Professional Product Engineer Resume Examples & Guide for 2021
8 minute read
Updated on 2021-01-14
A well-written product engineer resume is the first step in your job search journey. But an average, run-of-the-mill resume won't impress anyone, let alone a recruiter.
There are certain things recruiters look for, including your ability to research, design, and develop new products. Here’s a short guide to getting started.
For a deeper look into what’s the best resume format for you based on experience, check out our guides:
Product Engineer resume experience examples from real resumes
Product EngineerCekap Technical Services Sdn. Bhd.Key achievements:
Managed 3 major oil projects with a total budget of $50MM to upgrade the quality and reliability of engineering systems in a crude oil exploration and production facility.
Reduced overall project costs by $120,000 and 60 man hours by preparing precise budgets and schedules for proposals and cost analysis reviews.
PPAP for Opel and GM projects
Product EngineerTJ Cross Engineers, Inc. (contracted through PTS Staffing Solutions)Automotive industry
Delivered a web portal for project life cycle management in Cisco
Developed an automated REST utility using Postman to manage change in project configurations
Engineered voicemail, auto attendant supported Cisco Unity Express
Product EngineerTeklas BulgariaWipro is a global IT, consulting and outsourcing company.
Lead product engineer for the electrical and mechanical development and design of electro-mechanical flight simulation motion bases.
As a result of technical system and troubleshooting expertise, was tasked with operating the 24-hour customer support and issue resolution hotline for flight simulation training centers.
Effectively managed supplier development projects with both electronics and component vendors to improve product quality and cost. Consistently accomplished desired results through effective problem resolution.
Here’s what a recruiter is looking for in a Product Engineer resume
- Appropriate resume sections: Your resume should include a header, summary, experience, skills, and education section.
- Relevant experience: What types of products have you engineered? What industry did you work in? Which parts of the product life cycle were you involved in?
- Revenue generated: How successful were your products? How do they compare to competitors?
- Ability to work cross-functionally: Product Engineers often have to work with many internal teams, as well as suppliers and manufacturers. Recruiters want to know you're able to communicate and work well with others.
- Education: In your product engineer resume, you need to include an education section. Often, Product Engineer jobs require at least a bachelor’s degree, if not masters. Include which type of engineering you studied.
PRO TIPDon't make the same mistake everyone else does. What we mean is don't list your job responsibilities instead of your achievements. Recruiters know what a Product Engineer does. They want to know what kind of difference you can bring to their company. Focus on what you've accomplished.
* Data reflects analysis made on over 1M resume profiles and examples over the last 2 years from Enhancv.com. Use this Product Engineer resume sample as a base to create a unique resume for yourself.
Looking to build your own Product Engineer resume?
Enhancv is a simple tool for building eye-catching resumes that stand out and get results.
Variety of custom sections