According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Marketing Project Manager positions are at a 10% growth rate, which is as fast as average. With that said, there are currently 316,800 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 31,800 to 348,600 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Marketing Project Manager jobs was $141,490 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $74,620, and the highest 10% more than $208,000.
Our conclusion? The Marketing Project Manager job market is wide open for candidates.
Top marketing project manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a memorable experience section: marketing project manager resume edition
Checklist: ways to make your experience section stand out
- Find balance: use 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Include positions that are relevant to the job you’re applying for;
- Use action verbs when describing your responsibilities and results;
- Highlight your achievements by adding numbers to them (e.g. instead of saying “achieved a steady increase in…”, say “achieved an X% increase in…”);
- Prove that you’re willing to work hard, both individually and in a team.
We’ve gathered the most impressive Marketing Project Manager experience sections from real Enhancv resumes. Check them out for some additional inspiration!
- I was in charge for the Marketing and Communication of the Risk & Security Offer (> 300 consultants) : redefinition of the offer, organization of events, public relations...
- I created the Internal TV Channel at Devoteam, for which I worked with all the entities of Devoteam and was responsible for the content and design.
- I created training materials to the Group level : marketing materials for the Sales Reps, guides to understand the Cloud.
- I was working with our many technological partners such as Google, VmWare, Red Hat, Amazon Web Services...
- Sales analysis, reporting & Budget follow-up
- Conception and implementation of marketing activation plans for European Retail and Wholesale networks
- Project management
- UHNW client profiling for VIP events
- Collaborating with Product Owners delivering strategic creative collateral improving UI experiences
- Delivered company's largest website transition from SharePoint to a CMS platform
- Drove company's careers website redesign using third party developer for deployment
- Steered completion of student internship program including program name, landing page, banners, flyers, program outline and videos
- Achieved all email and print activation campaigns including on boarding, business as usual and reactivation campaigns increasing ownership base
- Ayo by Bluegreen Vacations is currently being used throughout 45+ Resort base
- Drove the completion of an eight-minute owner testimonial video capturing the essence and the emotion importance of a Bluegreen vacation now used in sales digital podiums
- Delivered 32 individual resort CMS sites including resort manager training
- Developing new marketing ideas and identifying suitable initiatives to generate leads and revenues
- Leading, planning, budgeting, developing and executing events, partnerships and marketing activities aligned with the regional and global business and marketing strategy
- Responsible for all marketing related communication messages in close collaboration with corporate communications
- Creating marketing content for websites, brochures and publications and newsletters
- Evaluation of marketing and sponsorship requests and feedback management to applicants and internal stakeholders
- Elaborating contracts and sponsorship agreements in close collaboration with Legal & Compliance
- Measuring effectiveness of marketing activities
- Managed and ran high scale projects with 15+ crew members
- Managed projects with more than 50 stakeholders
- Demonstrated excellence in time management and coordination skills by managing 50+ concurrent projects in a dynamic environment
- Successful synchronizing and prioritizing team actions on the projects managing the project resources & budget
- Coordinated the processes between cross-functional teams and external associates
- Produced 12 month marketing strategies with timelines and deliverables for 5 campus with 7 levels of senior care/housing.
- Managed all marketing efforts.
- Introduced focused social media marketing and PPC/PPI advertising.
- Created VMP's first database to analyze revenue, ensure prospect follow-up, increase event profit margins, monitor employee performance, identify referral channels, and ensure consumer satisfaction.
- Quadrupled special event attendance by thinking out of the box to create events and advertising campaigns that appeal to our ideal prospect.
- Designed, purchased, printed and mailed over 64,000 quarterly newsletters for three campuses while managing an eight-person team responsible for promotion, implementation, and follow-up sales for those events.
- Doubled the incoming traffic to VMPcares.com in 2011.
- Established the first VMP Senior Women's Golf League.
- Used SharePoint to managed internal communications.
- Built partnerships with local businesses and non-profit organizations, such as West Allis Rotary, Young Professional Organizations, Milwaukee County Parks and multiple Chambers of Commerce, by fashioning collaborative events and sharing activity reports.
- Managed 25+ marketing accounts simultaneously with multi-level advertising plans, while meeting tight deadlines and prioritizing workload effectively
- Developed strategically proven digital approaches to meet objectives and capitalize on emerging opportunities
- Tracked and Documents all billable hours and budget expenses for multiple projects
- Introduced change improvement plans to ensure our process aligns with specific goals, methodologies, and initiatives throughout the marketing department
- Increased marketing accounts monthly billing by 5k in first quarter of 2021
- Reduced average onboarding time-to-completion by 30%
- Built brand awareness and generated leads while managing internal and external marketing campaigns and programs.
- Increased brand awareness by developing technical and non-technical marketing collateral and presentations, public relations campaigns, articles and newsletters.
- Helped incorporate product changes into marketing message to drive customer engagement and firm profits.
- Capitalized on industry and marketplace trends to strategize marketing solutions and enhance business operations.
- Reduced marketing costs by streamlining marketing roles, leveraging communications materials, monitoring budgets, and developing protocol.
- Briefed senior executives on monthly projections, product launches and other marketing plans.
- Devised and deployed online marketing plans with effective SEO, social media and viral video campaign strategies.
- Developed company brand messaging, collateral materials, customer events, promotional strategies, and product commercialization.
- Coordinate projects with cross-functional contractors globally
- Plan and implement email marketing campaigns throughout project lifecycle
- Define, analyze and translate metrics for marketing and sales reports
- Email deliverability and domain reputation
- Maintain all website content and updates on ModX platform daily
- Acting as a trusted and strategic advisor to the sales team
- In charge of the development and implementation of go-to-market strategies for advertising campaigns
- Strategic expert in paid and physical advertisements
- Managing budget constraints and optimizing the returns on investment
- Managed an annual marketing budget of USD 4 million and had complete responsibility for Pan-India Marketing
- Developed, managed, scheduled and enforced timelines internally and externally for various marketing projects- always factoring in budget and resource management
- Managed the complete portfolio of services from product design, brand awareness, community engagement, digital strategy, website to data collection for better insights
- Worked with agencies to develop and execute marketing campaigns on multiple platforms - ATL, BTL & Digital
- Laid the content strategy and managed the new website development project with multiple stakeholders (www.clovedental.in)
- Created communication strategy and managed the project to print & supply brand collaterals to all retail centers across the country (Flyers, coupons, newsletters, posters, banners, standees etc)
- Analysis of the business plan following a call for tender and choice of the Partner
- Managing relationships between the Bank, Partner, Consulting firm and Headquarter
- Definition of the action plan
- Organisation of Weekly meetings and workshops
- Analysis of blocking points with the project team (legal, marketing, Operational, finance and IT)
- Entered and won the U. S. Chamber of Commerce 2018 Dream Big Minority-Owned Business Achievement Award in October 2018.
- Projects include SOS delivery truck wrap, social media policy, calendar, content for campaigns with benchmarks.
- Increased engagement by 2% in six months on three media platforms.
- Increased public relations 18% over 2017.
- Analyzed data from Saleschain to create a communications calendar for prospects and clients with automated contact where possible.
- Planned and hosted events, including a 3-day conference for 20+ copier dealers from across the United States.
- Increased the team's productivity by 20% after implementing Prince2
- Planned and managed up to 10 sustainable decommission projects at any given time with budgets ranging from $10,000 – $500,000
- Built over 20 healthy relationships with returning clients
- Crafted and orchestrated the digital strategy and project roadmap for Coca-Cola's 2020 Christmas Ads, which brought in $4.5M in revenue in December for Coke
- Established a team of 7 people covering all aspects of in-house marketing, cutting down costs with 20%
- Boosted revenue by 30% by implementing content & email marketing strategies from key analysis
- Developed and implemented SEM, resulting in a 25% increase in revenue from $1.2M in 2017 to $1.5M in 2018
- Developed and orchestrated an aggressive social media marketing campaign that resulted in a 40% increase in conversion rate
- Responsible for project worth of $10M with a distributed team
- Conducted gap analysis of marketing project management maturity and established a 3 year road-map for success
- Collaborated with Product Management, Marketing and Agency to plan quarterly B2C campaigns, increasing Torphy's clients by 40%
- Increased engagement by 15% on Instagram and LinkedIn by uploading branded content and exploiting the platforms' algorithms
The person reading your Marketing Project Manager resume will be busy, make sure you never waste their time with fluff.
Action verbs for your marketing project manager resume
Marketing project manager resume: crafting a strong skills section
Do this if you want to make your skills section stand out.
- Check the job advert for keywords and add them to your skills section to pass ATS;
- List only skills that are relevant to the position to keep the hiring manager focused;
- Balance between hard, soft, and technical skills;
- Elaborate on some of your strongest skills in other sections of your Marketing Project Manager resume, e.g. the experience section or your resume’s summary.
Top skills for your marketing project manager resume
Creative problem solving
When picking skills to feature in your resume, make sure they'll be relevant to the position you’re applying to. The point of listing skills is for you to stand out from the competition. Stay away from repetitive, meaningless skills that everyone uses in their resumes. Or else, they’ll backfire and make you look like an average candidate.
Marketing project manager resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your marketing project manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Marketing Project Manager resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
How to write an inspiring marketing project manager resume summary
Checklist: Writing a resume summary that makes you stand out
- Keep it short and use well-structured sentences;
- Mention your total years of experience in the field and your #1 achievement;
- Highlight your strengths and relevant skills;
- Add keywords from the company’s website or the job description.
Resume summary formula:
Your summary section should act as a brief but informative introduction to your experience section. In this section you should go into more depth about what you have done, and how you did it.
Making the education section of your marketing project manager resume stand out
Education section checklist for your marketing project manager resume:
- List your highest education degree: including your major, year of graduation, and the institution you attended;
- Highlight the extracurricular activities that have helped you gain additional expertise;
- Share more about the certifications you’ve got, especially if they are relevant to the job position;
- Entry-level applicants: Mention relevant courses and projects.
Top certifications for your marketing project manager resume
The Project Management Course: Beginner to PROject Manager
The Complete Course for becoming a Successful Project Manager
Project Thinking for Non-Project Managers
How to survive in projects
Practical Project Management for Managers and First Time PMs
Learn Project management so you can deliver your next project be on time, on budget, and to requirements.
Project Management : the Fundamentals
Master the basics of project management. Discover the steps to manage your projects effectively.
Project Management Essentials
A crash course in the essentials of project management for new project managers.
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
Marketing project manager resume: Formatting tips & tricks
Which came first: the hen or the egg? This question reminds us of the thing our resume experts hear most often in their job – which comes first: the content or the format? Well, we advise you to pick the format first and then go on with drafting your resume’s content.
And how do you choose a resume format? Well, based on your applicant profile. In general, there are three basic resume formats for you to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Let’s look at each one of them in more detail:
The reverse-chronological resume format is quite straightforward. Here, you describe all your previous jobs in a reverse-chronological form, meaning your latest job comes first. This resume format is great for people with lots of experience and skills who don’t have any career gaps.
If you are a recent graduate or don’t really have much experience in the industry you’re applying for, go for the functional skills-based resume format. This format focuses on skills and character traits, rather than experience. It makes the hiring manager realize you’re the perfect fit for the role without putting too much emphasis on your work history.
And if you’re looking for something a bit more intriguing and exciting, check out the hybrid resume format. It’s a combination of the reverse-chronological and functional skills-based formats, which makes it great for all types of job-seekers. The hybrid resume allows you to showcase both your professional experience and your skills, education, and additional qualifications. If you’re feeling creative, add a separate section about your typical day or life philosophy.
Our top style and layout resume format tips:
- Go for a standard 12p resume font;
- Choose 1-inch resume margins for a professional and easy-to-read feel;
- ry your best to fit your resume in a one-page template. If you’re a professional with over 10 years of relevant experience, having a two-page resume is also fine;
- Make sure to save your resume as PDF – this will help you avoid unwanted editing and formatting issues.
Read this: How to make your resume stand out
Test your draft Marketing Project Manager resume by sending it out to peers and mentors in your circles. Ask them to review it as if they are hiring you for a project and implement the feedback afterwards.
Other sections that’ll look good on your Marketing Project Manager resume
Do you want to move beyond the traditional skills, education, and experience section? Easy-peasy!
Just choose one or two additional sections to help recruiters get a fuller picture of who you are, both as a person and as a professional:
Adding a splash of creativity to your marketing project manager resume
Boring resumes are no longer an option if you’re looking to impress recruiters.
And no matter whether you’re looking to give your old resume a new life or want to start building a new one from scratch, being at least moderately creative is always a good idea. Do this by adding a ‘favorite books’ section or even a pie chart of what your typical day looks like.
What makes a great marketing project manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.