product managers to ensure appropriate follow through to resolution.
- Working in Agile, Scrum methodology
- Line Clearance procedures
- Batch Manufacturing Record maintenance
- SOPs Generations
- Verify the operators' performance in following the client's instructions/regulations.
- Preparation of quality documentation for internal testing, performed during processing.
- Manage the complicance errors made during or after the order executions.
- Planning of control activities, interacting with the production manager and third parties.
- Rebuilt quality management systems for under-performing center and raised KPI scores 20+ points (from 70-90) within first 6 months of hire.
- Created and taught customized training plan for 3 direct reports, dropping internal error rate score and improving employee morale.
- Ensured sustainable, continuous business growth by mentoring 15-member Center Leadership Team on best quality and operations management practices.
- Managed Projects which impacted manypartner teams and ensured swift Productiondeployments with no defects
- Created test strategy, test cases, built an automation framework with Selenium to automate the new Amazon profile page, and handed it over to the Development team.
- Enable automation on all Ad types and major device types.
- Led the QA team to create a framework that takes screenshots of the Fire TV Ads, Fire Tablet wake screens and Kindle e-Reader Ads across various generation of devices and provided a tool to the technicians to manually verify the design and UI elements.
- Led the QA team to implement a self service tool which polls the queue and submits the advertisement campaigns to the existing automation tools.
- Pioneering the QA for 3DEXPERIENCE transformation inside 3DEXCITE
- Leading the testing and validating of Business and Industry Processes
- License and Cloud Platform Manager for QA across 11 global regions
- Streamlining QA + Dev Processes in accordance to ISTQB & CMMI5 best practices
- Release Engineering (reduced the release cycle time by 85%)
- Enhanced the functional automation framework (added 200+ E2E critical path tests)
- Established the mobile app test automation framework (25% of functional flows automated)
- Redefined QA processes to ensure efficient testing and effective communication between teams
- Participated in feature reviews with UX team and product managers
- Working on performance testing using Apache Jmeter
- Mentored qa/development team members in automation best practices
- Managed Test infrastructure on AWS
- Managing the global pilot and product iteration for Encory with our first customer, BMW Iberica and its 200+ dealers
- Developing and implementing data-driven optimisations for product features and Supply-Chain & IT processes
- Managing C-Level stakeholders across BMW Germany, Spain & France
- Team leadership with one direct and four dotted line reportees
- Implementation of Quality System, ISO 13485, and CE mark in partners plants located in Emerging Countries.
- Reduced production defects 30% by implementing new SQA processes that improved regression testing methods
- Reduced test time and number of defects caused by late code arrivals by 60% with branching strategy
- Lead of the Quality Assurance team.
- Work closely with Supervisors and Customer Support Representatives to ensure OpenTable customers have exceptional customer experience
- Help agents grow and develop their talents and expand their knowledge of OpenTable products and services
- Revised the Customer Support Tier 1 New Hire Training
- Organized, wrote, designed and implemented the new training program which created a new experience for our new Customer Support Representatives
- Created content that was engaging, memorable and impactful
- Ensured that CSRs would feel prepared once they started taking calls and responding to emails
- Partnered with the Trainers in the Sales Operations department, as well as SMEs in other departments to gather the most up to date information and confirm content was accurate
- Worked closely with the UK team to create a similar program tailored to their needs. My new hire training program is also used in Japan and Australia
- Lead the first training class for Project Boomerang and received positive feedback from the CSRs in the class
- CSRs from my class have gone onto become Senior CSRs and Supervisors
- Work closely with the current Trainer for Customer Support. Provide guidance and support as needed. Assisted in the creation of training surveys to gather data on the New Hire Training classes. Brainstorm new ideas for the overall Customer Support training program.
- Verify the operators' performance in following the client's instructions / regulations
- Preparation of quality documentation for internal testing, performed during processing
- Manage the complicance errors made during or after the order executions
- Planning of control activities, interacting with the production manager and third parties
Make sure to relate your experience to your job description, but never lie. That’s not tolerated and will show up in the face-to-face interview later on.
Action verbs for your quality assurance manager resume
Quality assurance manager resume skills section to impress recruiters
Checklist for a perfect Quality Assurance Manager resume skills section:
- Make sure to include most if not all essential skills for the job;
- Check the job description and add some keywords to pass ATS;
- List both hard and technical skills;
- When it comes to soft skills – elaborate on them in other sections of your resume (e.g. the experience section).
Top skills for your quality assurance manager resume
Attention to Details
Ability to work on parallel streams
Written and verbal communication
Knowledge of quality standards
Don’t feel obliged to spend a separate section for your soft skills - you can weave them throughout your job experience or career summary. But, don’t just write empty words - back them with examples.
Quality assurance manager resume header: Tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your quality assurance manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Quality Assurance Manager resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
Writing an effective quality assurance manager resume summary
Impressive quality assurance manager resume summary checklist:
- Point out the achievements that make you a valuable applicant;
- Mention the total years of experience you have;
- Highlight the things you believe make you the best fit for the position;
- Keep it short: aim at having no more than 3-5 sentences.
Resume summary formula:
Include a link to your portfolio in your resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
Drawing the attention to your Quality Assurance Manager resume education section
Crafting a job-winning education section.
- Use the reverse-chronological format when listing your degrees;
- Tailor the classes you’ve taken to the position you’re applying for if you’re an entry-level candidate;
- Mention the awards and honors you’ve received;
- Add your certifications (but only those relevant to the position).
Top certifications for your quality assurance manager resume
Learn Basic to Advance JIRA for Testers/QA/Test Manager-2022
Setup Jira Trial Account | Bug Tracking, Task Management & Agile/Scrum Project Management using JIRA | Realtime Examples
Great Product Manager: Product Management by Microsoft's PM
Become a Great Product Manager! Land your dream job with Microsoft's Senior Product Manager. Free CV review included!
Azure Basics for Project Manager,BA,QA (AZ-900)
Learn the fundamental of Azure without any prior knowledge of Azure or any cloud platform relevant for AZ-900
The Project Management Course: Beginner to PROject Manager
The Complete Course for becoming a Successful Project Manager
Management Skills: New Manager Training Update 2022
Management Skills Certification in Developing People, Leading Teams & Process Improvement in the New Hybrid Work Culture
There are dozens of certifications that you can claim as a Quality Assurance Manager. But, some are more effective than others. That’s why you mustn’t include every certificate other applicants might have. Try instead to earn and list a few of the difficult ones.
Choosing the best format for your quality assurance manager resume
The content of your Quality Assurance Manager resume is what will get you hired, right?
But even when your content’s amazing and you’re a true over-achiever, recruiters might not think you’re a good fit if your resume looks messy or is not formatted the right way.
In general, there are three basic resume formats we advise you to stick with:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Deciding which one to use depends on your experience, the industry, and the company. In short — you need to know what your applicant profile is.
For instance, reverse-chronological resumes are great for people with over 10 years of experience and no employment gaps. Here, you need to list all your relevant experience in a reverse-chronological format, starting from the most recent and going back to less recent positions.
Functional skills-based resumes, on the other hand, are great for entry-level applicants, graduate students, or people who have different kinds of experience. It focuses on skills, education, and character traits, rather than experience.
If none of these work for you, and you dream of adopting a more creative approach that makes a difference, the combination (or hybrid) resume format is exactly what you’re looking for. It allows you to focus on both your experience and your skills, making it a ‘best of both worlds’ format. It’s also suitable for those who want to spice things up by adding different creative sections (e.g. ‘life philosophy’ or ‘what my day looks like’).
Here are some additional tips on perfecting your resume layout and style:
- Go for a traditional resume font sized 12p;
- Use standard 1-inch resume margins for increased readability;
- Make sure your resume fits on a one-page template. In case you’ve got 10 years of experience or more, your resume’s length can reach two pages;
- Avoid unwanted editing and plagiarism – save your resume as PDF before sending it to the recruiters.
Want to take it a step further? Learn how to make your resume stand out without relying too much on creativity.
If you feel that you don’t have high chances in a particular company, due to lack of relevant experience, then you can still consider using a creative layout. That might help you get noticed and invited for an interview, as most of the other applicants will have boring resume designs.
Want to include something more to your quality assurance manager resume?
So you’ve already listed details about your education, experience, and skills. You’ve also crafted an amazing summary.
But now you feel a creative urge to showcase your personality and not just your expertise.
We’ve got you! Thanks to our modern templates, you can now include a chart of what your typical day looks like or even a word or two about your life philosophy. All this without sacrificing your Quality Assurance Manager resume’s professional feel.
Some non-traditional sections for your resume include:
Making your quality assurance manager resume stand out
You want to make a strong first impression to all recruiters that get a hold of your resume. Sure you do! But how?
Well, the easiest way to stand out is by adding a bit of creativity to your Quality Assurance Manager resume. You could do this by going for a colorful layout or adding a creative section or two. It all depends on the industry and the position you’re applying for!
For instance, a position in design would allow for a more colorful resume, while a position in finance would probably not.
What makes a great quality assurance manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.