Top Business Development Consultant sections that make the best resume
- Professional summary
- Experience (with numbers & results)
- Relevant skills
Writing a memorable experience section: Business Development Consultant resume edition
Checklist: Ways to Make Your Experience Section Stand Out
- Find balance: use 4-6 bullet points per position;
- Include positions that are relevant to the job you’re applying for;
- Use action verbs when describing your responsibilities and results;
- Highlight your achievements by adding numbers to them (e.g. instead of saying “achieved a steady increase in…”, say “achieved an X% increase in…”);
- Prove that you’re willing to work hard, both individually and in a team.
Need examples? We looked through thousands of Business Development Consultant resumes and gathered some examples of what the ideal experience section looks like. Check them out below!
- Developed and executed a strategic account plan resulting in a 20% increase in revenue over the past year.
- Identified and promoted the use of more efficient operating methods, resulting in a 15% reduction in project delivery time.
- Evaluated and identified issues, collected information, and implemented possible solutions resulting in a 10% increase in customer satisfaction.
- Developed an in-depth understanding of client's business challenges and technology to better understand their needs and provide more effective solutions.
- Communicated comprehensive solutions to clients and successfully secured new business opportunities.
- Ensured compliance with company standards, resulting in meeting or exceeding assigned quotas and margins.
- Conducted market analysis to recognize competition strategy and identify areas for growth.
- Successfully established and maintained relationships with decision-makers and effectively managed the sales process.
- Maintained reliable and up-to-date information in Bitrix on clients and their negotiations.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to deliver successful projects on time and within scope.
- Trained and mentored junior team members to ensure they met performance targets.
- Identified and secured new business opportunities, resulting in a 25% increase in revenue over the past two years.
- Developed and executed a strategic account plan, resulting in 15% growth in existing accounts.
- Conducted market research and identified areas for growth and development, resulting in the successful launch of new service offerings.
- Developed and maintained strong relationships with key decision-makers at client organizations.
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams to ensure successful project delivery.
- Implemented a new client communication strategy, resulting in increased client satisfaction and improved retention rates.
- Managed and mentored a team of junior business development professionals.
- Trained team members on effective sales techniques and best practices.
- Increased sales by 35% through successful implementation of new sales strategies.
- Generated over $1M in revenue by securing several key accounts with major clients.
- Developed and maintained relationships with over 50 new clients, resulting in long-term partnerships and increased revenue.
- Collaborated with the marketing team to develop new promotional materials, resulting in increased brand recognition and lead generation.
- Filled over 50 positions with top talent, resulting in increased productivity and revenue for clients.
- Reduced the time to fill a position by 20% through improved sourcing and screening methods.
- Developed and maintained a strong network of candidates and clients, resulting in increased business and referrals.
- Provided exceptional customer service to clients and candidates, resulting in a 95% satisfaction rate.
- Identified and promoted more efficient operational methods, resulting in a 20% increase in profitability for the organization.
- Determined and communicated comprehensive solutions to clients, resulting in a 30% increase in client satisfaction.
- Supported market analysis to recognize competitor strategies and ensure OFI's competitive advantage in the market.
- Evaluated and identified problems and implemented solutions, resulting in a 25% increase in efficiency for clients.
- Defined project scopes and objectives, identified and established schedules that fit project goals, resulting in a 20% increase in project completion rates.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to develop and implement solutions that meet client needs.
- Identified and promoted more efficient operational methods, resulting in a 15% increase in productivity for the organization.
- Evaluated and improved business processes, resulting in a 10% increase in efficiency for clients.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to develop and implement process improvement solutions.
Include quantitative data throughout your Business Development Consultant resume to impress the hiring manager. Real facts and figures that show off your competency as an audit manager go a long way. Did you reduce the costs of audits? Manage a large team? Boosted efficiency? Show off the real numbers!
Action Verbs for your Business Development Consultant Resume
Business Development Consultant Resume Skills’ Tips & Tricks to Impress Recruiters
How to write a strong Business Development Consultant resume skills section?
- Make sure to include all types of skills - soft, hard, technical;
- Focus on skills that show your expertise in the field;
- Check the job description for keywords and make sure to add them to your resume – this will help you pass ATS;
- Leave room for discussion – elaborate on some of your strongest skills in other sections of your resume
Top skills for your business development consultant resume
Avoid getting sidetracked by Applicant tracking software by including a tech skills' section matching the job description and your own qualifications.
Business Development Consultant resume header: tips, red flags, and best practices
Job-winning Business Development Consultant resume summary checklist:
- Mention your total years of experience in the field;
- Highlight one or two of your top achievements;
- Avoid getting into too much detail – you’ll do that in the experience section;
- Focus on short sentences that are easy to read and add value to your application.
Resume summary formula:
Read the job description carefully and understand what the hiring company is exactly looking for. After that, write your summary accordingly while highlighting your potential and ability to be the best at that job.
A Professional Format for Your Business Development Consultant Resume
There are some aspects worth taking into consideration when choosing the format of your Business Development Consultant resume. These include the position and company you’re applying for, your total years of experience, whether you’ve been through some employment gaps, and so on.
Generally speaking, there are three basic resume formats for you to choose from:
- Reverse-chronological resume format;
- Functional skills-based resume format;
- Combination (or Hybrid) resume format.
The reverse-chronological resume format is just that: all your jobs listed in a reverse-chronological way, starting from the most recent and moving backward. It’s great for highly experienced professionals with over 10 years in the industry behind their backs. The reason for this: it’s almost entirely focused on experience and achievements.
The functional skills-based resume format, on the other hand, is just the opposite. It’s based on your skills, personality, and expertise. It highlights what you’re capable of even when you don’t have sufficient work experience. This makes it great for students, recent graduates, or people with larger career gaps.
If neither of these sounds like you, go for the combination resume format. It’s a combination of the best characteristics of other formats, which makes it great for showcasing different aspects of your career and education. It also gives you plenty of options to choose from – in terms of colors, structure, and sections.
Our top style and layout resume format tips:
- Go for a standard 12p resume font;
- Choose 1-inch resume margins for a professional and easy-to-read feel;
- ry your best to fit your resume in a one-page template. If you’re a professional with over 10 years of relevant experience, having a two-page resume is also fine;
- Make sure to save your resume as PDF – this will help you avoid unwanted editing and formatting issues.
Read this: How to make your resume stand out