According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Assistant Marketing Manager positions are at a 10% growth rate, which is as fast as average. With that said, there are currently 316,800 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 31,800 to 348,600 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Assistant Marketing Manager jobs was $141,490 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $74,620, and the highest 10% more than $208,000.
Our conclusion? The Assistant Marketing Manager job market is wide open for candidates.
Top assistant marketing manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
What to include in your assistant marketing manager resume experience section
Assistant marketing manager resume experience section checklist:
- Use at least 3 and no more than 7 bullet points per position;
- Make your experience sound relevant to what you’re applying for;
- Combine responsibilities, results, and critical situations that you’ve handled well;
- Show that you’re willing to take up on challenges;
- Include numbers in any form you like.
Looking for some real experience section examples? We’ve gathered the best Assistant Marketing Manager resume samples to help you. Check them out before building your own resume!
- Supporting in Managing the overall digital marketing communication for LG Electronics products.
- Ensure all digital activities are executed efficiently.
- Maintain and improve blogger & social media partnerships to empower brand image.
- Monitor digital marketing campaigns with creative and media agencies.
- Reporting weekly & monthly digital marketing performance of the company and its competitors.
- Organize and manage events, conferences and product launches as per budget.
- Support Top management and business units to reach the target PR Value.
- Analyse & report media coverage and industry updates.
- Maintain and improve relationship with key Journalists and Social Media influencers.
- Manage the marketing activities for Five Guys UAE including liaising with social media, PR, and creative agencies and reporting back to the Five Guys global team
- Support in conceptualizing, developing and implementing the annual Corporate/Destination marketing plans in line with business objectives and drive the overall strategy for City Walk and Dubai Harbour
- Implement innovative brand campaigns and concepts that will increase attractiveness of the allocated assets and work closely with and support the retail marketing team to achieve our objectives
- Brief in requirements and support in managing creative, PR, and social media agencies to develop and produce content in line with the brand guidelines of the destination/s brand and Meraas
- Track the relevant corporate destination marketing budget
- Prepare activity reports covering the campaigns, activations, social media, media and PR performances
- Support all destination business units including the different sectors of Retail, Hospitality, Real Estate and L&E ensuring synergies with the marketing and company objectives i.e. for City Walk, liaise with La Ville Hotel, L&E assets such as The Green Planet, Roxy Cinemas and Coca-Cola Arena and the City Walk resident's community management team
- Manage the marketing activities related to our partnership with Visa
- Support other business units such as Hala China with their marketing needs
- Supervise agencies develop and implement agreed marketing initiatives for promoting premium services and revamp corporate website
- Oversee update of digital content and work with IT for enhancement of application system in order to ensure an eﬃcient delivery of updated
- Maintain a close business relationship with existing business partners for a continued support to various marketing initiatives
- Keep abreast of market trend in the application of technology for enhancing core value proposition
- Assist in the development of ATL and BTL marketing strategy in a measurable plan and budget
- Develop strategic plan on various digital platforms that help promote product and corporate image including social media, website, e-newsletter..etcs
- Supervise agencies and in-house production unit to develop and implement agreed marketing initiatives for promoting premium services
- Track and monitor KPI performances, evaluate user behavior and adjust digital marketing plan accordingly
- Research product offering and competition to develop effective marketing strategies.
- Represented company at Techtextil Exibition Mumbai, 2021.
- Developing Innovative product solutions grounded in clear understanding of client's needs.
- Handling export of companies product to international client and business partners of the company.
- Responsible for marketing management, outstanding business follow ups, drafting documents, customer relations, international client handling and contacting potential business partners.
- Handling companies leads through eximaps-the dollar business website.
- Preparation of various documents for commercial and regulatory purpose.
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to define marketing programme requirements.
- Plan, implement and execute Carlist.my’s consumer, trade and digital marketing strategy across Malaysia
- Constantly engage stakeholders to maximise brand awareness, recognition and favourability
- Develop, produce and sustain high-end collateral and marketing materials that reflect iCar Asia’s premium products
- Collate and maintain accurate contact lists of clients
- Develop customized retention and engagement strategies for stakeholders
- Determine and execute communication strategies including ATL & BTL advertising and channels
- Foster excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Build and nurture strategic partnerships
- Work closely with various departmental teams to ensure they are well equipped with relevant information
- Communicate well-articulated product and service offerings, key proposition, benefits and messages to internal and external stakeholders
- Plan and manage consumer, trade and digital marketing campaign budgets
- Manage creative production of online and offline marketing assets, graphic design, web development and eDMs from the initial concept to finalized production and execution
- Conduct thorough research on iCar’s clients, and clearly and concisely convey findings to market
- Create and define GrabCar’s brand strategy, including positioning, brand architecture and value proposition
- Develop GrabCar’s brand voice, ensuring consistency across all collaterals and touchpoints
- Write reports, specification and creative briefs
- Manage external agencies, vendor and partners
- Assisting GrabCar head and Head of Marketing in developing and executing GrabCar specific marketing plans encompassing advertising campaigns, PR events and digital marketing while ensuring brand consistency
- Build and manage marketing tactical campaigns, PR, content, partnership and event calendars
- Perform data analysis and provide thought leadership based on consumers insights
- Develop and manage co-marketing partnerships
- Introduced CV Showcase recruitment solution to 50+ companies
- Developed the candidate base from 4000 to 7500+ to date.
- Handled Two events - 1 International and 1 Local to date.
- Assisting in overall management and operations of the Marketing Department.
- Participate in local and international educational road-shows for branding and recruiting.
- Being part of the team that developed new programmes and courses.
- Handle customers’ walk-ins, call-ins, and e-mail inquiries.
- Assist students on the future and the pathways.
- Prepare road-shows / activity schedules, advertisements schedules and manpower schedules.
- Coordinate articles write-up.
- Being in the selection committee (to select new students) for every intake.
- Developed and executed key elements of the Molson Canadian marketing and communications plans including media, on-premise and retail channels, social and digital media, and the activation of various sponsorship partnerships including NHL and Hockey Canada
- Led the creative development and execution of marketing campaigns, packaging updates and consumer promotions with five (5) agency partners
- Led the brand approval process for in-case promotions including the 2016 Stanley Cup Rings, in collaboration with both on-premise and retail within the national channel marketing team
- Owned the development and communication of a monthly analysis of business performance for one (1) region providing key insights and recommendations
Check the Assistant Marketing Manager job description for inspiration. Look for similarities between your employer’s values and your experience.
Action verbs for your assistant marketing manager resume
Top assistant marketing manager skills for your resume
Assistant marketing manager resume skills section checklist:
- Match your hard skills to the job description;
- Add keywords to pass applicant tracking systems;
- Don’t list soft skills such as ’teamwork’ – rather, mention how they’ve helped you gain success in some other sections of your Assistant Marketing Manager resume;
- List only skills you actually have, keep lying out of the picture.
Top skills for your assistant marketing manager resume
Creative problem solving
When describing your experience, don’t go too far from its terminology. Recruiters use ATS systems to filter resumes based on them having certain keywords, so make sure you use at least a few keywords mentioned in the job description.
Assistant marketing manager resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your assistant marketing manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Include a link to your portfolio in your Assistant Marketing Manager resume header. Most companies will require that you include one in your resume, and even if they don’t, it’s an excellent opportunity to directly show them your proudest projects.
Craft a strong assistant marketing manager resume summary
Assistant Marketing Manager resume summary checklist:":
- Your total years of experience
- The industry you’re coming from
- One or two most remarkable accomplishments that have helped you - turn into a great professional
- Short sentences that add value – avoid filler words and phrases
Resume summary formula:
You’re not going to get hired simply because of a good summary or objective. However, your recruiter can bump you up in front of similarly experienced candidates who didn’t demonstrate such passion and drive.
Highlight your education, certifications, and courses
What to include in your education and courses sections:
- Your highest education degree – this includes institution, course, and duration
- Certifications and courses that have helped you gain additional expertise
- Awards you’ve received as part of your education
- Entry-level positions only: relevant classes and projects
Top certifications for your assistant marketing manager resume
Become a Product Marketing Manager | Product Management
Product Marketing Strategy : Marketing New Product : Product to Market : Product Promotion : New Product Launch Strategy
Digital Marketing Masterclass - 23 Marketing Courses in 1
Learn Social Media Marketing, Facebook Marketing, Content Marketing, YouTube Marketing, Email Marketing, SEO, Branding+
Become a CRM Manager: overview for Email Marketing starters!
Salary, chances and challenges: What's it like to work as a CRM Manager and how to become one? A course by a Head of CRM
Digital Marketing Course For Managers & Entrepreneurs
Complete Understanding Of Digital Marketing Platforms To Create A Digital Marketing Strategy For Your Company & Brand
Instagram Marketing for Virtual Assistants
How to grow your Instagram account on autopilot
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
Drafting a Job-winning Assistant Marketing Manager Resume
When drafting your resume, you can choose between three well-known formats:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
Which format you decide to go for depends on two things: your personal preference and how experienced you are.
The reverse-chronological format is ideal for both really experienced people and those who joined the workforce just a couple of years ago. It’s also great if your experience combines different industries and jobs. Here, your most recent position comes at the top of your resume.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is ideal for recent graduates or people who have no work experience whatsoever. It’s built around your skills, interests, and expertise. Ultimately, its goal is to show recruiters your biggest strengths and practical skills.
Combination resumes (also known as hybrid resumes) are great for all types of candidates – be they graduates, experienced professionals, or brave career changers. They usually follow a double-column format – one side focuses on your experience, while the other emphasizes your education, skills, interests, and accomplishments.
Here’s our resume format and style checklist:
- Choose a traditional resume font sized 12p;
- Go for standard 1-inch resume margins;
- Match the length of your Assistant Marketing Manager resume with your experience – choose a one-page template if you have less than 10 years of experience, and be careful with two-page templates;
- Send your resume in PDF – in this way, you’ll avoid formatting issues and potential editing from third parties.
And in case you want to go the extra mile, check out our guide for crafting a resume that stands out.
Test your draft Assistant Marketing Manager resume by sending it out to peers and mentors in your circles. Ask them to review it as if they are hiring you for a project and implement the feedback afterwards.
Other sections worth including in your assistant marketing manager resume
Including other sections in your resume depends on the company, the position, and, ultimately, the industry. Here are some sections that will help you spice things up:
An assistant marketing manager resume that stands out
Recruiters look at tens of resumes every day. That’s why helping them remember yours is crucial for landing an interview.
A creative resume can help you show off both your personality and your expertise at the same time.
Creative sections about passions, favorite books, quotes, and even your daily routine are a great way to make your resume feel like a breath of fresh air.
What’s more, it will also point recruiters to the fact that you’re attentive to detail and can think outside the box of Word-generated black and white resumes.
What makes a great assistant marketing manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.