According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Trade Marketing Manager positions are at a 10% growth rate, which is as fast as average. With that said, there are currently 316,800 jobs in the market right now. The total number of jobs is expected to increase by 31,800 to 348,600 in the period of 2020-30.
What’s more, the median annual wage for the Trade Marketing Manager jobs was $141,490 in May 2020. The lowest 10% earned less than $74,620, and the highest 10% more than $208,000.
Our conclusion? The Trade Marketing Manager job market is wide open for candidates.
Top trade marketing manager sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers and results)
- Relevant skills
Things to remember when writing your trade marketing manager experience section
Trade marketing manager experience section checklist:
- Keep it short: use no more than 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Go for short, easy-to-read sentences to keep recruiters engaged;
- Focus on relevant job experience that will enhance your application;
- Describe your experience using the C-A-R (challenge, action, result) methodology;
- Ditch buzzwords and go for power words instead.
To illustrate it more clearly, we’ve collected some of the best experience section examples from real Trade Marketing Manager resumes. Check them out below!
- Moved from 13th to top 5 top of mind & market share
- Launched 360 degree marketing campaign, became leaders in MPV segment
- Managed the release of new products in the natural foods and painting segments, managing +30 different SKUs
- Elaboration and Execution of Brand Plans and full responsibility for A&P budget investments: Internal discussions with the CEO and the CFO in order to achieve the margin and turnover goals in line with the annual company business plan, External discussions with the Sales Area Directors and Global Brand Teams for each brand/group managed.
- Support the national company sales force to achieve results providing necessary technical expertise, executing and implementing Trade Marketing activities, tracking results and key learnings.
- Elaboration and Execution of commercial strategies as pricing, promotional campaigns, canvass and push actions
- PR Activities involving Media, Influencers and Stakeholders.
- Responsible of developing, implementing, and steering a omni marketing activation plan for the Nordics in accordance with the strategic business plan. Ensure No.1 execution and commercial impact of Peak Performance marketing concepts.
- Develop and steer competitive sell-thru, and brand awareness - driven customized marketing plans for wholesale Key Accounts and follow up on ROI on all activities.
- Lead the overall regional marketing plan for the Nordics including strategic partnerships, sponsorships and PR.
- Lead the briefing process to agencies and external partners on specific marketing needs. Total budget ownership of concerned region.
- Commercial contracts: deﬁnition of target, duration, commercial and marketing plan
- Forecast&Budget: monitoring and analysis of the licensees’ quarterly forecasts and deﬁnition of the annual Budget to achieve;
- Product development: supervision of the entire product process to achieve the correct products in line with each project's target;
- Retail&trade marketing: identiﬁcation of the strategies for the correct positioning of the products in the market to grow the business through retail&coordination of the activities;
- Main Clients: Procter&Gamble (Oral B); Kimberly Clark Corporation (Huggies); L'Oréal Italia S.p.A.; Giochi Preziosi S.p.A.; So.di.Co. s.r.l.; Lucart S.p.A. ; Worldcart s.r.l.; Giuseppe Citterio S.p.A.; Thai Union Italia (Mareblu) .
- Achievements: Annual Budget hit (2009-2019) ; FMCG subcategories gaps filled, in particular baby personal care and adult make up.
- Build sales promotions and product communication;
- Increase brand presence, market share and improve customer satisfaction;
- Develop trade marketing activities related to the different kind of commercial networks.
- Leader of premium beer market in RJ/ES in 2016
- Events National Planner and Antarctica Events Manager in 2015
- Marketing Manager of Nosso Bar Franchises in 2014
- Initiated national level sampling activity for more than 8 different categories with a reach target of 1.8 million touch points in 120 key account stores with 120 promoters during 2018.
- Designed, developed and deployed 1500 secondary displays for bakery business.
- Structured and lead trade marketing function for KSA with 13 team members.
- Initiated “Huge In-Store Experience” concept in the company by achieving 1500+ displays for facial tissues category in 1200+ stores for 30 days across Saudi delivering 33% growth in sales and 23% in margins.
- Delivered highest ever sales growth during 2013-16 with sales turnover from $78MM to $121MM in Saudi.
- Designed, developed and implemented national level sampling activity for Kotex sanitary napkins to reach 500K females during 2016.
- Deployed more than 150 branded signboards in traditional trade during 2013-17.
- Establish channel strategies
- Manage and evaluate trade promotion levels to achieve maximum return
- Manage trade marketing budget
- Develop trade programs focused on driving velocity and points of distribution with clear guidelines for execution, including targets, timing and tracking expectations in CRM
- Collaboratively work with 5 external brand partners to ensure field sales team is equipped with the tools and information to support core product portfolio and innovations
- Create and update weekly inventory and pricing documents for each market and external retailer bulletin PDFs highlighting new SKUs, price changes and upcoming innovations
- Defined the market potential and the price positioning for more than 1k new items ensuring a 10% reduction in coverage gap vs competitors
- Carried out sell-in and sell-out marketing promotions through the marketing budget management to deliver a profitable growth of sales (Managed TO +5.7% vs 2014, +0.7% vs mrkt trend)
- Structured media strategy for products and above the line promotions
- Build the premiumization of Corona, Leffe and Cubanisto brands
- Spiritual Homes & Style Integration
- Consumer experience
- KPIs monitoring & EBITDA turnover
- Projects & Budget Management: +400% volume realized, 15 projects in 1 year.
- Creation & Management of a National On Trade Activation program
- Coordination with France distributor (CCEP) & Business Unit
- Developpment of POS, events, sales supports
- Building Trade marketing department
- Preparation of trade marketing activities for the entire portfoil in particular distribution channels as part of the accepted brand and sales strategy
- Direct reporting to Commercial Director
- Manage the whole process of creating promo activities as project manager - timing, delivering, pricing, Including activities in the Annual Operating plan of the company
- Strongly participating in the creation and realization of the Annual Operating Plan of the company in Bulgaria
- Build Queen's as main brand in FMCG segment and JNSD
- Build Queen's as main player on the market in LARGE/EXTRA LARGE GROCERIES before the main player Cappy according to AC NIELSEN
- Build Tiger energy drink as third energy drink player on the market
- Manage POS materials - supervise the whole process of designing, printing, delivering materials and execution
- Lead negotiations with supply companies
- Manage the whole budget of Trade Marketing Department
- Manage motivation programs for sales force, loyalty and incentive programs for retailers, main distributors
- Strongly cooperate with Sales team regarding providing benefit for the company
- Organizing meetings and preparing presentations for sales representatives and client and participation in those meetings
- Adaptation, improving and execution of merchandising standard of the company to Bulgarian market
- Deeply analyzing all TM activities and giving proposals for improving
- Holding coaching and assessment interviews with employees
- Introducing activities supporting employee development, integration and talent management
- Motivating subordinate employees
- Monitoring, inspecting and accounting for the work of subordinates
- Monitoring agreed KPI from the Annual Operating Plan, proposing activities to increase realization of important KPI
- Coordinating BTL programs
- Project Manager of implementing new distribution and Merchandising Standards of Tymbark Bulgaria on our market
- Advising Commercial Director of Maspex in Serbia and creating together activities for the Serbian market with Maspex partner in Serbia - Podravka
- Develop and deliver the short and long-term global trade marketing strategies based on business and consumer insights for the Sloggi portfolio
- Responsible for global packaging strategy and development
- Deliver channel calendar aligned with sloggi campaigns, retail and ecommerce
- Creation and execution of Trade Marketing plans to support the development and implementation of the marketing strategies for 5J brand in Spain, France, UK, Portugal and Italy in HoReCa
- Energise sales force team by given them the right tools to increase sales
- Negotiation and organization of cultural and sports events sponsorship (Festival de Perelada, Festival de Cap Roig, Santiago Bernabeu, Mutua Madrid Open, SCIO, F1 Montmeló, etc.)
- Budget control
- Got additional investment from producer (15% from turnover)
- Aligned Company target decrease (30% from sell-in)
- Got 100% bonus for distributor
- Aligned the fund increase by 2.5%
- Create the tracking tool of Budget/Plans performance
- Leading of analytics department and BI project
- Leading of POSM process
The person reading your Trade Marketing Manager resume will be busy, make sure you never waste their time with fluff.
Action verbs for your trade marketing manager resume
The Best Way to Write Your Trade Marketing Manager Resume’s Skills Section
Trade marketing manager resume: skills section checklist
- Scan the job advert for keywords worth including in your resume;
- List both hard and transferable skills;
- Leave room for discussion: include some of your skills in other sections of your resume;
- Focus on skills that prove your expertise and leave the irrelevant ones behind.
Top skills for your trade marketing manager resume
Creative problem solving
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
Trade marketing manager resume header: Tips, red flags, and best practices
Checklist for your trade marketing manager resume header
- Your name and surname in a legible and larger resume font
- The job title you’re applying for or your current job title as a subheading to your name
- Link to your portfolio or online profile, such as LinkedIn
- Address (City and State for the US; just your city for rest of the world)
- Email address
- Headshot (required or welcomed in the EU; not required and sometimes frowned upon in the US)
Stick to popular email providers such as Gmail or Outlook. And use these professional formats to create your username:
Some companies, states, and countries have non-discrimination policies about what kind of information can be included on your Trade Marketing Manager resume. This might include a photo (which is often included in a resume header and might be on personal web pages you link to). You can always email the company’s HR department to ask about their policies before you apply.
Writing a strong trade marketing manager resume summary
Trade Marketing Manager resume summary checklist:
- Mention your position and total years of experience in the field;
- Highlight 1-2 of your top achievements;
- Go for shorter sentences and keep them to the point – don’t include anything that doesn’t support your application;
- Add 2-4 keywords present in the job description.
Resume summary formula:
When writing a resume summary or objective, avoid first-person narrative.
Adding Education, Courses, and Certifications to Your Trade Marketing Manager Resume
Education section tips and tricks:
- Add info about your highest degree level, incl. year of graduation, place of study, and degree subject;
- Mention some education-related awards you’ve received;
- Share a bit more about your certifications (if they are relevant);
- Entry-level applicants: Tailor your education section by including classes that are relevant to the position you’re applying for.
Top certifications for your trade marketing manager resume
Become a Product Marketing Manager | Product Management
Product Marketing Strategy : Marketing New Product : Product to Market : Product Promotion : New Product Launch Strategy
Digital Marketing Course 2022: Be a Digital Marketing Nomad
Learn Digital Marketing, Copywriting, Ads, SEO, Video Creation. Become a Digital Marketing Nomad. Freelance and Travel.
Social Media Marketing Agency : Digital Marketing + Business
Learn to build a business, find clients, & social media marketing all in one. Facebook ads, Instagram, Google ads & ...
Digital Marketing Course For Managers & Entrepreneurs
Complete Understanding Of Digital Marketing Platforms To Create A Digital Marketing Strategy For Your Company & Brand
Digital Marketing Masterclass - 23 Marketing Courses in 1
Learn Social Media Marketing, Facebook Marketing, Content Marketing, YouTube Marketing, Email Marketing, SEO, Branding+
If you hold a certain major and a minor, your majors should be mentioned first.
The best format for your trade marketing manager resume
Choosing the right format for your resume might seem difficult, regardless of whether you’re a newbie or a master. In short, there are three basic resume formats for you to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The choice you make depends on your level of experience and the company you’re applying for.
The reverse-chronological resume format is great for you if you have at least 10 years of experience, no employment gaps, and are not looking for a career change. Here, you are expected to list all your previous jobs in a reverse-chronological format, starting from your most recent position and going back to the oldest one. It’s perfect for experienced individuals who are looking for a straightforward way to highlight their expertise.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is great for recent graduates or professionals with large employment gaps. It focuses on skills and education, rather than experience. This makes it ideal for showing you’re the right fit without putting too much emphasis on your lack of (relevant) experience.
If you’re looking for something a bit more creative, go for the combination resume format. It’s a mix of the reverse-chronological and the functional skills-based formats, which makes it ideal for all types of applicants. What’s more, it’s considered modern and innovative, and isn’t this what you want your application to feel like anyway?
After choosing the right format for your Trade Marketing Manager resume, it’s time to perfect the layout and style.
- Go for traditional 1-inch resume margins;
- Choose a simple resume font, sized 10-12p;
- Make sure that the length of your resume matches your applicant profile: try to fit in a one-page template; two-page templateare suitable only for candidates with over 10 years of experience.
- Save your resume in PDF to avoid issues around formatting and unauthorized editing.
Looking for more ways to make your application stand out? Read this article!
Sometimes you’ll want to go after a job which requires more experience than you have. Instead of using a typical Trade Marketing Manager resume layout, you can use a creative layout. Getting noticed is the most important challenge and a creative resume layout might help you get invited for an interview as most of other accountants have boring resume designs.
Other sections to include in your resume
Depending on the type of company, your position, and your general desire to experiment and showcase your creative side, you might want to add some additional sections to your resume. Some examples include:
Creating a memorable trade marketing manager resume
You want your resume to put you in front of other candidates even when the competition is high, right? Right!
One of the easiest ways to do this is by adding a drop or two of creativity. You can choose a colorful and out-of-the-box template, or maybe even put a ‘what my typical days look like’ section at the bottom of your resume
It’s totally up to you. Just make sure to match the level of creativity to the industry, the position, and the company.
What makes a great trade marketing manager resume: key takeaways
- Choose a resume layout that sends the right message across and fits your current career situation;
- Create a resume header that shows your desired job title, and easy to find contact numbers;
- Be specific about your experience, accomplishments and future goals in your summary;
- Feature detailed metrics and specific examples that show the impact you made in your previous roles when describing your experience;
- List soft skills backed by examples;
- Add all of your technical skills and certifications that you have and match the job description;
- Show off a dash of personality in your resume that will demonstrate your culture fit and the right mix of hard and soft skills.